advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Rice: No memory of CIA warning of attack
Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: October 02, 2006 01:19PM
My favorite passage:

"I don't know that this meeting took place, but what I really don't know, what I'm quite certain of, is that it was not a meeting in which I was told there was an impending attack and I refused to respond," Rice said.

Either you don't know OR you are quite certain. Which is it? It can't be both.

[news.yahoo.com]

Strength without compassion is brutality. Compassion without strength is weakness.

We must train our minds to desire what the situation demands.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Rice: No memory of CIA warning of attack
Posted by: incognegro
Date: October 02, 2006 02:07PM
she's channeling Ronald "I don't recall" Reagan.

pre-Alzheimer's?
Posted by: JoeM
Date: October 02, 2006 02:34PM
This should get interesting. Snow is spinning like crazy already but hasn't even finished the book yet.

JoeM
Posted by: SteveO
Date: October 02, 2006 05:00PM
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt...
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 02, 2006 05:07PM
incognegro
she's channeling Ronald "I don't recall" Reagan.

pre-Alzheimer's?

That's the first thing that came to my mind this morning while listening to the news.

Grateful11
Posted by: JoeH
Date: October 02, 2006 06:58PM
The more that has come out about the handover from the Clinton administration to the Bush administration, it is becoming obvious the Bush people came in with the attitude they could not be told anything by the Clinton office holders. So they nodded their heads and heard nothing they did not want to hear. I suspect someone could have told them there was a bomb under the White House and they would not have paid attention because of the source. Rice's statements are just more examples of this.

Posted by: DP
Date: October 02, 2006 07:38PM
Gee, Effin, after reading a few of your posts, am I correct in thinking you're not a fan of the Bush administration?
Date: October 02, 2006 08:32PM
You are correct sir!

Not a fan really of any administration since Nixon - and I am sure there were plenty of scumbags in office before then, I just don't remember them as well.

But my living history only goes back to the Kennedy administration - and I can only remember some things about Johnson while he was in office.

But I loathe the Bush group the most, as they are the most vile and arrogant POS I have come across so far.

Not to mention the constant crap that the Bushies keep spewing in defense of their leader on these forums requires some rebuttal to their ignorant rantings and lame excuses for him.

For the record, if the Dems were in office, I would be ranting about them as well, at this point in my life, I don't have much respect for most politicians, Bush just happens to be in the crosshairs for now, and given that he and his have promoted themselves to such extremes as the keepers of morals and ethics while proclaiming anyone who differs in opinion are unpatriotic or freedom haters only makes me more eager to see them gone.

It just sucks that we are basically limited to selecting the least of 2 evils in a person who will be the President of our country. We were a nation that was well respected by most of the world, and now we are the most loathed.

Bush wasn't the origin of what is wrong with our country, just the most prolific at making sure it continues for the next few generations to suffer and pay for it.

Strength without compassion is brutality. Compassion without strength is weakness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2006 08:41PM by Effin Haole.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 06, 2006 12:39AM
With the exception of a vague memory of the Eisenhower years and a vivid memory of both the Kennedy and Johnson years Effen could have ghost-written the above statement of conscience for me.

I may just plagerize it.

"Who's more foolish - the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi
Date: October 06, 2006 11:40AM
Feel free! Now for the small print...

Disclaimer:

The author, Effin Haole, of this statement accepts no responsibility for damages resulting from the use of this product and makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This statement is provided "AS IS", and you, its user, assume all risks when using it.

Use it, Modify it, even claim it for your own or charge others money for it including the cost of the media to deliver it.

Use at your own risk. It is provided for your enjoyment and neither Effin Haole nor his assigns provides any warranty for it. I'd like to hear feedback on how it works on your system or if you find it useful.

Posted by: Seacrest
Date: October 06, 2006 04:50PM
I don't remember the sixties.

I am not Ryan Seacrest, and I do not approve this message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020