advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
So far I have watched 11 complete games, and all (31) summaries.
Posted by: Buck
Date: June 21, 2010 12:41PM
I'm tired and may skip Spain-Honduras (starting in about an hour). Are there any World Cup fanatics here, or are you just regular fans like me?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: So far I have watched 11 complete games, and all (31) summaries.
Posted by: weapon
Date: June 21, 2010 12:51PM
Currently employed.
Posted by: decay
Date: June 21, 2010 12:59PM
be like my boss - watch at work and yell out when bad things happen. banghead smiley

---
Posted by: billb
Date: June 21, 2010 01:04PM
I try to get highlights between the ads I don't focus on on the networks news
golf, american football, baseball, too.
I wish I had time to watch a whole game. maybe when I retire.
Posted by: Buck
Date: June 21, 2010 01:13PM
On the West Coast the first game is at 4:30AM, followed by 7AM and 11:30AM games. That way I can get 1.5-2 games in before work, and my TIVO will catch the rest.
Posted by: davester
Date: June 21, 2010 01:26PM
I only watch a few games live. Mostly I just avoid soccer news during the day and watch a couple of games after dinner. If a game isn't interesting I quickly skip over it to watch something else. I've watched a out 15 full games so far.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 21, 2010 02:45PM
Watched about six or so. Watching on the Hispanic network even though I don't understand most of what the commentators are saying.

But I really LOVE that there are NO commercials during the halves; just continuous play. grinning smiley
Posted by: Z
Date: June 21, 2010 02:45PM
We've got the games on in the lounge area... which is conveniently just outside my office. This has cut somewhat into my productivity.
Posted by: Silencio
Date: June 21, 2010 03:49PM
The first games of the day are a bit too early for me on the west coast. I can wake up in the morning, make some coffee, and sit down to the second match before I start work. The third match starts around lunchtime, and I just pull it up online if I'm interested and kind of half-watch it while I'm working.
Date: June 21, 2010 04:06PM
Silencio
...I just pull it up online if I'm interested and kind of half-watch it while I'm working.

Sure you are. We all know thats what's really going on is that you half-work while you're watching.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 21, 2010 06:42PM
10 pm sportscenter is plenty.

in the end, it doesnt matter how you play the game, all that matters is who wins or loses.

no one cares or can remember who came in second for the last 10 years, but the winners -- sure.

same as all sports. =(

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: June 21, 2010 08:57PM
jdc

in the end, it doesnt matter how you play the game, all that matters is who wins or loses.

no one cares or can remember who came in second for the last 10 years, but the winners -- sure.

same as all sports. =(

If that was all that mattered then I would have absolutely no interest in sports whatsoever. To me, watching the skills and tactics of the players as they perform is the only thing of interest. The scores, statistics, and who won/lost are secondary, if that. Case in point, my favorite game from the world cup so far was the Brazil/New Zealand game. It was a tie.

Posted by: freeradical
Date: June 22, 2010 09:06AM
It's baseball season, and I have the MLB channel on my Roku box.

big grin smiley
Posted by: billb
Date: June 22, 2010 10:12AM
jdc

same as all sports. =(

Bill Buckner, 1986, game 6.

:-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 160
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020