advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
How come everything still runs with 15 million people out of work?
Posted by: Avenger
Date: July 09, 2012 10:02PM
Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Everything works. Trains run, planes fly and stores are open. It is almost like we don't need them. Moreover, they are doing just fine apparently with no work. I see no starvations, no riots, no one is on the streets, and I doubt any of them have lost their cellphones, cars or HDTVs. If I was Obama I would just call this the new normal and be done with it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How come everything still runs with 15 million people out of work?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 09, 2012 10:12PM
you expect they're all from the same industry?

Posted by: p8712
Date: July 09, 2012 10:21PM
Why is there enough food to eat when only a small percentage of the population are farmers?

starvations, no riots, no one is on the streets,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2012 10:23PM by p8712.
Posted by: billb
Date: July 09, 2012 10:33PM
Avenger
I see no starvations,.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Date: July 09, 2012 11:01PM
>>you expect they're all from the same industry?<<

Doesn't matter. They seem not to be needed. Yet. I will tell you where I am going with this.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 09, 2012 11:46PM
Avenger
I will tell you where I am going with this.

No, I will tell you where you're going with this. You've posted another bunch of lies. Where you're going with this is trolling. Once again you will prove to have no luck in you're fishing expedition.
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: July 10, 2012 07:00AM
Avenger
I see no starvations, no riots, no one is on the streets...

Have you looked?

[www.ers.usda.gov]
Posted by: Black
Date: July 10, 2012 07:06AM
Avenger
I will tell you where I am going with this.

No need. Clearly you've decided Obama is doing a pretty good job after all.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Date: July 10, 2012 07:50AM
>>Have you looked?<<

Yes but no food riots. We seem to be settling down in a comfy position. Sideline 15 million people that seem to be going on with their normal lives. Proof: Obama is even or ahead in polls.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 10, 2012 07:51AM
I could post some intelligent commentary about increased automation, businesses 'rightsizing' and 'doing more with less', as well as workers being asked to increase their productivity.

But I'm not going to bother. Seriously, dude. Establish an intelligent dialogue here. Your original thesis could have been couched as follows:

"With the economy moving along and over 15 million Americans still out of work, what can be done to put them back to work ? I have yet to hear a coherent plan from the Obama campaign for this. Can we discuss the potential for getting the now chronically unemployed back to work ? "
Date: July 10, 2012 08:12AM
I write my threads, you write yours.
Date: July 10, 2012 08:14AM
Just trying to help. We're badly outnumbered, and I'm trying to raise the bar a bit.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: July 10, 2012 08:22AM
cbelt3, you may call yourself, and actually be a conservative, but you are far to the left of Avenger, samintx, Swampy and a few others here. A conservative-leaning moderate might be a better description.
Date: July 10, 2012 08:26AM
Sam, of course. I consider myself a true conservative. Not one of these johhny come lately neocon nimrods.

Conservation is the key. It's a Connecticut Yankee thing. Helps if you spent time on a farm and out in the wilderness.. then you understand how the world actually works. City folk don't understand cycles and supply and demand. They think the infrastructure that they depend on for everything is 'their right' and just magically appeared.
Date: July 10, 2012 08:37AM
>>City folk don't understand cycles and supply and demand. They think the infrastructure that they depend on for everything is 'their right' and just magically appeared.

nuts smiley

Posted by: billb
Date: July 10, 2012 08:53AM

there's an awful lot of closed stores around here.

Mom and pops hit hard especially. Two of my favorite non-chain restaurants are gone.

I suppose if you only frequent Walmart you wouldn't notice.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Date: July 10, 2012 09:11AM
Someone(Belty?) make a case that their lives have suffered because 15 million people are out of work. What can't you do now that you could before? If the answer is nothing, then what were these people doing before?
Posted by: Black
Date: July 10, 2012 09:30AM
mattkime
nuts smiley
agree smiley

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: decay
Date: July 10, 2012 09:33AM
planes might not crash as often if they were inspected and maintained properly.

that would involve hiring some workers.

---
Date: July 10, 2012 10:09AM
Avenger
Someone(Belty?) make a case that their lives have suffered because 15 million people are out of work. What can't you do now that you could before? If the answer is nothing, then what were these people doing before?

dakotanomics!

Posted by: Manlove
Date: July 10, 2012 11:58AM
Sam3
cbelt3, you may call yourself, and actually be a conservative, but you are far to the left of Avenger, samintx, Swampy and a few others here. A conservative-leaning moderate might be a better description.

Dare I say a rational man with a few unfortunate conservative tendencies!
(I dared)
"Conservation is the key. It's a Connecticut Yankee thing. Helps if you spent time on a farm and out in the wilderness.. then you understand how the world actually works."
Yes, the future to some extent is uncertain. We know there will be seasonal fluctuations, but we don't know if there will be hurricanes or widespread drought (although apparently the seasonal fluctuations are ...fluctuating more it seems). Because of our uncertainty, we hold something back. We keep it from the common trust. It becomes 'ours' not 'theirs' and we will defend it from the commoners who have no right to 'take' it from us.
There comes a time though, when we who aren't working on the farms still feel that we need to defend something from the common trust but have forgotten quite what it was.
The cry goes up, "I earned that money and I'm damned if I'm going to share it with you" via taxation. "It's mine. I won't benefit from your child being ...(fill in the blank) (I suggest - well fed, properly educated, with full health care), therefore I don't want to pay tax for them."
In a Neanderthal world where might is right and defending what's yours is all there is, I agree 100% with being of a conservative bent, but we don't live in that world, or at least, we can choose not to.

Obviously this is not me trying to put words into your mouth, but it feels somehow right for the majority. Please elucidate upon the Connecticut Yankee thing, for someone without a degree in American history. Thanks.
Date: July 10, 2012 12:11PM
cbelt3
Sam, of course. I consider myself a true conservative. Not one of these johhny come lately neocon nimrods.

Conservation is the key. It's a Connecticut Yankee thing. Helps if you spent time on a farm and out in the wilderness.. then you understand how the world actually works. City folk don't understand cycles and supply and demand. They think the infrastructure that they depend on for everything is 'their right' and just magically appeared.

Bingo!
Posted by: swampy
Date: July 10, 2012 12:58PM
cbelt3

patriot smiley

If you don't stand for something, you'll probably fall for anything.t
Date: July 10, 2012 01:07PM
"Bingo" and an American flag waving are not elucidations!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 10, 2012 01:26PM
WTF with the "city" nonsense? I'd love to watch these oh-so-wise farmers running their businesses without the tractors and combines and fuel and computers and trucks and electricity and irrigation systems and corn pickers and pesticides and herbicides and banks and refrigerators and supermarkets and clothing which are the fruits of urban and suburban companies and employees. It's as if the farmers think that entire infrastructure is "their right" and just magically appeared!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2012 01:27PM by $tevie.
Date: July 10, 2012 01:35PM
ml-

Well, I worked on my grandfather's farm in Connecticut. And it's a reference to the Mark Twain book. Connecticut Yankees are purported to be reserved, creative, and matter of fact. The ones I knew are somewhat like that.

I was also raised a Roman Catholic. Now at the time a Catholic was taught to help others, feed the hungry, clothe and shelter the poor. It's still the case, but the Catholics you hear about in the press are the ones who abuse children, pester politicians, and generally act in a highly un-Christian manner.

So how does a classic Catholic Conservative Conservationist handle today's politics ?

Mostly, we barf smiley

$tevie-
Farmers pay through the nose for those things. They know what they cost down to the penny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2012 01:35PM by cbelt3.
Posted by: August West
Date: July 10, 2012 01:41PM

They know what they cost down to the penny.

Along with all the agricultural subsidies that are out there.
Date: July 10, 2012 01:48PM
I lived on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in a county of 16,000 people and the "farmer kids" in my class were no more enlightened about life than those of us who lived in town.

Date: July 10, 2012 01:54PM
"So how does a classic Catholic Conservative Conservationist handle today's politics ?

Mostly, we barf smiley"

eye twitch smiley

Thanks. You are a reasonable man. Still conservative, but ...
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 10, 2012 02:51PM
August West

They know what they cost down to the penny.

Along with all the agricultural subsidies that are out there.

That doesn't count! Farmers are real americans - they earned their handout!

Posted by: vision63
Date: July 10, 2012 02:58PM
I got mine, screw everybody else. They shouldn't be so stupid. If everything works for me and mine, then it all works just fine. Good fortune, happenstance and luck had nothing to do with my great success. Hard work, superior intellect and solid moral fortitude formed the ground floor launching pad to my glory.

This is the truth and the way. Too many "others" want to simply jump the gun and skip all of the crucial steps that builds lasting success. This is why they disgust me (they know who they are). I'm brilliant.
Date: July 10, 2012 03:06PM
>>I got mine, screw everybody else<<

You are probably one of those who rolls up his window and looks the other way as the panhandler approaches at traffic light. Here, you can of course grandstand all day since nobody knowns "vision63".
Date: July 10, 2012 03:13PM
Funny, that's what explains your whole existence here. Why else would someone join a Mac forum to do almost nothing but troll political topics?
Date: July 10, 2012 03:29PM
Carnos Jax
Funny, that's what explains your whole existence here. Why else would someone join a Mac forum to do almost nothing but troll political topics?
Not to mention that he begged to be allowed back in here.

Posted by: August West
Date: July 10, 2012 03:41PM

Why else would someone join a Mac forum to do almost nothing but troll political topics?

Pathetic.
Date: July 10, 2012 03:46PM
$tevie
Carnos Jax

And you still can't stay away from me. How many posts do you have in this thread?
Date: July 10, 2012 03:59PM
Once again, you make irrelevant arguments and instead resort to school yard level 'come backs'.
Date: July 10, 2012 04:24PM
Avenger
$tevie
Carnos Jax

And you still can't stay away from me. How many posts do you have in this thread?

Three. Two that were addressing cbelt and one mocking you.

Now four! Four posts on this thread!

Date: July 10, 2012 04:39PM
vision63
I got mine, screw everybody else. They shouldn't be so stupid. If everything works for me and mine, then it all works just fine. Good fortune, happenstance and luck had nothing to do with my great success. Hard work, superior intellect and solid moral fortitude formed the ground floor launching pad to my glory.

This is the truth and the way. Too many "others" want to simply jump the gun and skip all of the crucial steps that builds lasting success. This is why they disgust me (they know who they are). I'm brilliant.

From the little I've seen, this is perfect satire. Avenger, you really do portray yourself like this. Of course, you can't see it, but that's why it is so good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2012 04:40PM by Manlove.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 10, 2012 07:46PM
Seriously, Dakota gets an ego boost because we post in "his" thread. He obsesses over his thread count and feels especially proud when he snares us in one of his juvenile threads. The classic signs of a troll and a loser.
Date: July 10, 2012 08:50PM
I hope he's thankful to be at a forum where his immature idiosyncrasies are permitted to blossom. I know I'm thankful to be allowed to nip those blooms in the bud.
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 10, 2012 09:09PM
Carnos Jax
I hope he's thankful to be at a forum where his immature idiosyncrasies are permitted to blossom. I know I'm thankful to be allowed to nip those blooms in the bud.

Avenger/Dakota is not stupid.
Date: July 10, 2012 09:36PM
>>Now four! Four posts on this thread!<<

That is four more than you should have. Now seriously, did you HAVE to pick on me then complain? Just make your point and go on. If you don't like the subject of the thread, stay away.
Posted by: Spock
Date: July 10, 2012 09:39PM
vision63
Carnos Jax

Avenger/Dakota is not stupid.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Date: July 10, 2012 09:42PM
Avenger
>>Now four! Four posts on this thread!<<

That is four more than you should have. Now seriously, did you HAVE to pick on me then complain? Just make your point and go on. If you don't like the subject of the thread, stay away.

You don't have the right to post whatever you want and expect people to not criticize it. And considering most of your posts are belligerent and/or trollish in nature, you have no right to complain when people make fun of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2012 09:44PM by Carnos Jax.
Date: July 10, 2012 09:45PM
She is not criticizing my posts. she is b#$*g about ME.
Date: July 10, 2012 11:05PM
Oh, get over yourself, Dakota. You love it. It's like your life blood.

Date: July 11, 2012 02:01AM
PS: you made a conscious decision to be the forum troll. You have to expect that you are going to be treated as such. You reap what you sow.

Date: July 11, 2012 08:27AM
Bring it on.
Date: July 11, 2012 09:50AM
Yet you complain...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020