Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Watch CBS TV shows online for FREE @ CBS Innertube
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 05, 2006 04:51PM
Watch CBS TV shows online for FREE @ CBS Innertube

CBS has also joined the club. . .watch CBS shows online for FREE now (scarce selection but hopefully they will add more programs). . .

NEW YORK -- CBS Corp. launched a broadband channel yesterday called Innertube, an ad-supported outlet that will include series created for the Web, as well as material that has already run on CBS.

The site, available on CBS.com, is streaming three shows a day at first, at least one of them new each day. Material already shown will be archived and available at no charge to computer users.

''We want our content to be all the places our viewers are -- and they are certainly on the Internet," said Nancy Tellem, president of the CBS Paramount Network Television Group.

When popular series like ''CSI" might be available is an open question. Tellem said CBS affiliates are nervous about anything that might encourage people to watch the programs anywhere but their stations.

CBS is selling ads on Innertube, and some of the series contain product placement, too.

Innertube is being looked upon as a way to familiarize young viewers with programming on CBS, still the network with the oldest audience. And it's a way to explore different creative ideas; if some work, they could find their way onto the TV network, Tellem said.

''This gives us a whole new opportunity to develop new ideas on a platform that doesn't demand the high costs that we're seeing on the network side," she said.

CBS Innertube

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Watch CBS TV shows online for FREE @ CBS Innertube
Posted by: kap
Date: May 05, 2006 08:49PM
No, QuickTime sad smiley Windows Media Player or Real Player. Which is better? I can't pull up the screen with Mozilla 1.7 browser on my Dell. Which browser will work? I am typing this on my Mac smiling smiley

TiA

Kap

SoCal for now.
Posted by: bfd
Date: May 06, 2006 12:15PM
It's Flash Video … not great quality, either, even on wideband.
Posted by: BLeonard
Date: May 06, 2006 05:46PM
Wouldn't play with Safari. Worked with Firefox but it's crappy video. It "flashed" at me like a strobe light. Painful to watch.
Posted by: kap
Date: May 07, 2006 08:28PM
It IS free to try after all. Well, back to our Low Definition T.V.

Kap

SoCal for now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020