AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Re: Romney fails the 3 AM test
Posted by: Pam
Date: September 13, 2012 06:02PM
$tevie
swampy
Gottch journalism at it's best.

Asking a simple yes-no question which should be EASY to answer is a "gotcha"? How retarded IS Romney, exactly?

I was confused as you after reading that transcript.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: Pam
Date: September 13, 2012 06:05PM
$tevie
Yeah, that whole "Jimmy Carter moment" meme, coupled with the very mysterious manner in which this film was birthed makes me pretty suspicious of the entire incident. I know, I know, tin foil hat etc. etc. We'll see.

The Jimmy Carter meme has no traction. As for the video, I think it's becoming clear who was responsible. The guy is such a nutcase that even the more right wing right-wingers probably wouldn't touch him.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 13, 2012 06:31PM
Pam
$tevie
swampy
Gottch journalism at it's best.

Asking a simple yes-no question which should be EASY to answer is a "gotcha"? How retarded IS Romney, exactly?

I was confused as you after reading that transcript.

LOL. It was vague as all get out.

Posted by: btfc
Date: September 14, 2012 08:54PM
Gutenberg
cbelt3
Reagan's anti-Iran rhetoric was blistering.

Yes, and Reagan was a lousy president, just as he was a lousy Governor of California. Next.

"Once upon a time there was a silver-tongued president. His foreign policy must have been seen by enemies of the United States as weak and feckless, because these enemies became emboldened. Mideast terrorists staged a brutal, bloody attack in which innocent Americans were killed. The president’s response could be seen as a display of shameful weakness rather than steely resolve.
I’m referring, of course, to Ronald Reagan and the 1983 Marine barracks bombing in Beirut, which claimed 241 American lives – and led Reagan to withdraw U.S. forces from Lebanon.
It’s useful to keep this antecedent in mind as opportunistic critics embarrass themselves looking for ways to bash President Obama over the spreading anti-U.S. violence in Egypt, Libya and now Yemen.
I mean Mitt Romney. Really. U.S. diplomatic posts are attacked abroad, and your first reaction is to issue a statement blasting the president? J. Christopher Stevens, the American ambassador to Libya, and three other officials are killed in a commando-style assault on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, and your instinct is to seek not safety for other Americans at risk, not justice for the coldblooded killers, but political advantage for yourself?"

[www.charlotteobserver.com]
Date: September 15, 2012 12:05AM
Have you ever wondered how things might be different if Reagan had responded differently? Maybe invaded Lebanon instead of the Falklands? I am not saying what should or should not have happened. I'm just saying that it's something I wonder about sometimes.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 15, 2012 03:13PM
$tevie
Have you ever wondered how things might be different if Reagan had responded differently? Maybe invaded Lebanon instead of the Falklands? I am not saying what should or should not have happened. I'm just saying that it's something I wonder about sometimes.

Prime Minister Thatcher invaded the Falklands. President Reagan had a great and glorious victory in Granada.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: September 15, 2012 07:07PM
I don't have any excuse for my embarrassing Senior Moment. Duh. confused smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020