advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Re: Wait - high school drop out paid $200K/yr at Booz Allen? Who is Edward Snowden?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 11, 2013 12:21PM
max
Filliam H. Muffman
Mac1337
$tevie
Admit it, you didn't even worry about this until TV told you to last week. There's more than this going on but we won't be discussing it here until CNN tells us to.

A tremendous deadpan. Your MO at Appleswitcher was largely the rebuke of anyone decrying the raising police state. You did this for years. You are sick.

This is not Appleshi@#$%&. You shouldn't stalk someone across websites. If she did it here, post links.

Bullcr@p. Muffman, this place was not open in 2003 and calling somebody on their pathetic attempt at revisionism is not stalking.
Your problem is that the inconvenient proofs of her positions are out there....

Complaining about what someone posted somewhere else is stalking. If you want to prove that it is a pervasive problem in her posts, she must have done it here sometime in the last 7 years....

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wait - high school drop out paid $200K/yr at Booz Allen? Who is Edward Snowden?
Posted by: max
Date: June 11, 2013 12:23PM
Lemon Drop
I don't regret my votes for the President and would make the same choices now.

Yes, facepalm should be applied right here...
Lemon Drop
Blind loyalty and allegiance on the left is no better than on the right.

Perfect example of raging hypocrites flinging flaming inanities...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Date: June 11, 2013 12:28PM
Filliam H. Muffman
max
Filliam H. Muffman
Mac1337
A tremendous deadpan. Your MO at Appleswitcher was largely the rebuke of anyone decrying the raising police state. You did this for years. You are sick.

This is not Appleshi@#$%&. You shouldn't stalk someone across websites. If she did it here, post links.

Bullcr@p. Muffman, this place was not open in 2003 and calling somebody on their pathetic attempt at revisionism is not stalking.
Your problem is that the inconvenient proofs of her positions are out there....

Complaining about what someone posted somewhere else is stalking. If you want to prove that it is a pervasive problem in her posts, she must have done it here sometime in the last 7 years....
You got a link to this new daffynition of yours, Muffman, or did you pull it out of your arse, again....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
Posted by: haikuman
Date: June 11, 2013 12:30PM
"Complaining about what someone posted somewhere else is stalking. If you want to prove that it is a pervasive problem in her posts, she must have done it here sometime in the last 7 years...."

horse feathers ~!~ Sorry to say this is a rather constricted point of view imho *(:>(*
Quotes and opinions are proffered from the present to multiple different eras here m u ff man . . .
please get a grip *(:>*

Observations are observations . . . if you want to put lipstick on a pig your going
to need to change your dress tongue sticking out smileygrinning smiley

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish"
Steve Jobs

"There are only two mantras yum and yuk mine is yum "
Bernard Mickey Wrangle<>Tom Robbins<> "Still Life With Woodpecker"

"There is a fine line between a rut and a groove"
G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 12:41PM by haikuman.
Posted by: Mac1337
Date: June 11, 2013 12:33PM
I am not "from AppleSwitcher" by the way. I am a real person. I come from my mother's butt.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 11, 2013 12:58PM
Lemon, I really believe that the farther away we get from 9/11 the more people will begin to demand that the Patriot Act be dismantled.

Date: June 11, 2013 01:02PM
"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience."
George Bernard Shaw

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
Desmond Tutu

"When good people in any country cease their vigilance and struggle, then evil men prevail."
Pearl S. Buck

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Posted by: Black
Date: June 11, 2013 01:09PM
This is not Appleshi@#$%&.

^^^This made my day^^^ :-)

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Date: June 11, 2013 01:32PM
$tevie
Lemon, I really believe that the farther away we get from 9/11 the more people will begin to demand that the Patriot Act be dismantled.

Naivety is like a virus here . . . a picture says a thousand words . . . sad smiley
How quickly we forget . . .banghead smiley

[en.wikipedia.org]

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 01:39PM by haikuman.
Date: June 11, 2013 01:42PM
Yep, despite our loss of freedoms and our civil liberties, the entire totalitarian state could not, nor did not prevent the Chechen boys do their dirty deed.

Slipped right on by....
Date: June 11, 2013 01:52PM
max
Yep, despite our loss of freedoms and our civil liberties, the entire totalitarian state could not, nor did not prevent the Chechen boys do their dirty deed.

Slipped right on by....

Egggagerrration, drama and delusions will not solve an equation that is unsolvable.
Even the jaded and skewed find a way to evolve like weeds in the garden.

Tending ones garden is essential me thinks . . .

"Doubt must be no more than vigilance, otherwise it can become dangerous."
Georg C. Lichtenberg

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 01:53PM by haikuman.
Date: June 11, 2013 01:59PM
Hey, Muffman, here is your quote, give he five minutes and she will hang herself time after time:
$tevie
I still don't believe this is the "rise of the police state". I am pragmatic and fully aware of how things work. With more sophisticated technology comes more sophisticated spying. ....
It is incredibly silly to think that this is the rise of the police state. It is the rise of technology corporations helping other corporations to make lots of money by screwing the public. Which is what most corporations do.
And as usual we get these unbelievable excuses, it is not Bush's or Obama's fault. It is the corporations. Poor Obama was forced, maybe he got blackmailed into fascism.

He is just an innocent bystander.
At worse he is just an incompetent administrator, even less capable than Bush.
His inner goodness must still be there,

deep underneath the Emperor Palatine mask....

Posted by: billb
Date: June 11, 2013 02:05PM
max

Slipped right on by....
Have they even read about it in the news yet ?
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 11, 2013 02:14PM
Still trying to figure out why identifying hypocrisy in each other is so important that it has to derail every thread.
Date: June 11, 2013 02:19PM
haikuman
max

Slipped right on by....

Egggagerrration, drama and delusions will not solve an equation that is unsolvable.
Even the jaded and skewed find a way to evolve like weeds in the garden.

Tending ones garden is essential me thinks . . .

"Doubt must be no more than vigilance, otherwise it can become dangerous."
Georg C. Lichtenberg
Of course the equation is solvable. Life is full of risks.
With that the question arises of how much freedom and liberty you want to trade for a modicum of risk.
Only if you presume a delusional attitude that somehow you are guaranteed to live forever, can you assume that trading all your freedoms and liberties will guarantee you a modicum of security.

I am not willing to do that trade, I am not buying your equation....
Date: June 11, 2013 02:20PM
Date: June 11, 2013 02:29PM
"Only if you presume a delusional attitude that somehow you are guaranteed to live forever, can you assume that trading all your freedoms and liberties will guarantee you a modicum of security."

Manufacturing an argument for discourse is "cerebral masssturrbaaation"

I personally have lost zip. You remind me now of a line from . . . "For What It's Worth"

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away
We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: June 11, 2013 02:42PM
Lets pause for a little positive bubble gum music

[www.youtube.com]

Or we can just groove *(:>*

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Sometimes it is good to just get your smooth on a little *(:>*

[www.youtube.com]

eclectic organic oblivion makes me smile *(:>*

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 03:10PM by haikuman.
Posted by: Mac-A-Matic
Date: June 11, 2013 03:08PM
$tevie
The government sent agents into the Friends Meeting my family attended to spy on us due to the Quakers' peace testimony. They froze bank accounts of people in Friends Meeting involved in the sending of medical supplies to Hanoi. My telelphone was tapped in one of my apartments during college because the previous tenant worked with the Berrigan Brothers.

It is incredibly silly to think that this is the rise of the police state. It is the rise of technology corporations helping other corporations to make lots of money by screwing the public. Which is what most corporations do.

Some of you have no idea where the danger lurks. You think you can fix everything by voting for a Green Party candidate whom you only know exists because you spend your time being tracked across the internet while you yap on your cell phone, post on internet forums, shop with credit cards, and Google the results for "I am a smug little naive arse who thinks that the government never did things like this before".

You are talking about a country which attempted to wipe out the entire population of indigenous peoples. Which imprisoned everyone on the west coast who were of Japanese descent during WWII. Which beat its citizens during a political convention. What color is the sky on your planet?

Yet you still choose to defend that president which has continued this legacy...

And your best retort was something about Romney?
Date: June 11, 2013 03:08PM
max
Hey, Muffman, here is your quote, give he five minutes and she will hang herself time after time:
$tevie
I still don't believe this is the "rise of the police state". I am pragmatic and fully aware of how things work. With more sophisticated technology comes more sophisticated spying. ....
And as usual we get these unbelievable excuses, it is not Bush's or Obama's fault. It is the corporations. Poor Obama was forced, maybe he got blackmailed into fascism.

I can't seem to find the thread here that you got it from. Can you post a link?

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 03:09PM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Date: June 11, 2013 03:12PM
$tevie
And "continue" is the key word here.

When people can discuss this without acting like this is an "Obama problem" then maybe we could come to some understanding of what's going on. Or what could be done about it. As it stands now, Snowden is just Whistleblower of the Month and I bet he drops off of this forum along with every other BFD we argue about and promptly forget. Another media may fly who will die like all the other topics we fight about on the interwebs.

Actually, the "key" word here is "CHANGE" - or the lack thereof.

If, five years into his presidency, Obama (and by extension, supporters like you) is not willing to make this "his problem" then we have a clear lack of "leadership" and an absence of responsibility.

So far, your best argument is: 1)Bush started it, and 2)Romney would have been worse.

I'm starting to wonder what the liberal version of the Tea Party is calling themselves...
Date: June 11, 2013 03:19PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Filliam - this is the thread the quote came from. Check the first page, almost all the way down to the break. I quoted that passage of hers in an unrelated response.
Date: June 11, 2013 03:23PM
"I'm starting to wonder what the liberal version of the Tea Party is calling themselves..."

Ridge Top *(:>*

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 03:26PM by haikuman.
Date: June 11, 2013 03:29PM
$tevie
Some of you have no idea where the danger lurks. You think you can fix everything by voting for a Green Party candidate whom you only know exists because you spend your time being tracked across the internet while you yap on your cell phone, post on internet forums, shop with credit cards, and Google the results for "I am a smug little naive arse who thinks that the government never did things like this before".

Your blind loyalty voting for Obama and democrats underscores the reason why things will not change.

Truth is, it's not the people voting for the Green (and other alternative) Party who are the problem. It's those people who vote dem and rep.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 11, 2013 03:39PM
Broad brushes!

On sale now!

Make life simple and group everyone into "fer" or "agin"!
Date: June 11, 2013 03:41PM
Mac-A-Matic
Filliam H. Muffman

Filliam - this is the thread the quote came from. Check the first page, almost all the way down to the break. I quoted that passage of hers in an unrelated response.

Nice non sequitur. Maybe max will understand what I was asking for.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: June 11, 2013 04:36PM
Non sequitur?
Too inconvenient, Muffman is not faring well today, flailing for straw....

Date: June 11, 2013 04:43PM
$tevie

When people can discuss this without acting like this is an "Obama problem"...

So would you say Obama brought us 'continuity' then? Ironic, no?
Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 11, 2013 05:35PM
anyone else but me thinking Catch 22 everytime Snowden's name is mentioned. sure there's some spilling one's guts analogy in there somewhere...

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 11, 2013 06:40PM
$tevie

I hope so. This may be the last straw.
Posted by: Black
Date: June 11, 2013 06:58PM
Lemon Drop
$tevie

I hope so. This may be the last straw.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 07:03PM by Black.
Date: June 11, 2013 07:36PM
max
Non sequitur?

So you have nothing, I am not surprised.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 12, 2013 12:40AM
$tevie
As it stands now, Snowden is just Whistleblower of the Month and I bet he drops off of this forum along with every other BFD we argue about ...

This should be news to BFD who's been all but absent lately.
Date: June 12, 2013 03:07AM
Filliam H. Muffman
max
Non sequitur?

So you have nothing, I am not surprised.

Aren't you a pathetically blind ideologue.
You got shot down by four different posters and you still do not get it.

I did think you were smarter, I guess I should have not been surprised....

Posted by: Manlove
Date: June 12, 2013 03:46AM
It's not Obama, it's the people who pay him. It's us, we let this happen. We sat on our arses watching whatever crap they fed us on tv as kids died for standing up for what they believed. We reached for the popcorn as we watched ourselves being lied into a decade long war (and counting). We switched channels as surveillance techniques improved exponentially and we became tracked constantly.
We let corporations do whatever the hell they want for profits sake. We are all complicit.

This would be happening now (as has been pointed out) regardless of which puppet was having its strings pulled. It's almost inevitable.
America is not the 'good guys', it has killed and wrongfully imprisoned millions both home and abroad.

You want this not to happen? Stop it. Stop sitting on your fat arses and march to the doors of power and tell them. Of course, you will be arrested and imprisoned under a litany of wrongful laws, but that is the chance you take to acquire freedom.
That's how it's always been. You want change? Be prepared to put it all on the line to see it happen. Otherwise, please, be quiet.
Date: June 12, 2013 05:02AM
Well put Manlove. We are not accustomed to getting off our asses, and that is definitely a considerable flaw at best. But we are pretty spread out here, even our cities. Also, most of us work considerable, regular hours. But public opinion goes a long way, and is the first step to getting things moving in the right direction. Also, it's not like nobody is listening any longer. If enough people post the words '@#$%& fascism', you can bet it will turn up on some graph, on a computer screen somewhere interesting.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 05:28AM by Mac1337.
Date: June 12, 2013 07:28AM
You know they can't wait until the next bozo tries a 'terrorist' attack. Look up the underwear guy and the shoe guy. Look up the '93 WTC attack. These retards, who's own governments, and even PARENTS often report on, are given the red carpet, and sometimes apparently even THE BOMB. This is no joke. Look it up.
Date: June 12, 2013 09:40AM
max

How can I be shot down when nobody provided what I asked for? Going on ignore.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 12, 2013 09:46AM
max
Aren't you a pathetically blind ideologue.
You got shot down by four different posters and you still do not get it. I did think you were smarter, I guess I should have not been surprised....

$tevie
Max has nobody left to argue with at AppleSwitcher so he comes over here looking to start fights. Everyone needs to be aware that he is trolling and to not engage with him when he begins throwing feces through the bars of his cage.
Date: June 12, 2013 12:01PM
Filliam H. Muffman
max

How can I be shot down when nobody provided what I asked for? Going on ignore.

Max does not share information or opinions. He just posts what he thinks are "zingers" and then runs back to AppleSwitcher seeking praise and a dog treat.

Date: June 12, 2013 12:07PM
graylocks
anyone else but me thinking Catch 22 everytime Snowden's name is mentioned. sure there's some spilling one's guts analogy in there somewhere...
[forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: eustacetilley
Date: June 12, 2013 12:27PM
$tevie
graylocks
[forums.macresource.com]

Also [forums.macresource.com], four posts down:

"Où sont les Neigedons d'antan?

Pardon my French. Heller roughly translated this as "Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?""

Eustace
Date: June 12, 2013 12:40PM
Don't let someone who's already beat down tell you what's possible and what's not possible in life. Almost nothing is impossible. This is a fact. That's why fascist are @#$%& their pants all the time, and some people are scrambling to tell you it's all about nothing. This is why they are listening to you in the first place. Because you have power. Your opinion matters. Stand up for yourself.
Date: June 12, 2013 12:52PM
eustacetilley
$tevie
graylocks
[forums.macresource.com]

Pardon my French. Heller roughly translated this as "Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?""

Whoops, I totally missed that. Pardon MY oversight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 12:54PM by $tevie.
Posted by: eustacetilley
Date: June 12, 2013 01:09PM
$tevie
eustacetilley
$tevie
graylocks
[forums.macresource.com]

Whoops, I totally missed that. Pardon MY oversight.

No apology needed. And just as well; I wanted to go in a literary/historical direction, with references to Ellsberg and Klein, but I prefer to sit on the sidelines, munching on my chocolate covered cotton. (Ellsberg and Klein have since come forward with their views.)

Thanks

Eustace
Date: June 12, 2013 01:30PM
$tevie
Mac-A-Matic
$tevie
I'm not going to allow myself to be guilted into turning on the President because he has allowed this old @#$%& to continue. I will allow myself to be upset about it and wish he hadn't allowed it, but I'm not so stupid as to think the last 12 years never happened and we just awoke to a brand new problem. It's not like electing Mitt Romney would have prevented this. eye rolling smiley

And yet you work yourself up into a lather when conservatives defend Bush?

I find your choice of words curious: "guilted" - as though you're afraid to acknowledge that you've been hoodwinked by Obama. That Barack Hussein Obama isn't the president of "Change" you "Hoped" he would be.

Romney is not germane to the issue at hand. He's a non-issue. What is at hand is the president who rode into the White House on a campaign of "Hope" and "Change" has done neither. What he has done is continue a legacy of eroding the privacy and civil liberties.

When people can discuss this without acting like this is an "Obama problem" then maybe we could come to some understanding of what's going on. Or what could be done about it. As it stands now, Snowden is just Whistleblower of the Month and I bet he drops off of this forum along with every other BFD we argue about and promptly forget. Another media may fly who will die like all the other topics we fight about on the interwebs.

Don't you find it ironic that we got 'continuity' -by your own admission- when the President ran on the EXACT OPPOSITE of that word?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 01:31PM by Mac1337.
Date: June 12, 2013 02:08PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 02:09PM by Mac-A-Matic.
Date: June 13, 2013 05:45PM
$tevie
Max does not share information or opinions. He just posts what he thinks are "zingers" and then runs back to AppleSwitcher seeking praise and a dog treat.

A perfect example when your entire world view is a direct result of having your head parked up in the darkest depths of your own arse...
Date: June 13, 2013 06:04PM
Darkness Darkness Be My Shadow . . .

[www.youtube.com]

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020