advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Bush forgets to take his Thorazine...
Posted by: jonny
Date: June 03, 2006 11:21AM
[www.whitehouse.gov]

I nearly shat myself when I heard this. Can this guy be serious???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2006 11:37AM by jonny.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bush forgets to take his Thorazine...
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 03, 2006 12:17PM
Yes, he is serious. This has been coming for awhile now. It's really scary... eventually, I think the issue will end up being decided in the SC, and given how Dubya has packed the court, it'll get decided in the administration's favor...

You would think that with all the messes the current administration has to clean up, this should not exactly be high on their list...

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2006 12:18PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Kiva
Date: June 03, 2006 12:23PM
i felt ill when I read that this A.M. These people are totally insane...just as hateful as the 'terrorists' they purport to be fighting..just because they don't overtly kill (in the open for everybody to see) doesn't make them any less evil..

sometimes I wonder if the religious right will destroy this country in its entirety..

kiva

----------------------
Posted by: MacMagus
Date: June 03, 2006 01:39PM
"As this debate goes forward, we must remember that every American deserves to be treated with tolerance, respect, and dignity."

...but apparently, not with equal rights under the Constitution.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: June 03, 2006 03:08PM
What better way for the present administration and this whole fscking government to spend it's time after they've continually proven their nearly total incompetence and inability to solve any problem of real importance to the American people?

How many million will this farce cost us in wasted taxpayer $?

JoeM
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 03, 2006 03:36PM
Bush needs to do something to distract people from his 35% approvan rating.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 03, 2006 10:43PM
I don't know the district, but I'm trying to imagine what boomerang effect an ad like this would have in most of the country.

What are the demographics that would cause a candidate to feel free to run this kind of thing?

"Who's more foolish - the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 05, 2006 12:02AM
More proof he forgot his thorazine: [www.badmash.org]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: June 05, 2006 12:11AM
Further proof that Bush is a raging, misguided, self-righteous do-gooder who feels that he knows what is best for everyone everywhere, regardless of how little he knows about them or their situation.
This whole Constitutional Amendment brouhaha reminds me very forcefully of the 18th Amendment which prohibited the sale and transportation of alcohol. We all know how well that turned out. Nothing makes adults want to engage in any activity more than being told they're not allowed to, particularly when said activity is functionally harmless to society as a whole.
If the "Defence of Marriage Act" passes (and I'm sad to say that I suspect it will...there is no shortage of inconsiderate, ignorant, self-righteous do-gooders these days), it will be repealed in a few years and those who voted for it (much like those who voted for the Nazi party in Germany before WWII) will say "I can't imagine what I was thinking".
Until that happens, I'll just bide my time and decide what color the groomsmen's tuxedos should be at MY wedding. I'm leaning towards vivid purple at the moment. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2006 12:13AM by Thrift Store Scott.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 05, 2006 08:16AM
It won't pass. A constitutional amendment needs a 2/3 majority. They don't want it to pass anyway. This is just a carrot to rally the far-to-ultra right wing social conservatives. If that carrot is eaten, then they can't use it again. Plus, who wants to be remembered as voting to amend the constitution to take rights and freedoms away?

Carrots:

1) Flag amendment
2) Gay marriage
3) War on Christianity
4) You will be eaten by wolves
Posted by: incognegro
Date: June 05, 2006 08:54AM
"Marriage is the most enduring and important human institution, honored and encouraged in all cultures and by every religious faith. Ages of experience have taught us that the commitment of a husband and a wife to love and to serve one another promotes the welfare of children and the stability of society. Marriage cannot be cut off from its cultural, religious, and natural roots without weakening this good influence on society. Government, by recognizing and protecting marriage, serves the interests of all."

I'll say it yet again... by "protecting marriage" Bush means they will also outlaw divorce, right? Obviously divorce rates of around 50% in the USA means that marriage needs more protectin' from heteros than from homos.

And by "serves the interests of all" he means "serves the interests of Christians." Let's be honest here.
Posted by: mick e
Date: June 05, 2006 09:08AM
It is the latest divisive no-outcome controversy that is fed to the public by an administration that wants to distract all from the growing debacle overseas.

This should be obvious to all.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Kiva
Date: June 05, 2006 01:34PM
i usually let most of this crap roll off the back....but this one just makes me absolutely ill....I can't believe these people have so much say in this country.

sick...just sick people spouting hate and ignorance...

Any senator or rep that votes for this thing should be removed due to incompetence.

kiva

----------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2006 01:36PM by Kiva.
Posted by: decocritter
Date: June 05, 2006 04:53PM
incognegro
"Marriage is the most enduring and important human institution, honored and encouraged in all cultures and by every religious faith. Ages of experience have taught us that the commitment of a husband and a wife to love and to serve one another promotes the welfare of children and the stability of society. Marriage cannot be cut off from its cultural, religious, and natural roots without weakening this good influence on society. Government, by recognizing and protecting marriage, serves the interests of all."

I'll say it yet again... by "protecting marriage" Bush means they will also outlaw divorce, right? Obviously divorce rates of around 50% in the USA means that marriage needs more protectin' from heteros than from homos.

And by "serves the interests of all" he means "serves the interests of Christians." Let's be honest here.

It is enduring??? LOL

They need to get marriage and divorce into its own court system and change laws governing entering into such an outdated institution. Especially if you do it more than once. It costs taxpayers a fortune.
Posted by: Pops
Date: June 07, 2006 04:53AM
mick e
It is the latest divisive no-outcome controversy that is fed to the public by an administration that wants to distract all from the growing debacle overseas.

This should be obvious to all.

... whose IQ is over 70 or those who prefer to reach their own decisions rather than echo from the "pool pit" the hatred that the Pat Robertsons of this country espouse "in the name of god".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020