AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Bye, Bye Bachmann.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 04, 2012 10:15AM
[www.indecisionforever.com]

January 4 at 10:49AM by Dennis DiClaudio
Michele Bachmann Calls It Quits

It's been just about a year since God got on the horn with Michele Bachmann and told her that He wanted her to run for president.

I guess He was watching the Iowa results roll in last night with the rest of us, because it seems like He called her back this morning to tell her never mind…

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bye, Bye Bachmann.
Posted by: Grace62
Date: January 04, 2012 10:17AM
Truly hoping she loses her congressional seat next year.
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 04, 2012 10:24AM
Does this mean that we've lost our chance at a having our first female president this election?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 04, 2012 10:27AM
Think you'll see her in a Veep slot ? Vis Palin ?

"Today I have selected Ms. Bachmann as my running mate. I hope to attract the fundamentalist bat guano crazy voters as well."
Posted by: dad@home
Date: January 04, 2012 10:31AM
GGD
Does this mean that we've lost our chance at a having our first female president this election?

Losing a chance for a female president next year implies that there was any chance at all that Bachmann or Palin could be elected.

Always zero, zip........ not gonna happen.

dad
Date: January 04, 2012 10:33AM
The Tea Party is over.

That didn't take long.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: January 04, 2012 10:34AM
Jon Stewart had a good gag a few months ago saying that, since three of the candidates said God called for them to run, he had to be f@#kin' with two of them. jest smiley
Posted by: mick e
Date: January 04, 2012 10:40AM
It looks like the clowns are climbing back into the car. Rick Perry is headed back to Teckshish.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: maco
Date: January 04, 2012 10:42AM
A Compilation Of Michele Bachmann's Most Famous Quotes

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Ammo
Date: January 04, 2012 10:45AM
I think her eventual lack of appeal came from the fact that she really didn't have a lot to say after trying to frighten voters over big government, particularly "Obamacare." Scare tactics are effective only in the short run (hence her appeal early in the campaighn), and voters began to recognize that her approach was shallow and negative.

I dislike politicians who adopt scare tactics - I think they cause the country more harm than good by appealing to emotions rather than reason. A decision as important as deciding who will be President should be based on sober, rational analysis, not emotion.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: Ammo
Date: January 04, 2012 10:47AM
dad@home
GGD

Losing a chance for a female president next year implies that there was any chance at all that Bachmann or Palin could be elected.

Always zero, zip........ not gonna happen.

dad

That's what people thought about the chances of electing a black president. smile smiley

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Date: January 04, 2012 10:55AM
Ammo, it's not that she's female. It's that she represents a way out there constituency. Obama won because he was centrist.

Race and gender has less to do with it than alignment with the majority of the electorate. Admittedly some of the electorate use that as a factor, but I think (and hope) that it's becoming less and less the case.
Date: January 04, 2012 11:07AM
Hillary would have won against John McCain - probably by a greater margin than Obama.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Date: January 04, 2012 11:16AM
mick- I don't think so. A lot of RINOs voted for Obama that were not willing to vote for Hillary. But... we'd have to look into an alternate universe to find out. And then... planet of the Hamsters ?
Date: January 04, 2012 11:40AM
The polling numbers indicated that Hillary was the stronger candidate in the general election. Thats why there was such a pantytwist in the primary - demopundits were afraid that they were sitting Michael Jordan on the bench and giving the ball to Steve Kerr instead.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 04, 2012 11:55AM
cbelt3
mick- I don't think so. A lot of RINOs voted for Obama that were not willing to vote for Hillary. But... we'd have to look into an alternate universe to find out. And then... planet of the Hamsters ?

If you are saying that Obama beating McCain was something H. Clinton wouldn't have done, then I have to agree with mick e. She would have done probably about the same against McCain as Obama did. But I think that she would also have won handily basically illustrates the point you made when you said:

Ammo, it's not that she's female. It's that she represents a way out there constituency. Obama won because he was centrist.

Race and gender has less to do with it than alignment with the majority of the electorate. Admittedly some of the electorate use that as a factor, but I think (and hope) that it's becoming less and less the case.

McCain getting beat had much less to do with gender or race than it did about Obama or Clinton being basically centrist and where the mentality of the electorate collectively was at the time of the election. Bachmann failing as a presidential candidate had little to nothing to do with her gender and everything to do with her being an obvious flake - the same thing that happened to Rick Perry.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 04, 2012 11:57AM
Called it. tongue sticking out smiley Now she can join the "League of Anti-Mitts" for the remainder of the season.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: decay
Date: January 04, 2012 12:31PM
i would like to see a strong, intelligent, non-kookbiscuit female president.

keep trying, Repubs.

---
Posted by: beagledave
Date: January 04, 2012 01:08PM
Well another kookbiscuit decided to jump back IN

== rubs hands gleefully ==
Date: January 04, 2012 01:11PM
i'll just leave this here...

Bachmann Perry Overdrive

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2012 01:12PM by decay.
Date: January 04, 2012 01:16PM
beagledave
Well another kookbiscuit decided to jump back IN

== rubs hands gleefully ==

Uh-huh. Somebody cut a deal with Mitt Romney last night, or at least with some of those donors who want either Romney or Perry. Those two kind of share the same donor base. (Wall Street, the Bushes, etc.)
If Perry were serious he'd try to run in NH, which he's skipping. Santorum could potentially do really well in South Carolina, possibly even win, but not if Perry is in the game to siphon off votes.
Gingrich is going to bat for Santorum, and Perry for Romney.
Anything less than a big win in NH looks bad for Romney.

Dog fight!
Date: January 04, 2012 01:31PM
So.. they're pairing up as running mates ?
Date: January 04, 2012 01:35PM
cbelt3
So.. they're pairing up as running mates ?

No, not at all. But it's clear now who has a shot and who does not, and who can be a spoiler. Santorum and Paul can do the latter, so Mitt needs to fight them however he can.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 04, 2012 02:47PM
One more radar lover gone.
Date: January 05, 2012 12:18PM
One more gaydar lover gone.
Date: January 05, 2012 10:18PM
[www.theonion.com]

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 06, 2012 06:27AM
decay

If anyone lacks gaydar, it's Ms. Bachmann.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 06, 2012 09:08AM
Lux Interior
decay

If anyone lacks gaydar, it's Ms. Bachmann.
Ha!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020