advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Andre Rieu
Posted by: kap
Date: June 16, 2010 12:04PM
Watching his orchestra performance on Today's Show. I like the way he is jazzing up classical tunes. Anyone here listen to Andre? And which of his album is the best?

SoCal for now.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Andre Rieu
Posted by: BillMac
Date: June 16, 2010 01:07PM
I've seen him in concert twice but I do not own any of his albums. I first saw him on the fund-raising for local PBS station and LOVED it. First concert was a few months later in Philly.

If you have the chance to see him live, don't pass it up.

-Bill
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: June 16, 2010 01:18PM
My parents are big fans of him.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 16, 2010 03:00PM
PBS stations roll his concert videos out every time they have a fund raiser around these parts.
What with 3+ PBS stations in the area, seems like he's on continuously; and that's not good. barf smiley
Posted by: Buck
Date: June 17, 2010 12:16AM
Love his music!
Posted by: mjgkramer
Date: June 17, 2010 08:41AM
We also love his music. We first became aware of him when living in the Netherlands (1996 - 1998) where he is from.

Dutch TV at that time frequently played a Grolsch beer ad in which a street roller rolled down a dark, foggy street probably in Amsterdam and ran over a can of Grolsch. The music in the ad was quite haunting and I wanted to buy a CD of it but had difficulty finding it since I didn't know the name of the song. I went to several record shops and tried to hum it for them without success. Then one day while sitting in a sidewalk cafe in Gouda a horse drawn street organ came by playing the song. When the operator came in shaking his brass "kitty" wanting donations I asked what it was and was told it was Shostakovich's 2nd Waltz. The song was the main theme of the Tom Cruise / Nicole Kidman movie "Eyes Wide Shut".

Here's a link to his album "Live at Royal Albert Hall" with a sample of the Second Waltz.

[www.amazon.com]

I made a ring tone of Second Waltz for my iPhone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 173
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020