advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
[things that should be classified as psychiatric disorders] "born again, sanctified, saved-in-the-blood Christian."
Posted by: Black
Date: March 19, 2013 07:40PM
Michelle Shocked suffers Christian break:

[www.thedailybeast.com]

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: [things that should be classified as psychiatric disorders] "born again, sanctified, saved-in-the-blood Christian."
Posted by: graylocks
Date: March 19, 2013 08:20PM
this is all the talk with my facebook crowd. i was never a fan but this sounds like a sad psychotic breakdown.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Re: [things that should be classified as psychiatric disorders] "born again, sanctified, saved-in-the-blood Christian."
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 19, 2013 08:35PM
The litmus test for this would be to ask yourself if the opposite 'conversion ' would elicit the same reaction in your mind.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 19, 2013 08:46PM
Who?
(You 90's guys are so cute)
Date: March 19, 2013 09:13PM
cbelt3
The litmus test for this would be to ask yourself if the opposite 'conversion ' would elicit the same reaction in your mind.

some of my Facebook friends were actually at the show. by their reports her behavior was really erratic and bizarre so I would be suspicious of a turn in the opposite direction also.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 19, 2013 10:13PM
From riots to performing in blackface to this, that and the other wild and unexplainable contradictions over the years, if anything, the psychiatric disorder is commonly referred to as "bipolar." "Predictable" she's never really been.

Probably my favorite Shocked song: God Is A Real Estate Developer

(G) God is a real estate developer
(C7) With offices around the (G) nation
They say one day (G7) he'll liquidate
His (C7) holdings up on high
(G) I say it's (D7) all specul(G)ation

He may be an absentee landlord
This may be a low rent universe
The roof may need repairs
But at least the floor is there
And the rent is not due til the first

So (C7) save one last dance for the Savior
When that(G) final Hail Mary is said
(C7) Life is a dancehall
That's (G) why we've got (E7) all those
Little (A) angels dancing 'round (D7) with pinheads

The Lord Almighty Ltd
And his chosen elect
Sit on the Up on High Development Board
Quoting the Bible as they hoard
The Good Book has a new look, I suspect

Captain Swing (Mercury 1989) / Captain Swing (Mighty Sound 2004)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 19, 2013 10:14PM
born again, sanctified, saved-in-the-blood Christian. Bigot.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: lafinfil
Date: March 19, 2013 10:39PM
Widely reported she is bi. Polar not sexual

Sounds like a mental break and it's a shame. I've always enjoyed her music (first 3 or 4 albums at least) but haven't followed her much the last few years. I've seen it with other bipolar folks, including my cousins wife, and it is a shame. I hope she finds effective treatment.

Posted by: Black
Date: March 19, 2013 10:52PM
I know absolutely nothing about her other than what's in this article, sorry. If it is a manic episode than I hope she chooses omniscience or believing that the entire world desires her sexually rather than an intense hate trip next time around.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 20, 2013 08:34AM
Black
I know absolutely nothing about her other than what's in this article, sorry. If it is a manic episode than I hope she chooses omniscience or believing that the entire world desires her sexually rather than an intense hate trip next time around.
jest smiley

Yeah.. we can handle marginally attractive performers getting all @#$%& naked on stage WAY better than attitudinal.

I've dealt with people who were wackadoodle with religious overtones. Insane belief is worse when it's shared by people who are actually not insane.
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: March 20, 2013 08:34AM
I always wonder what happened to her.

It sounds like she should would have felt more at home playing at CPAC rather than SF.
Date: March 20, 2013 08:49AM
the_poochies
I always wonder what happened to her.

It sounds like she should would have felt more at home playing at CPAC rather than SF.

maybe. depends on how she also now feels about her occupy protests appearances and her support of the union busting protests in Wisconsin. she may just have gone nutso on the gay issue.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 20, 2013 04:33PM
The story is becoming kind of interesting.
[thenewcivilrightsmovement.com]

Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 20, 2013 04:35PM
PS: I, in fact, know nothing about the woman. But I did just learn that one of her album titles was "Short Sharp Shocked". Which plays off a song from The Mikado and that's cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2013 04:35PM by $tevie.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: March 20, 2013 08:29PM
$tevie
The story is becoming kind of interesting.
[thenewcivilrightsmovement.com]

I'm giving her the benefit of a doubt right now, but I bet her career takes a big dive no matter how much she explains.

Here is a quote from $tevie's link. It sound sarcastic or ironic to me.

"If someone would be so gracious as to please tweet out, ‘Michelle Shocked just said from stage, God hates @#$%&.’ Would you do it now?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 136
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020