advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Akin: It's the "liberal media" who are trying to force him out.
Posted by: beagledave
Date: August 21, 2012 08:34PM
[twitter.com]

==> Grabs popcorn and a beer <==

Giddy up! TODD AKIN IS AWESOME!!!!!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Akin: It's the "liberal media" who are trying to force him out.
Posted by: Avenger
Date: August 21, 2012 08:52PM
If Ted Kennedy could get elected and reelected with his sterling reputation with women, I am sure Akin has a chance too.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 21, 2012 08:52PM
Give him a mic at the convention.
Posted by: beagledave
Date: August 21, 2012 09:06PM
Avenger
If Ted Kennedy could get elected and reelected with his sterling reputation with women, I am sure Akin has a chance too.

Awwww...reaching back to a politician who's been dead for three years. That's not your best work.

C'mon, you can do better. I just know it!!
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 21, 2012 09:10PM
Nice.

At least Ted Kennedy was having consenusal sex.
Posted by: billb
Date: August 21, 2012 09:54PM
p8712
Nice.

At least Ted Kennedy was having consenusal sex.

Those traditional Easter Weekends in the Palm Beach Retreat were GREAT FUN weren't they ?

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 21, 2012 10:28PM
He is not running in your districts. He is running in his. Those voters will decide.

However, it's nice to know that Gov. Romney is also a tool of the liberal media conspiracy.

Akin is so... Weird!! And wrong.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: August 21, 2012 10:39PM
I do find it strange that much of the Republican Party still needs to be taught how the sperm meets the egg.
Posted by: Spock
Date: August 21, 2012 10:45PM
Ca Bob
I do find it strange that much of the Republican Party still needs to be taught how the sperm meets the egg.

This should make their heads spin.

[www.tgdaily.com]

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Date: August 21, 2012 11:03PM
A guy says out loud what the Official Republican Policy is and they try to shut him up.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 22, 2012 02:34AM
If Mitt had any sort of salable policies, we'd be talking about them. His people have pretty much said he won't, he'll tell us later what he intends to do and in the meantime he'll slam Obama with an awesome and overwhelming expenditure of special interest money.

That expenditure combined with a well planned GOP initiative to suppress the vote, will make this an election unlike anything we have previously experienced or know what to do with.
Date: August 22, 2012 07:44AM
beagledave
Avenger

Awwww...reaching back to a politician who's been dead for three years. That's not your best work.

C'mon, you can do better. I just know it!!

Well, the one who was actually accused of rape, not talk about it, is giving the keynote speech. He looks alive to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2012 07:45AM by Avenger.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 22, 2012 08:10AM
I never knew the "liberal media" consisted of FOX news anchors and the Republican leadership. Mittens was in Florida and gave an interview where he said he would vote for a personhood amendment, like Prop 26 that eventually failed in Mississippi, the most Republican and most conservative state in the country. How is Mittens platform/war-on-women that different from what Akin said? Do we trust what he has most recently said, or that he said he was going to be the left of Ted Kennedy back during his failed bid for Congress? He said trust me with respect to his tax returns back then and was totally lying.

Picking Ryan for V.P. is something that technically should gain him support for the party base but Ryan's record on women's issues is almost identical to Akin. The last time a conservative Republican House member was picked for V.P. to appeal to the base, Goldwater lost big.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: August 22, 2012 09:01AM
How come women have so many "issues"?
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: August 22, 2012 09:50AM
He has it backwards. The liberals are trying to keep him in.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 22, 2012 10:08AM
Gutenberg

Bingo.
Date: August 22, 2012 10:17AM
"Paul Ryan, who teamed up with Akin in the House to sponsor harsh anti-abortion bills, may look young and hip and new generation, with his iPod full of heavy metal jams and his cute kids. But he’s just a fresh face on a Taliban creed — the evermore antediluvian, anti-women, anti-immigrant, anti-gay conservative core. Amiable in khakis and polo shirts, Ryan is the perfect modern leader to rally medieval Republicans who believe that Adam and Eve cavorted with dinosaurs."

[www.nytimes.com]
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 22, 2012 10:18AM
Now THAT is the liberal media... the Grey Lady...
Date: August 22, 2012 10:21AM
That's just an opinion columnist, Maureen Dowd, not an editorial.
Did you read it?
Thoughts?
Date: August 22, 2012 10:25AM
Lemon Drop
Gutenberg

Bingo.

Although even if he drops out belatedly, meaning another challenger would have an uphill battle to catch up in the race (Sarah Palin suggests a third party challenger), the GOP has now enshrined Akin's philosophy on women into their party platform, and also put a like-minded politician on their ticket, Paul Ryan. Ryan may have taken those positions out of political opportunism, maybe it's not what he really thinks, but his name is on the bills. Akin is just a symbol of what the party has been doing nationwide.
They can't win without women voters. This is a strange course of action.
Date: August 22, 2012 10:27AM
I don't think the liberal media wants him "out" at all.
They'll be hanging on his every word
Sure beats writing about the economy and failed domestic policies.

The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 22, 2012 10:37AM

GOP Approves ‘Most Conservative Platform In Modern History’

A week from the 2012 Republican National Convention, Republican committee members spent Tuesday articulating and affirming the principles they stand for in a draft of the official party platform. Led by Gov. Bob McDonnell (R-VA) and featuring other Tea Party stars like Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach and Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), the committee approved a draft of the platform McDonnell said “will reflect the heart and soul of the Republican Party” and one committee member called “the most conservative platform in modern history.”

• NO ABORTION IN CASES OF RAPE OR INCEST
• SALUTE TO MANDATORY ULTRASOUNDS
• NO LEGAL RECOGNITION OF SAME-SEX COUPLES”
• REPLICATE ARIZONA-STYLE IMMIGRATION LAWS
• AUDIT THE FED.
• NO WOMEN IN COMBAT.
• NO STATEHOOD, MORE GUNS FOR WASHINGTON DC.
• NO NEW TAXES, EXCEPT FOR WAR.

Date: August 22, 2012 10:43AM
billb

Why isn't Romney ahead? With all these "failed policies" shouldn't he be polling to win by a landslide by now?
Date: August 22, 2012 10:47AM
The Republicans are blowing it with all the anti-gay, anti-women, anti-Medicare, anti-everything that has sent them spiraling off message, leaving the economy over in the corner as an also-ran issue. That is not the liberal media's fault. The members of the GOP are insisting on this non-stop blitz against reproductive health and they can't blame the media for reporting it. Thank God the media does report it. It's incredibly important to know what these people are trying to do to women.

Posted by: john dough
Date: August 22, 2012 10:52AM
Lemon Drop
billb

Why isn't Romney ahead? With all these "failed policies" shouldn't he be polling to win by a landslide by now?

Yes, billb, why is that? If Obama is so bad, why is your candidate so far behind in the polls?

The reality is that no matter how many of Republicans do not like Obama, there are more people nationally that do not like Romney.
Date: August 22, 2012 11:01AM
Lemon Drop
billb

Pick a poll.

By now a third party candidate should be "landslide" polling .

[soundcloud.com]
Date: August 22, 2012 11:01AM
WARNING: very strong language. Appropriately strong but not workplace appropriate.

Since around 2pm on Monday, I've felt like a contestant on a sadistic Japanese game show, donning an American flag bikini and a blindfold, covered in glue and standing in a phone booth, trying to catch dollar bills with my flailing arms as an industrial strength blower propels cash around me at high speeds. But instead of cash, I'm trying to process and react to a veritable blizzard of ignorant, rape-related @#$%& flowing unabated from the mouths of conservative lawmakers in America. Reading story after story of how, say, a cranky old coot of a doctor peddling medically dangerous misinformation has somehow informed half of the American public's views on women's health care, or how, say, another dude — always a @#$%& dude — is saying that he doesn't think that pregnancy from statutory rape or incest is really A Thing since he personally doesn't know any pregnant kids or how, say, the GOP is condemning this sort of Wingnut Real Talk while quietly inserting a mandatory ultrasound hat tip/constitutional amendment that would force all rape victims to carry their assailant's child to term into their official party platform has worn me down.

I am at full rape capacity. I am officially in the throes of rape fatigue.

[jezebel.com]

Date: August 22, 2012 11:15AM
That girlfriend can rant.
Go Erin!
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 22, 2012 11:22AM
republican concern for domestic policy is just a reminder that OBAMA KILLED BIN LADEN

Date: August 22, 2012 12:43PM
Lemon Drop
billb

But election is not now.
Date: August 22, 2012 02:18PM
"The last time a conservative Republican House member was picked for V.P. to appeal to the base, Goldwater lost big."

I think the Republican and independent electorate back then was of a higher quality than the clowns we have today.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: August 22, 2012 07:29PM
RgrF
If Mitt had any sort of salable policies, we'd be talking about them. His people have pretty much said he won't, he'll tell us later what he intends to do and in the meantime he'll slam Obama with an awesome and overwhelming expenditure of special interest money.

That expenditure combined with a well planned GOP initiative to suppress the vote, will make this an election unlike anything we have previously experienced or know what to do with.

That is what really scares me this election. Add the spectre of voting machines that can't be checked but can be tampered with, and I'm afraid for democracy in this country.

Unfortunately I'm feeling quite cynical right now, but with the amount of anti-Obama ads already appearing, as well as anti-Democrat ads appearing, I'm predicitng that Obama loses and both the House and Senate go to Republicans.
Date: August 22, 2012 08:36PM
Republicans Move Convention to Seventeenth Century

[www.newyorker.com]

Date: August 22, 2012 09:36PM
$tevie

[www.newyorker.com]

Seriously, have y'all thought how far a Republican Executive, House, and Senate and then 6-3 or worse Supreme Court will set us back? Back to before LBJ - 50 or so years? Back to 1929 - 80 or so years? Back to before Teddy Roosevelt - 100 or so years? I used to think how awful it was that the Bush administration and subsequent Republican/Tea Party actions wasted 12 years. If only. We are looking at 100 years of progress and sacrifice washed away in a few months.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: August 22, 2012 10:01PM
Dennis S
$tevie

[www.newyorker.com]

Seriously, have y'all thought how far a Republican Executive, House, and Senate and then 6-3 or worse Supreme Court will set us back? Back to before LBJ - 50 or so years? Back to 1929 - 80 or so years? Back to before Teddy Roosevelt - 100 or so years? I used to think how awful it was that the Bush administration and subsequent Republican/Tea Party actions wasted 12 years. If only. We are looking at 100 years of progress and sacrifice washed away in a few months.

I forgot about the possible SCOTUS openings. Makes me fear for our democracy and freedom even more.
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: August 23, 2012 09:36AM
It ain't going to happen. Obama will win the White House, and the Democrats will gain back some seats in the House while maintaining its slim lead in the Senate (Thanks, Todd Akin! Anything else you want to say?).
Posted by: Z
Date: August 23, 2012 01:42PM
Here's what this whole thing (I want to say farce, but it's sadly all too serious) boils down to -

Missouri Republican Senate candidate states GOP party platform out loud, is promptly asked to stop talking.

Unintended(?) side benefit for the GOP - the discussion is now dragged ever further to the right.
Unintended consequence for the GOP - any woman who can read and think won't (or at leastreally really really really shouldn't) be voting for them.
Date: August 23, 2012 02:11PM
How does this controversy affect a woman day to day life? Another manufactured "women issues". How come us men don't have any issues?
Date: August 23, 2012 03:45PM
I think you have plenty of issues.
Date: August 23, 2012 05:44PM
LOL

[soundcloud.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020