advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Love my Blackberry. What would I like/dislike about an iPhone? Does anyone carry 2 phones?
Posted by: Buck
Date: July 26, 2010 02:27PM
I have a company issued Verizon Blackberry Tour. Too many (personal) contacts call it, and I would like to separate business from personal. What would I like or dislike if my other phone were an iPhone with AT&T?

I figure in the dislike column:
-AT&T
-carrying 2 phones
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Love my Blackberry. What would I like/dislike about an iPhone? Does anyone carry 2 phones?
Posted by: Catzilla
Date: July 26, 2010 02:58PM
I have a work Blackberry and a personal iPhone. My uniform shirts have two pockets, problem solved.
I guess I am one of the few that doesn't have a problem with AT&T.
Re: Love my Blackberry. What would I like/dislike about an iPhone? Does anyone carry 2 phones?
Posted by: JPK
Date: July 26, 2010 04:01PM
I had an iPhone, but "corporate" made us go to blackberries. I don't like my Blackberry and REALLY miss my iphone. I got the Storm2 thinking it was about as close to an iphone as can be, but I still prefer the iPhone by a lot.

We now use Lotus notes in conjunction with a Blackbery server. I wish someone could write an emulator for an iphone to make a BES thing it was a blackberry.

Two phones is just too much of a hassle.

Good luck.

JPK
Posted by: J-J-
Date: July 26, 2010 04:20PM
why should you assume that iPhone users dislike AT&T?

a few loud vocal asshats don't speak for the rest of us.

as for 2 phones, a couple of my friends each have work-issued Blackberries and personal iPhones.
They are both Crackberry addicts but still elected to get iPhones and do not regret it.
Oh, and they are married. to each other.
The husband managed to get work (big big bank) to accept his use of the iPhone for work just recently. I don't know what he does with the Blackberry now.
Posted by: DP
Date: July 26, 2010 04:25PM
Check out Verizon's smartphone choices. I got an HTC Ozone for free. Very similar to a BB.
I am one of those who couldn't wait to get out of my AT&T contract. Worst customer service in the world; this was a few years ago so maybe they've changed.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 26, 2010 04:26PM
Some carry two phones on different carriers to get complementary coverage.

I am ok with AT&T but sprint has better coverage in my area.

I would hate carrying two devices personally.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: July 26, 2010 04:46PM
I have a work blackberry and a personal iPhone. Wish my company would support the iPhone. I get a lot of attachments that are unreadable on the blackberry. Yes, it will open them but they are virtually unreadable. I forward them to my iPhone to read them. Completely legible. (This was on the 3G. They are even better on the 4).
Posted by: Silencio
Date: July 26, 2010 05:08PM
Good lord, a Storm2 + Lotus Notes + BES. I really, really pity you. That's just horror piled on top of horror right there.

I too wouldn't carry two phones. Just too much hassle.
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: July 26, 2010 05:08PM
Don't have two phones, but some generic good/bad things about my iPhone 3Gs after 7 months of ownership:

Good:
-Apps for everything and most are downright cheap. Apps truly make the iPhone a portable computer.
-Sync via Mobile Me works great and I highly recommend it. My contacts/Calendar and Safari bookmarks were on my iPhone before I even left the AT&T store.
-the screen on my 3Gs is amazing, imho and Apple made sure that it had the best touch interface on the planet. The iPhone 4 should be even better.
-iTunes. Before I got my iPhone, I wasn't into music, now I have hundreds of songs and listen to them on my car stereo. Just something to consider
-there is an entire eco-system of cases, chargers, and mounts and all types of other things just made for the iPhone.

The bad:
-as a phone, it depends on where you are. Most of the time, I have great coverage, except at work. Every call at work goes straight to voicemail.
-Battery life is a consideration. I just make sure it is charged overnight or charged as I drive to work. Also, I have a battery case (from Mono Price) which doubles the battery life, which comes in handy when I use my Golf GPS app.

Bryan
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 26, 2010 06:43PM
why should you assume that iPhone users dislike AT&T?

I don't know that he made that assumption, exactly.

But it's more than a few 'Phoners that hate at&t, and most of them are probably not asshats, having legitimate coverage problems. I bet you'll be hard pressed to find some truly happy at&t users in San Francisco.

I've been fairly fortunate. For most of the regular places where I need the 'Phone, I have no problem. But reception in SF is pretty dodgy and at Macworld most of the time it was nearly impossible.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 133
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020