Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
This just in: iPhone is doooomed again *(:>*
Posted by: haikuman
Date: July 23, 2010 04:13AM
Samsung Worthy iPhone Rival

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2010 04:13AM by haikuman.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: This just in: iPhone is doooomed again *(:>*
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 23, 2010 05:05AM
Fun read.. I like how everything is almost, not quite as good as the iPhone.

favorite quotes:

"Neither has all the features of Apple's latest model, like a front-facing camera for video calls or an ultra-high resolution screen, but they are worthy competitors."

"...rounded corners and a prominent border that make it look very much like last year's iPhone 3GS model"

"...almost as thin as the iPhone 4"

"Reception on the AT&T model was about the same as on the iPhone 4"

"screens did look very good, but seemed no better, indoors or outdoors, than the iPhone 4's screen and were slightly less sharp."

"Android still isn't quite as smooth as the iPhone's software"

"the two Samsung models offer around 65,000 third-party apps .... far fewer than the iPhone's 225,000 available apps"

"You can plug the phones into a computer for manual transfer of files, but this only works smoothly on Windows PCs. On Macs, you must turn on something called "USB debugging" to make this work."

So other than the HUGE fact that you don't need AT&T.. what makes these so great?

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Date: July 23, 2010 05:35AM
Very nice review, Ooooooom *(:>*

You just saved a few people some wasted time and $money$

The bar at Apple severs no ETOH but somehow you still get high *(:>*

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish"
Steve Jobs

"There are only two mantras yum and yuk mine is yum "
Bernard Mickey Wrangle<>Tom Robbins<> "Still Life With Woodpecker"

"There is a fine line between a rut and a groove"
G.D. Kittredge III

"

Posted by: sekker
Date: July 23, 2010 07:39AM
Samsung is making some compelling hardware.
If they get the software down before Apple makes iPhones for other cell phone companies, Samsung might just sell more total phones than Apple over the next 3 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2010 07:39AM by sekker.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 23, 2010 01:36PM
90% as good. It better be %50 the price. But the service prices are always the dealmaker
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: July 23, 2010 01:48PM
Those Galaxy phones rival iPhone 4 in other ways too!:

[www.informationweek.com]
"When gripped around the bottom of the phone (with either hand) the signal strength drops almost immediately. The Vibrant went from three bars to zero bars in about five seconds, and the Captivate went from four bars to zero bars in about six seconds. When I let go, the signal returns immediately."

All it takes is a finger:

[www.youtube.com]
Date: July 23, 2010 02:51PM
Article Accelerator
Those Galaxy phones rival iPhone 4 in other ways too!:

[www.informationweek.com]
"When gripped around the bottom of the phone (with either hand) the signal strength drops almost immediately. The Vibrant went from three bars to zero bars in about five seconds, and the Captivate went from four bars to zero bars in about six seconds. When I let go, the signal returns immediately."

All it takes is a finger:

[www.youtube.com]
:fawkdance:thumbs up smiley:fawkdance:
Posted by: decocritter
Date: July 23, 2010 06:44PM
Sometimes slightly better hardware is not worth horrible carrier...results might vary. Not so sure new iPhone is a better hardware right now.

For me, I will take a chance with new hardware, EVO and a carrier that works great for me.

It also depends on which features are important. While I like the iphone design best, it is not enough for me to overlook other things, carrier, and current iphone issues.

My evo seems to be smooth enough, thin enough, enough apps I need, dependable enough, better reception, cheaper than iPhone, designed cool enough and does enough of what I need it to do, compared to what an iphone would or could do for me right now. Actually a bit better for quite a bit less $$$. I need the biggest screen possible so I can see it.

Your results might vary. And things in the tech world will change within a short period of time, for a brand new discussion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020