advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
OK, GWB, HERE is your Clear and Present Danger
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 19, 2006 11:17AM
[news.yahoo.com]
So Leader and God Kim Jong-Il has nuclear weapons AND ICBM's. AND has shown that he's at least two jokers and a pair of jacks short of a full deck.

I'm sorry- THIS is the guy we should all be worried about. He will shortly be able to nuke Seattle, Anchorage, and possibly San Francisco.

He's proven time and again that human life is meaningless, that his word is the only word that means anything to him.

And since we basically killed off SDI, we've still got the following method of dealing with incoming ICBM's.

" Attention citizens. Reach your head up between your knees, and kiss your a$$ goodbye !"

Of course, he's a lot tougher to get to, but y'know, there just doesn't seem to be a worldwide 'glorious leader jihad' movement waiting to bite us. I think Nuke & Pave is the best approach.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK, GWB, HERE is your Clear and Present Danger
Posted by: Pops
Date: May 19, 2006 12:35PM
cbelt3
I think Nuke & Pave is the best approach.

It'll be tough waiting for the wind to blow the right way. There are a lot of friendlies in the area, and we don't want to piss off China, so handling the radiation plume will be critical.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 19, 2006 03:22PM
cbelt3
And since we basically killed off SDI, we've still got the following method of dealing with incoming ICBM's.

" Attention citizens. Reach your head up between your knees, and kiss your a$$ goodbye !"

Without SDI: "You have 30 minutes to make your peace with God."

With SDI: "Sorry, it didn't work. You have 3 minutes to make your peace with God."
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 19, 2006 03:42PM
Lux-
SDI was designed to deal with THOUSANDS of Rooskie ICBM's, with the understanding that a few were going to get in. A half a dozen North Korean ICBM's would get blown away 6 ways from Sunday.

And screw the 'think tanks' who said 'it can't work'. I worked on the project. It would have worked.
Posted by: x-uri
Date: May 19, 2006 05:31PM
I worked on SDI too. The missile shield stuff was science fiction. It was a PR offensive, intended to get the Soviets to spend their resources on strategies to defeat our particle weapons and killer satellites.

And cbelt3, you seem to be confusing cause and effect. If anybody thought that Iraq really had nukes, Saddam would still be in power. It is the fact that the DPRK has a nuclear deterrent that is deterring us from attacking them (that, and the fact that they are a poor in natural resources, with a huge standing army and NO compunction about starting a war with South Korea and Japan). If we did invade, it wouldn't be Seattle that they targeted -- it'd be Tokyo and Okinawa.

And if we managed to defeat the North Korean military and invade the country, not even the nuttiest wingnut in the PNAC would believe that we'd be greeted as liberators, or that that there is anything left of the DPRK economy to pay for the restoration of the country.

If we managed to unseat Kim without somebody getting nuked, then the DPRK would collapse immediately into a failed state.

South Korea would end up absorbing most of the refugees and taking on most of the financial burden of reconstruction and recovery -- unless China got involved in the conflict, in which case we'd just be screwed.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 19, 2006 06:38PM
cbelt3
I worked on the project. It would have worked.

Are you referring to the test case where the "target" missle had a transmitter or something like that for the "interceptor" missle to home in on?

Didn't it still miss?

"It's the last of the V8 interceptors, mate."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 95
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020