Posted by: Mac-A-Matic
Date: June 12, 2013 06:57AM
Re: 56% of Americans are more than eager to surrender their privacy
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: June 12, 2013 08:16AM
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 12, 2013 08:29AM

Pew highlights partisan shifts on the issue between 2006 and 2013, which may be attributed to a change of party in the White House. In 2006, 75 percent of Republicans and 37 percent of Democrats thought it was acceptable to monitor phone records in the name of national security. Today, 52 percent of Republicans and 64 percent of Democrats find it acceptable.

What a shock.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: Mac1337
Date: June 12, 2013 10:12AM
100% of Americans have lost their privacy years ago. But they can't catch a couple of goony teenagers after multiple tip-offs, on top of the zero privacy policy. So of course they need to tighten that leash around YOUR neck. Nice racket if you can find it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 10:13AM by Mac1337.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 12, 2013 11:53AM
Date: June 12, 2013 02:02PM
Lux Interior

Pew highlights partisan shifts on the issue between 2006 and 2013, which may be attributed to a change of party in the White House. In 2006, 75 percent of Republicans and 37 percent of Democrats thought it was acceptable to monitor phone records in the name of national security. Today, 52 percent of Republicans and 64 percent of Democrats find it acceptable.

Because to diehard blind democrats, it's not okay when Bush does it, but it's certainly okay when Obama does nothing to Change it.
Posted by: August West
Date: June 12, 2013 02:16PM
Mac-A-Matic
Lux Interior

Because to diehard blind democrats, it's not okay when Bush does it, but it's certainly okay when Obama does nothing to Change it.

Polling analysis fail.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Posted by: Pops
Date: June 12, 2013 02:41PM
Scary stuff.

We, who frequent places like this can have some nasty arguments about issues, but sometimes we forget that we are the minority in the US who are generally intelligent, well-read, and who can THINK for themselves.
Posted by: haikuman
Date: June 12, 2013 02:44PM
The main thing is if your backups fail you know who to ask for help
recovering your data *(:>* tongue sticking out smileygrinning smileydevil smiley

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish"
Steve Jobs

"There are only two mantras yum and yuk mine is yum "
Bernard Mickey Wrangle<>Tom Robbins<> "Still Life With Woodpecker"

"There is a fine line between a rut and a groove"
G.D. Kittredge III

"

Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 12, 2013 09:36PM
Mac-A-Matic
Lux Interior

Back to reading 101 for you.

"Pew highlights partisan shifts on the issue between 2006 and 2013, which may be attributed to a change of party in the White House. In 2006, 75 percent of Republicans and 37 percent of Democrats thought it was acceptable to monitor phone records in the name of national security. Today, 52 percent of Republicans and 64 percent of Democrats find it acceptable."

So while self-described Dems went from 37 to 64 ( a change of 27 points) self-described Repubs went from 75 to 52 (a change of 23 points)

In your narrow mind that constitutes a blindside to Dems that you don't see in Repubs. Both sets of partisans are - you guessed it - partisan. It takes a partisan to so badly misread misinterpret an article on partisanship.
Date: June 13, 2013 12:51AM
You are not in Kansas anymore Dorothy *(:>*

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.
Robin Williams

Having George W. Bush giving a lecture on business ethics is like having a leper give you a facial, it just doesn't work!
Robin Williams

The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying, 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'
Robin Williams

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.
Edward Abbey

Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum floats to the top.
Edward Abbey

Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others.
Edward Abbey

Our 'neoconservatives' are neither new nor conservative, but old as Bablyon and evil as Hell.
Edward Abbey

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: June 13, 2013 01:32AM
People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country
to danger. It works the same way in any country.
-Hermann Göring

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 01:33AM by Mac1337.
Date: June 13, 2013 01:37AM
The mass of clueless @#$%&, and the easily ruled are usually in the majority. These numbers are actually likely to worry the fascist pretenders more than anyone.
Date: June 13, 2013 01:37AM
Mac1337
People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country
to danger. It works the same way in any country.
-Hermann Göring

Crying wolf must be your hobby *(:>*

The Sky is falling . . .

These ploys are old and well used . . . perhaps attempt a new tack something original ~!~

We are going to need the Toto UltraMax toilet to deal with this fecal material *(:>*

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 01:41AM by haikuman.
Date: June 13, 2013 01:45AM
What Otto quoted is accurate and applicable today, witness the Patriot Act.
Date: June 13, 2013 01:48AM
EDIT: @haikuman

WTF are you talking about? That's an actual quote that speaks to today's issues chillingly well.

It's not my fault if you think 'security' comes from living like some cloistered @#$%&.

*No offense to non-fascist @#$%&, just salty talk.

Would you like to shut me up?

The sky is not falling, but your nation IS dummy!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 01:56AM by Mac1337.
Date: June 13, 2013 01:50AM
Isn't that what I said?
Date: June 13, 2013 01:54AM
Scroll down please *(:>*

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 01:59AM by haikuman.
Date: June 13, 2013 01:55AM
Mac1337
WTF are you talking about? That's an actual quote that speaks to today's issues chillingly well.

It's not my fault if you think 'security' comes from living like some cloistered @#$%&.

*No offense to non-fascist @#$%&, just salty talk.

Would you like to shut me up?

The sky is not falling, but your nation IS dummy!

It appears you have your knickers in a twist and are wound up tighter
than an evangelist at a tiiitttyy bar.

facebook
yahoo
microsoft
and google

Already have all your data and it belongs to them.
NSA is just skimming their files *(:>*

Get a grip gumby *(:>*

You have not explained anything chillingly well
just foaming at the mouth is all I see as usual *(:>*

Mac1337

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 02:15AM by haikuman.
Date: June 13, 2013 01:55AM
My apologies RgrF. My last post was in response to haikuman. You must have posted your reply while I was typing.
Date: June 13, 2013 02:11AM
Type faster, maybe use Siri.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 02:12AM by RgrF.
Date: June 13, 2013 05:22PM
RgrF
Back to reading 101 for you.

"Pew highlights partisan shifts on the issue between 2006 and 2013, which may be attributed to a change of party in the White House. In 2006, 75 percent of Republicans and 37 percent of Democrats thought it was acceptable to monitor phone records in the name of national security. Today, 52 percent of Republicans and 64 percent of Democrats find it acceptable."

So while self-described Dems went from 37 to 64 ( a change of 27 points) self-described Repubs went from 75 to 52 (a change of 23 points)

In your narrow mind that constitutes a blindside to Dems that you don't see in Repubs. Both sets of partisans are - you guessed it - partisan. It takes a partisan to so badly misread misinterpret an article on partisanship.

I think you're quite confused.

I have never offered up defense for the erosion of our privacy and civil liberties, regardless of who was in the Oval Office. I have noted the wild outcry of bile for Bush while he was in the office by many of the posters here. Now, that Obama is in the Oval Office and is continuing with these policies and taking them further, I'm wondering if your kind will offer the same kind of bile. Or will you find a way to defend the Black Saviour at any cost?

What the Pew report shows is that people skew themselves based on their party of choice. Liberals who decried this invasion under Bush now find it appetizing because Obama is in the office. The converse with conservatives is also true.

Others on here have stated that they won't be "guilted" into condemning Obama regardless of what he does (or doesn't do). The question really is: are you of that same cloth?
Date: June 13, 2013 05:32PM
"Or will you find a way to defend the Black Saviour at any cost?"

This self defining statement reveals a constricted malignant nature perhaps.
Pretty sad to see a semi intelligent individual expound like a redneck in a
broken down pick up truck with a farm animal as a companion. *(:>*

just sayin . . .

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: June 13, 2013 05:43PM
Haiku,

I think it's rather apropos because by being black, Obama was supposed to be the herald of Change and a different approach. He was hailed as a saviour figure in 2008-2009 when he rose to power. Let us not forget the millions who flocked in bitter cold weather for his inauguration because we (yes, I was one of those standing on the Mall in the cold) were Hoping for that Change.

Here was The Great Orator. A man of intelligence. A thinker. A scholar. Someone who purported himself vastly different than his predecessor. A Nobel Peace Prize winner, and later, Time 2012 Man of the Year.

The recipe and its components were there. A time for renewed faith, hope and change. Five years on, we're still waiting for that greatness to materialize.
Date: June 13, 2013 05:56PM
You again clearly demonstrate a narrow minded point of view. One must look at the big picture
the whole of the dysfunction and solution, it comes not with one man. We as voters, our senate and congress all our actions and lack of actions for many years define our country.

But the larger issue with your discourse is defining Barack Obama as the Black Saviour.

You stepped on your on johnson sir. I hear the politeness in your reply to me,
but the problems with the US have nothing to do with your canned rhetoric and the
southern racist mentality you have projected.

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 06:00PM by haikuman.
Date: June 13, 2013 08:24PM
haikuman
You again clearly demonstrate a narrow minded point of view. One must look at the big picture
the whole of the dysfunction and solution, it comes not with one man. We as voters, our senate and congress all our actions and lack of actions for many years define our country.

But the larger issue with your discourse is defining Barack Obama as the Black Saviour.

You stepped on your on johnson sir. I hear the politeness in your reply to me,
but the problems with the US have nothing to do with your canned rhetoric and the
southern racist mentality you have projected.

Haiku-

It's obvious that you really know nothing about me, my background or most everything else - and that's okay with me. I have to laugh out loud regarding your comment about "southern racist mentality" as "black saviour" was/is the reference to how many liberals saw/see Obama. That Black=Left and the resultant disappointment by blacks/liberals - that somehow, the mere fact that Obama is black meant certain things and certain dispositions.

With regards to your assurance that one must look at the whole picture, we do not disagree. The years of corruption have led to the degradation of our system, both under dem and rep watch.

What I find most entertaining about all of this is after years of pounding on Bush and promising that it would be different/better with dem rule, things remain the same and yet those who were so eager to label conservatives as zealots exhibit the same behaviours.

I understand that you don't like my use of the term "black saviour" for Obama. However, it still remains that Obama was seen as such (and possibly still is) and promised to be the cure-all for our nations ills (especially those prompted by Bush). "Believe", "Hope" and "Change" were Obama's foundation for election. "Yes We Can" was the mantra.

Let us not forget that Obama's election sparked impromptu celebrations across America and around the world. This was more than just another American presidential election, this was a monumental event. At 63%, this turnout of eligible voters was the highest in fifty years. Consider the hype, attention and rejoicing and it certainly can be deduced that he touched on elements of a messiah. "We were looking at the "o" of his name and had the idea of a rising sun and a new day," according to Sol Sender, now a strategist at VSA Partners. "The sun rising over the horizon intended to evoked a new sense of hope."

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: June 13, 2013 08:43PM
Canned discourse . . . relying on the Bush comparisons . . .
"What I find most entertaining about all of this is after years of pounding on Bush"

You are relying on a dog and pony show of rhetoric.

Seems you can not see the forest for the trees . . .

Lets agree to disagree .

Barack Obama is not the problem . . .

Manufacturing blame is your strategy, it is weak and your color photos belie your
duplicity.

What you are typing here posting here is how I know you *(:>*

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Posted by: max
Date: June 16, 2013 11:29AM
haikuman
Canned discourse . . . r
relying on the Bush comparisons . . .
"What I find most entertaining about all of this is after years of pounding on Bush"
You are relying on a dog and pony show of rhetoric.

Agreed, you seem to be totally averse to facts....

haikuman
Seems you can not see the forest for the trees . . .
True dat. You are the only one seeing that forest.
The only one who correctly discerns the exact shade of the forest.
Of course discussing the trees making it up is totally out of the question....

haikuman
Lets agree to disagree .
Good idea.....

haikuman
Right, It is not Obama's fault, he is an innocent bystander....

It is amazing that whenever asked for some real evidence, facts, your modus operandi is to start loading haystacks of straw loaded with fetidy of empty accusations.....

Date: June 16, 2013 06:59PM
haikuman

I really don't know where you're coming from with that one. I'm willing to consider this point of view if you're also stating that GW Bush wasn't the problem before Obama. If not, you're sounding hypocritical and absurd. Do clarify your position.
Date: June 16, 2013 11:36PM
Mac-A-Matic
haikuman

I really don't know where you're coming from with that one. I'm willing to consider this point of view if you're also stating that GW Bush wasn't the problem before Obama. If not, you're sounding hypocritical and absurd. Do clarify your position.

Maybe you want to blame Barack Obama for tooth decay also . . .
The hypocrisy comes from narrow mined linear thinking.

banghead smiley

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: June 17, 2013 12:19AM
haikuman
haikuman

I told ya'all, Obama had nothing to do with all the totalitarian, fascist national eavesdropping, secret courts and star chambers, extrajudicial executions, hounding of whistleblowers and spying on our own citizens.
Obama was just an innocent bystander.
There is no way you can prove Obama signed the Patriot Act in 2009, then backed up over the Constitution and did it again in 2011.
Oh, no, Obama had nothing to do with his signing the NDAA2012, including section 1021,
Obama had nothing to do with his signing the infamous NDAA2013.
We have no idea how his signatures got onto these bills.
And you cannot accuse Obama for anything done by anybody working for the executive branch because he knew nothing. NOTHING.
Obama is totally innocent of all the police state business because how dare you.

So there, nonlinear thinking hypocrisy....

Date: June 17, 2013 03:01AM
The US Government and military protects its citizens in many ways that you do not believe in
or have the stomach for max. . . . So be it. *(:>* It is a moot point that your hysterical ranting
will not change. Try selling lottery tickets to Hezbollah and Iran while aiding China to hasten the
extinction of Elephants

devil smiley

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: June 17, 2013 03:35AM
haikuman
The US Government and military protects its citizens in many ways that you do not believe in
or have the stomach for max. . . . So be it.
Oh, right, we need to be spied on for own protection.
We need to be locked up for our own safety.

That little meltdown paints pretty good picture of what you are, hman.
That is the argument used by every dictator and despot to justify oppression of its own people.
Al-Assad, uses the same words in Syria to justify his rule:
"Government and military protects its citizens in many ways that you do not believe in"

Oh, wait, you have expressed the same sentiments....
We had no idea you were an advocate for Syrian style national socialism, hman.

Do you Sieg Heil your favorite dictator, too?....
Date: June 17, 2013 10:19AM

[www.youtube.com]

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: June 17, 2013 01:34PM
haikuman

enough said....

Date: June 17, 2013 02:34PM
max
haikuman

enough said....

You are not in Kansas any more Dorothy banghead smiley

enuff said *(:>*

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: June 17, 2013 06:51PM
haikuman
That is the argument used by every dictator and despot to justify oppression of its own people.
Al-Assad, uses the same words in Syria to justify his rule:
"Government and military protects its citizens in many ways that you do not believe in"
So why do you support Al-Assad's oppression of his own people and extrajudicial killings of his own citizens, hman?...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 06:54PM by max.
Date: June 17, 2013 10:31PM
haikuman
Mac-A-Matic
haikuman

Seems to me that you're the one offering hypocritical thinking. That Obama isn't the problem yet Bush was. The president of change has been continuing Bush-era programs and taking them further.

Actually, I'm disappointed in you. I expected you to respond with an actual position and some sort of reasoning behind your stance that "Obama is not the problem" yet you resort to $tevie-like responses.
Date: June 18, 2013 12:56AM
Mac-A-Matic
haikuman
Mac-A-Matic
haikuman

Seems to me that you're the one offering hypocritical thinking. That Obama isn't the problem yet Bush was. The president of change has been continuing Bush-era programs and taking them further.

Actually, I'm disappointed in you. I expected you to respond with an actual position and some sort of reasoning behind your stance that "Obama is not the problem" yet you resort to $tevie-like responses.

I am sorry I disappoint you, I am also a little disappointed by your constant comparison of a president spawned in nepotism and old boy school politics. Sad to say George Bush was the lamest president we have ever had in modern times. Perhaps you can join max supporting Hezbollah, Iran,
the Syrian dictator Assad, China and the thuggish leader of Russia.

When you have something sensible to say instead why are you like you are and why aren't you like me
let me know.

We can have some intelligent discourse perhaps *(:>*

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2013 01:01AM by haikuman.
Date: June 18, 2013 08:06AM
haikuman
I am sorry I disappoint you, I am also a little disappointed by your constant comparison of a president spawned in nepotism and old boy school politics. Sad to say George Bush was the lamest president we have ever had in modern times. Perhaps you can join max supporting Hezbollah, Iran,
the Syrian dictator Assad, China and the thuggish leader of Russia.

When you have something sensible to say instead why are you like you are and why aren't you like me
let me know.

We can have some intelligent discourse perhaps *(:>*

A president spawned in nepotism compared to one spawned on what exactly? For all the hoopla we've heard over the past six or seven years, he's hardly been the stand-up, take a stand person he purported himself to be. Personally speaking, I'm no fan of George W. Bush. However, I'm not seeing much of substance in our current president either.

You've made the claim that "Barack Obama is not the problem." Yet when challenged, you offer no reason to support your statement. I didn't think you were one of those "it's all Bush's fault" types, yet you're coming off as $tevie et al.

Not too long ago, everyone was lauding the president for killing Osama Bin Laden. Everyone was more than willing to award Obama the credit for that. Now, two years later when privacy and surveillance has really become a mess and Obama is on television defending that invasion, citing "transparency" and "legality", he is not the problem? That when something goes right, you give Obama all the credit but when something goes wrong, it's someone else's fault (perhaps even a former president five years removed)?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 86
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020