advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Not speaking to each other
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: September 12, 2012 12:11PM
Mitt Romney and Republican Congressional leaders, that is. The GOPs came back to the Capitol after a month off and called a presser after the caucus. They did not mention Romney once, even when asked a direct question about him.

[www.washingtonpost.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Not speaking to each other
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 12, 2012 12:16PM
They know one or both of them is going to be going home after the election.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 12, 2012 12:17PM
Another brilliant move from Team Romney to attack their own party in criticizing the debt deal. They already aren't wild about the guy. Geez.

And Paul Ryan is looking downright presidential compared to his running mate today. He along with other members of Congress at least have the sense not to politicize this tragedy, at least so far.
Posted by: Black
Date: September 12, 2012 12:19PM
Obstructionism turned inward.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 12, 2012 12:26PM
This article supports mick e's hypothesis that Romney is nothing but a place-holder. I find it interesting if it is true that a party dedicated to a single goal -- making Obama a one-term President -- was evidently unable to muster a candidate who could do so and had to settle for making someone fall on their sword. To me, if this is what happened, it says that the anti-Obama/Tea Party/Evangelical Christian movement has turned out to be a big bust and that the GOP, if it knows what is good for them, will begin to find a better way to try to court the American voter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 12:27PM by $tevie.
Date: September 12, 2012 01:07PM
$tevie
This article supports mick e's hypothesis that Romney is nothing but a place-holder. I find it interesting if it is true that a party dedicated to a single goal -- making Obama a one-term President -- was evidently unable to muster a candidate who could do so and had to settle for making someone fall on their sword. To me, if this is what happened, it says that the anti-Obama/Tea Party/Evangelical Christian movement has turned out to be a big bust and that the GOP, if it knows what is good for them, will begin to find a better way to try to court the American voter.

Good conversation on that topic on TOTN right now...
Posted by: mick e
Date: September 12, 2012 01:15PM
Not so much a good soldier as a convenient patsy.

Bob Dole was completely aware that he was falling on the sword, and he did it willingly.

Mitt Romney has no fricking idea that he is a fixer.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Date: September 12, 2012 01:41PM
Lemon Drop
$tevie

Good conversation on that topic on TOTN right now...

I'll have to stream it later, my job requires I be on the phone or talking to folks most of the day so talk-type programs aren't really a good fit in the office.
Date: September 12, 2012 01:43PM
mick e

Bob Dole was completely aware that he was falling on the sword, and he did it willingly.

I'm leaning towards agreement with you at this point BUT: why do you suppose they couldn't find good/decent candidates? After all the talk about what a failure Obama is supposed to be, he is considered unbeatable?
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: September 12, 2012 01:51PM
$tevie
mick e

I'm leaning towards agreement with you at this point BUT: why do you suppose they couldn't find good/decent candidates? After all the talk about what a failure Obama is supposed to be, he is considered unbeatable?

It took 10 years and a World War to pull this country out of the Great Depression. No Republican with half a brain wanted the job this time, especially with the Tea Party running the show.
Date: September 12, 2012 01:59PM
Oh wait, two Republicans ARE standing by Mitt.

Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich.

Here's what the snowball of fail has to say:

[www.facebook.com]
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: September 12, 2012 02:02PM
Sarah Palin
We already know that President Obama likes to “speak softly” to our enemies. If he doesn’t have a “big stick” to carry, maybe it’s time for him to grow one.

* snicker *
Date: September 12, 2012 02:28PM
Sarah Palin did not write that. No way could she come up with "abysmal" all by her own self. She also got the name of the Libyan city right and she uses the word "credible." Not Sarah.
Date: September 12, 2012 04:46PM
Sarah's apparently in need of some BBC.

The rumors of her and Scott being on the outs must be true.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: (vikm)
Date: September 12, 2012 04:50PM
It's laughable if for no other reason that she pretends to not know what is said about black guys and their sticks.

(and yes, I feel ashamed for even mentioning this "rumor". Not to mention it's in the same discussion about our President)
Date: September 12, 2012 05:27PM
Palin is also following the official Big Lie that the so-called "apology" happened AFTER the violence and the killings. These people are such shameless liars that I don't know how they sleep at night.

Posted by: (vikm)
Date: September 12, 2012 05:29PM
$tevie
These people are such shameless liars that I don't know how they sleep at night.

Comfort in numbers... "If I'm going to hell, at least I won't be lonely".
Posted by: Black
Date: September 12, 2012 09:07PM
(vikm)
It's laughable if for no other reason that she pretends to not know what is said about black guys and their sticks.

(and yes, I feel ashamed for even mentioning this "rumor". Not to mention it's in the same discussion about our President)

[www.targetmap.com]

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 12, 2012 09:13PM
It will be interesting to see how this apparent Romney debacle of a campaign will effect downstream races. Should this cause a turn of the House, the next two years will be gangbusters for Dems. If that comes to pass I suspect they will use that advantage very differently than than they did in 2008.

Mike Sellers
$tevie
mick e

It took 10 years and a World War to pull this country out of the Great Depression. No Republican with half a brain wanted the job this time, especially with the Tea Party running the show.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 13, 2012 02:46AM
The House and Senate will both be under the control of Republicans. No matter which party wins.

RgrF
It will be interesting to see how this apparent Romney debacle of a campaign will effect downstream races. Should this cause a turn of the House, the next two years will be gangbusters for Dems. If that comes to pass I suspect they will use that advantage very differently than than they did in 2008.

Mike Sellers
$tevie
mick e

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2012 02:47AM by Speedy.
Date: September 13, 2012 07:02AM
Democrats will maintain control of the Senate.
Date: September 13, 2012 09:01AM
Gutenberg
Democrats will maintain control of the Senate.

I think so too. I think we're headed for status quo after November:
GOP House, with a few less seats in their majority
Dem Senate, 1 vote margin
Dem White House
Date: September 13, 2012 09:52AM
I'm leaning in that direction as well. I am totally confident about Obama, almost totally confident about the Senate, and would not be surprised to see the Democrats gain a couple of seats in the House.

Date: September 13, 2012 10:26AM
Senate is iffy. Wisconsin might lose one on Kohl's retirement. Republican Tommy Thompson is like that drunken uncle that everyone in your family loves. He and Tammy Baldwin are a virtual tie right now.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020