advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sprint customer -- best phone for e-mail?
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: May 10, 2006 03:14PM
I may have posted a similar query before, but I'm with Sprint (at least for the next year or so) and would like to get to a point where I can check my e-mail remotely. I use a POP3 account, so I think the Treo would work, and I see them all the time on eBay. Not specifically looking for a Treo, though the QWERTY input would be desirable.

Anyone have any direct experience with this? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just the ability to read and reply to e-mail.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sprint customer -- best phone for e-mail?
Posted by: mick e
Date: May 10, 2006 05:23PM
Treos are okay, the battery life obviously could be better. Get a number of chargers - home car office. The fact that they have the Palm OS which is nice. Figure on losing the stylus right away. mick e never got into the features other than the occasional e-mail, but he can tell you that the camera is pretty craptastic, and the vision-thing allows you to surf the web in a pinch, which was helpful once.

In the end he lost the thing, which has occasion to do and did not feel compelled to replace it in kind, since he really only uses his phone as, well a phone.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Re: Sprint customer -- best phone for e-mail?
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: May 10, 2006 07:00PM
I'm usually the same way -- when shopping phones I was always frustrated because all I wanted was a phone. Period.

See stuff like this: [www.gojitterbug.com] ; I love that. The fact that it's hearing-aid compatible is a big plus.

Still, e-mail capabilities are desirable. I keep waiting and waiting for Apple to come out with the überføn so I can have everything I want in an Apple package (a la [www.applele.com] ), but still no love.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 86
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020