advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPhone 2g upgrade advice
Posted by: d0e
Date: July 21, 2010 10:02PM
seeing how the new white iPhone4 will start to showing up soon i been looking at upgrading.
i currently have the $20 unlimited data + 200 text msg's a month.

i looked on att website and at check out i can get the unlimited data for $30 then have to pay a extra $5 for 200 text msg's. will going to a att store or calling customer service let me keep the unlimited data+200 text?

has anyone gone from the 2g iphone to iphone4?

not looking forward to a extra $15 a month.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPhone 2g upgrade advice
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 21, 2010 10:27PM
I went from the first generation iPhone to the newest one and yes, I am now paying $30/month for unlimited data and $5 a month for 200 text messages (which I had no idea had happened, I really need to pay more attention). I bought my phone at an AT&T store and asked for the equivalent of my old plan: in short, the absolute minimum plan which would include the unlimited data. I don't know of any way around it unless you are willing to give up the unlimited data plan. I checked my use and I would be absolutely fine with the $15 a month plan but can't get myself to do it for some reason. I guess because you can't get it back once you've ditched it is what stops me.

Posted by: sekker
Date: July 21, 2010 10:27PM
check your usage.

You might be able to go to one of the cheaper plans and not miss a beat.

You will love the iPhone 4 - it's MUCH better than the original iPhone in all ways - so long as you use a case!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 21, 2010 10:28PM
I don't use a case and I've had no problems at all.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 21, 2010 10:59PM
Don't forget to sell your iPhone on Craigslist. Unlocked, you should get at least $100 for it.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: July 21, 2010 11:27PM
Here is more upgrade/new rate info than you need

[forums.macresource.com]
Posted by: davester
Date: July 21, 2010 11:50PM
The iPhone 2G plan is a steal, but on the other hand many people hardly use any data so can go with the cheapo plan. Figure out some way to do text messaging another way, through google voice, textfree or whatever. All SMS plans from phone companies are a ripoff, especially AT&T. Best just to not use them at all.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020