advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Ohmigod! Bush said a bad word!
Posted by: Greg the dogsitter
Date: July 17, 2006 12:43PM
The sentiment is interesting, but it's the naughty word that brings this to the headlines!?

Top of CNN.com, at the moment.

GtDS

---
Use Excel? Can I interest you in saving some time with Excel? Listifier.com!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ohmigod! Bush said a bad word!
Posted by: Kiva
Date: July 17, 2006 12:50PM
who the freaking heck cares..so what...they should be focusing on his complete mess of a presidency, not his use of a word that 99% of all people above the age of 5 use regularly..

yawn..

kiva

----------------------
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 17, 2006 12:54PM
Ehhh.

As much as I hate Shrub, I could really care less about that. It's not the profanities that come out of his mouth that are the problem, it's all the other stuff...

At the same time, in a public space, obviously he could act in a more dignified manner... he is, after all, supposedly the head of the free world.

And didn't Barbara teach him not to chew with his mouth open? What's up with that? Ugh, disgusting! grinning smiley

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: MacGurl
Date: July 17, 2006 02:57PM
Actually - I'm GLAD to hear his swear, makes him *seem* at least a little bit human.

Kathy

Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: July 17, 2006 03:22PM
Must be VERY slow news day.

Strength without compassion is brutality. Compassion without strength is weakness.

We must train our minds to desire what the situation demands.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 17, 2006 04:19PM
I'm just surprised he was able to articulate as well as he did. I agree with MacGurl, the @#$%& thing makes him seem a little more human for once.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2006 04:19PM by $tevie.
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: July 17, 2006 04:22PM
Finally, he says something with which I agree.

Frankly, I would appreciate our public servants more if they spoke candidly all the time.

Like Clinton could have said, "Yeah, the b**ch s***ed my c***, and it was damn good. And, by the way, do you think I get that kinda service from Hillary? Hells no."
Instead we get, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman," or "I didn't inhale," instead of "Damn right, I gets high, foo! 420 fo' life!"

I am not Ryan Seacrest, and I do not approve this message.
Posted by: incognegro
Date: July 17, 2006 08:25PM
I am surprised he pronounced it correctly.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 17, 2006 08:38PM
This clown is our face to the world; it's embarrassing.

"Who's more foolish - the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: July 17, 2006 09:14PM
Has anyone alerted the FCC? Maybe someone can get a fine.
Date: July 17, 2006 09:21PM
RgrF
This clown is our face to the world; it's embarrassing.

True, but the sad part is that, had this been Chirac saying "merde", we would all be calling him a good Frenchman. Or at least respecting him.

Posted by: bfd
Date: July 17, 2006 09:37PM
the_poochies
Has anyone alerted the FCC? Maybe someone can get a fine.

Indeed … currently a $325,000 fine (or soon to be…)
Posted by: h'
Date: July 17, 2006 09:55PM

British Prime Minister
Tony Blair and Annan called for sending international forces to southern Lebanon, and the United States said it did not oppose the idea.

But
President Bush also suggested, in a moment of unscripted frank discussion caught on tape, that Annan simply call the president of Syria, another Hezbollah backer, to "make something happen."

Speaking with Blair privately before the G-8 leaders began their final lunch in St. Petersburg, Russia, Bush swore about Hezbollah's border raids and rockets.

"See, the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this s--- and it's over," Bush said.

If this is a "real" quip and the whole thing wasn't staged, I'm amazed that none of you see the significance of it beyond the profanity-- a piece of insight into what we may be planning next, or at least what element of that plan GWB's been trusted with, and how deep his personal understanding of the players in themideast may be.
Posted by: mick e
Date: July 17, 2006 10:04PM
Yeah it's interesting that WHAT HE SAID has apparently just whooshed over everyone's heads. The word @#$%& was probably the least significant thing to come out of his mouth in that sequence, well other than half a dinner roll.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Date: July 17, 2006 10:24PM
h' and mick e, I definitely caught it. I just suspect that the majority of others did not.

Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: July 17, 2006 10:57PM
Grown-up say things like that all the time. I was more disturbed by the fact he chews with his mouth open.

Posted by: davester
Date: July 18, 2006 10:10AM
He still doesn't come close to Dick Cheney's mastery of "naughty" words.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: mick e
Date: July 18, 2006 10:26AM
[onegoodmove.org]

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Silencio
Date: July 18, 2006 01:00PM
OTOH, the British press is having a field day because GWB prefaced his comment by addressing the Prime Minister as "Hey Blair", which is being interpreted as a sign of how much of a lapdog Blair is for the US administration.

"I thought you were going to ask me about the pig." -- Our President.
Posted by: Greg the dogsitter
Date: July 18, 2006 01:11PM
h'
If this is a "real" quip and the whole thing wasn't staged, I'm amazed that none of you see the significance of it beyond the profanity-- a piece of insight into what we may be planning next, or at least what element of that plan GWB's been trusted with, and how deep his personal understanding of the players in themideast may be.

I'll admit to not catching that; had to have more astute (astuter!) minds point it out.
Posted by: kap
Date: July 27, 2006 08:00PM
Kiva
who the freaking heck cares..so what...they should be focusing on his complete mess of a presidency, not his use of a word that 99% of all people above the age of 5 use regularly..

yawn..

kiva

Try 4 year olds. The pre-Ks at my daycare job are well-versed in other four lettered words as well. Surprised? Just listen to how their parents talk.

Kap

SoCal for now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 152
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020