advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Another Tea Party fav for the Senate falls behind in polls
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 24, 2012 11:19AM
Chris Murphy ahead by a good margin over Linda McMahon in Connecticut.

[www.reuters.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another Tea Party fav for the Senate falls behind in polls
Date: October 24, 2012 11:44AM
Scott Brown going down too.

[www.realclearpolitics.com]
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 24, 2012 12:10PM
"Democrats, who hope to hold onto their 51-47 advantage in the 100-seat Senate, are pouring money into heavily Democratic Connecticut to solidify support for Murphy. Last month, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee began running ads for him"

Putting your money into saving the Senate... actually good strategy. If you lose the Presidency AND the House, you can at least gridlock things with the Senate.

Oh. sorry. I mean 'Encourage enlightened compromise'. Gridlock is a term you reserve for the Republicans.
Date: October 24, 2012 12:12PM
cbelt3

Oh. sorry. I mean 'Encourage enlightened compromise'. Gridlock is a term you reserve for the Republicans.

Not me. I use it to describe the situation in general and I expect it to (unfortunately) continue.

Anybody read Woodward's book about the budget fiasco last year? Pretty damning of all involved.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 25, 2012 04:38AM
Odd isn't it that Clinton could (pre Tea Party days) work with the house and senate to move things along. Why rustbelt would attribute current day GOP tactics to incoming Dems is informative in that Dems have mostly been amenable to dialog and compromise.

Why would you think they would borrow a page from the GOP and suddenly become disinterested in how to make government work?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020