advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Say, how's the registration/sign-up site for Obamacare doing?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 16, 2014 08:56AM
I haven't heard a thing one way or the other about the sign-up site for Obamacare lately. Did they get it fixed? Is it easy to use for most folks? How long does the process take nowadays?

Is the 'greatest government internet disaster in the history of mankind', just a faded political memory of the past?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2014 09:01AM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Say, how's the registration/sign-up site for Obamacare doing?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 16, 2014 09:17AM
Registration closed some months ago. Didn't you get the memo ? A huge warehouse filled with H1B visa holders from the SubContinent are slaving away at computers trying to set things up for 2015's Open Enrollment process.

To quote Indiana Jones and the Ark of the Covenant...
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 16, 2014 09:55AM
I believe they failed to reach the enrollment goal by negative a million or something.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 16, 2014 10:46AM
Lux Interior
I believe they failed to reach the enrollment goal by negative a million or something.

The site still sucked, IMHO. But that's what you get when you have a bunch of politicians screwing with your requirements throughout the process.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: July 16, 2014 02:57PM
Under the ACA, the fraction of people remaining uninsured has fallen significantly, particularly in the states that did not resist the program. The rough estimate is around 11 million people who didn't have insurance before and are now insured. That includes a certain number of younger people put onto their parents' insurance:

[www.motherjones.com]

If this is a one million enrollee failure, then it is still within 8 percentage points of the original guestimate of new enrollment. It's certainly favorable to the rollouts of Medicare and Social Security. We may expect plenty of new enrollees when the next open enrollment period opens.

In the meanwhile, there has been a drop by about a fourth in the number of people who used to be uninsured and are no longer. As political opposition to the ACA dwindles (which it appears to be doing), we can expect the numbers to fall further.
Posted by: neophyte
Date: July 16, 2014 04:02PM
As far as the website sign-up process, I'll let you know in a few weeks. My COBRA ends August 31 and I want continuing coverage without a gap. I imagine it will run smoothly because there will be fewer sign-ups in progress.
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: July 16, 2014 05:59PM
The biggest complaint I'm hearing is that many popular plans are not accepted at both private and public hospitals where the admins are making sweetheart deals with Blue Cross to exclude smaller companies.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 18, 2014 04:07PM
It worked great for me. I now have insurance again after my old company dumped me for trying to collect on an illness after paying my premiums for 23 years.
Posted by: max
Date: July 19, 2014 08:24AM
Chakravartin
The biggest complaint I'm hearing is that many popular plans are not accepted at both private and public hospitals where the admins are making sweetheart deals with Blue Cross to exclude smaller companies.
Dennis S
...my old company dumped me for trying to collect on an illness after paying my premiums for 23 years.

The rubber is hitting the road....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 61
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020