advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I know presidents age faster once in office, but have you seen Hillary Clinton recently?
Posted by: hal
Date: July 14, 2012 12:58PM
Billb will of course take the opportunity to post Drudgeworthy Hilary pics he loves so much...

but take a look at the gal...

Here at the 2008 convention:

and here this week in Egypt:

Not even 4 years and she looks 10-15 years older...

Damn, but she's done a good job of sec state.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I know presidents age faster once in office, but have you seen Hillary Clinton recently?
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: July 14, 2012 01:03PM
hal

She's done a good job on foreign policy, but she's mismanaged the State Department.

We need a big foreign-service overhaul to get them out of the 1950s cold-war pseudo-military us-against-them mentality that still pervades the entire structure from the lowest to the highest offices.

BTW: Odd subject-line. She's not the president.

(She's first in the line of succession in the cabinet, but that's not nearly the same thing.)
Re: I know presidents age faster once in office, but have you seen Hillary Clinton recently?
Posted by: Pops
Date: July 14, 2012 01:04PM
She's needed liposuction on those cheeks for at least 10 years.
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 14, 2012 01:04PM
She could look just as good now, but since she's not running for office she doesn't have to. All politicians running for office dump a lot of $$$$ into their looks.

In before John Edwards or Bill Clinton's haircuts come up.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 14, 2012 01:10PM
“I feel so relieved to be at the stage I’m at in my life right now, Jill, because if I want to wear my glasses, I’m wearing my glasses,” said Clinton. “If I want to pull my hair back, I’m pulling my hair back.”

You go girl! You're beautiful.
Posted by: Avenger
Date: July 14, 2012 01:37PM
This question was first asked by Rush, and that was back in 2007.

Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 14, 2012 01:38PM
Chakravartin

(She's first in the line of succession in the cabinet, but that's not nearly the same thing.)

i think he was implying I know presidents age faster once in office but i didn't know it happened to secretaries of state also. have you seen Hillary Clinton recently?

i got what he meant from the original version.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: July 14, 2012 01:42PM
Hey, why can't I get benefit of the doubt like that?
Posted by: Black
Date: July 14, 2012 01:46PM
graylocks
Chakravartin

i think he was implying I know presidents age faster once in office but i didn't know it happened to secretaries of state also. have you seen Hillary Clinton recently?

i got what he meant from the original version.

I honestly don't understand why the subject line needs explaining... someone's having a bad day.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: billb
Date: July 14, 2012 01:48PM

Patty Duke is just 10 months older.

Hillary's doing OK.
She gained forty or fifty pounds and she's not as tall as she looks so maybe she's taking some of it back off. It ain't easy over fifty sometimes.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 14, 2012 01:48PM
p8712
She could look just as good now, but since she's not running for office she doesn't have to. All politicians running for office dump a lot of $$$$ into their looks.

In before John Edwards or Bill Clinton's haircuts come up.

Maybe not just as good, but better. These two images are closer in time...

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 14, 2012 02:20PM
I knew two people who worked in the governor's office in Arkansas for several governors. Both had high marks for Hillary when Bill was governor. They said she could be abrasive, but she was deeply concerned about people and very effective at getting things done on their behalf.

Worst person? Mike Huckabee's awful wife, "Jethrine".
Posted by: Pam
Date: July 14, 2012 03:19PM
Fatigue, bad lighting, no recent trips for facial peels or botox.... Honestly though. She's what 65? Yeesh. And people wonder why women are so sensitive about aging.
Posted by: Manlove
Date: July 14, 2012 06:33PM
I could show you photos of me taken from a few years ago that make me look older than I do now. Angles, lighting, attitude can all add pounds and years.

She looks fine. As does Palin. But that's no reason to vote for either of them for anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 06:33PM by Manlove.
Posted by: mick e
Date: July 15, 2012 08:49AM
People age. It happens over time.

At that age, it tends to be more noticeable - especially with public figures who established a "brand" long ago.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 15, 2012 05:54PM
Now that it's too late, it occurs to me that we never looked at the male half of this couple.

Posted by: hal
Date: July 15, 2012 06:06PM
I didn't intend this to be a 'look how OLD and ugly Hillary is' thread, but how much she has changed in 4 years...

I don't see that Bill has changed all that much in the last 4 years...
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 15, 2012 06:49PM
I dunno, I think he's wrinkled up pretty good his own self. It's just that men are considered sophisticated when they wrinkle.

Date: July 15, 2012 08:02PM
You'll have less to whine about next week as She'll be looking less like the wicked witch of the west with the free egyptian tomato and egg facials.
Date: July 16, 2012 08:47AM
Monica ! Monica!
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 16, 2012 08:58AM
Date: July 16, 2012 11:21AM
Yup, she got the shoes, too.

Must be right wing conspiracy shoes
Date: July 16, 2012 12:05PM
Sure she did Bill...
Date: July 16, 2012 12:10PM
not 100% sure, as I wasn't there and didn't see it with my own eyes, but video and stories of it aren't hard to find

if you want to
Like Ripley's : believe it, or not

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Date: July 16, 2012 02:20PM
What ever makes u happy Bill...
Date: July 16, 2012 02:48PM
Shoes are expensive over there. They must be really mad.
Date: July 16, 2012 08:17PM
They've got you fooled...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 17, 2012 06:17AM
Chakravartin
hal

She's done a good job on foreign policy, but she's mismanaged the State Department.

We need a big foreign-service overhaul to get them out of the 1950s cold-war pseudo-military us-against-them mentality that still pervades the entire structure from the lowest to the highest offices.

Appointed Neocons were placed in civil service positions at the end of President Bush's term. Hard to dump them.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 86
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020