advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Need fax to email service recommendations
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: May 02, 2006 09:19PM
I need to find a reliable fax to email service. I have no need to send emails as faxes.

I've used efax in the past, but their wording "SUBJECT TO J2 GLOBAL'S "FAIR USE" POLICY. YOU WILL BE IN VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY IF, WITHIN ANY THIRTY (30) DAY PERIOD, YOUR USAGE EXCEEDS MORE THAN THREE (3) TIMES THE AVERAGE LEVEL OF USAGE" concerns me. I want a service with a set price for receiving faxes as emails. Any recommendations on service providers?

Or does anyone know of an inexpensive hardware solution?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Need fax to email service recommendations
Posted by: graylocks
Date: May 02, 2006 09:35PM
i've used MaxeMail for the past year. in checking it just now i see that the yearly fee has almost doubled to $24!

it is a good service and was worth it to me for $12.95. i'm going to have to rethink this when my year is up for renewal.

but, for $24 you can receive 500 faxes a month and send at .05 a page. sounds like you'd be covered. the service itself has been rock solid for me.

[maxemail.com]

i left efax last year when i had a very busy month (5 faxes) and the TOS said i had to either sign up for a paid account or leave.
Posted by: shadow
Date: May 02, 2006 09:36PM
I used maxemail.com - though I don't use it for email to fax service.

- Shadow
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: May 02, 2006 09:43PM
With maxemail, it looks like you don't need to install any software as faxes come in as either pdf or tiff. A definite plus. And, I should be able to view them on my blackberry (although they will be very small). With the 250 page allowance per month, that should be enough. Thanks for the recommendation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020