Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"American tourist killed as Palestinians unleash attacks in Israel"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 08, 2016 02:02PM
Ongoing terror attacks.
[www.cbsnews.com]
Palestinian attackers unleashed multiple assaults on Israeli civilians and police on Tuesday, including an attack in the ancient Mediterranean port city of Jaffa in which an assailant stabbed seven people, killing one man and wounding the others before he was shot and killed, police said.

Israeli police later said the man stabbed to death in Jaffa stabbing was American tourist.

CBS News correspondent Margaret Brennan reports that the attacker was a 22-year-old man from the West Bank. So far it does not appear that he was affiliated with any terror group.

The attack took place as Biden was meeting with former Israeli President Shimon Peres nearby, at the Peres Center for Peace in Jaffa.

It was the latest bloodshed in more than five months of near-daily Palestinian assaults on civilians and security forces that show no sign of abating. Along with the Jaffa assailant, three other Palestinian attackers in Tuesday's assaults were shot and killed by Israeli security forces.

"I notified the vice president on the terrible incident that took place just a few hundred meters away from here in Jaffa," Peres said.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "American tourist killed as Palestinians unleash attacks in Israel"
Date: March 08, 2016 02:08PM
In other attacks Tuesday, a Palestinian opened fire at the police near Jerusalem's Old City in the late afternoon, wounding an officer before fleeing the scene.

In the chase that followed, the Palestinian wounded another officer before he was shot and killed, police said.

A short while before that, a Palestinian followed an Israeli into a store and stabbed him in the neck in the central city of Petah Tikvah before he was shot and killed.

Earlier in the day, a Palestinian woman in her 50s who tried to stab Israeli security forces was shot and killed by officers, also in Jerusalem's Old City, police said. No Israelis were wounded in that attack
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 08, 2016 02:09PM
He was an Israeli, correct? Because there is no Palestine, right?
Date: March 08, 2016 02:10PM
btfc
He was an Israeli, correct? Because there is no Palestine, right?

You seem to be confused. The terror continues.
Date: March 08, 2016 02:13PM
No, I'm not confused at all, either about Israel's apartheid or your continuous racist and bigoted posting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 02:39PM by btfc.
Posted by: billb
Date: March 08, 2016 02:30PM
"It was the latest in a wave of Palestinian attacks that have killed 28 Israelis, mostly in shootings, stabbings and assaults with cars. At least 174 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire during that time. "

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 08, 2016 02:43PM
Refugee populations who are segregated from their host country and put in hopeless socio-economic conditions often rise up violently. History is filled with such revolts. Israel's relationship with their conquered territories and the resultant refugee population is one of the longest duration situation in modern history. I can only think of the situation of North American indigenous populations as being longer in duration. If my ancestor had been kept in servitude when he arrived in 1632, his descendants would be feeling uppity too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 02:43PM by cbelt3.
Date: March 08, 2016 02:45PM
btfc
No, I'm not confused at all, either about Israel's apartheid or your continuous racist and bigoted posting.

You are confusing me with someone else. I am in favor of a two state solution. I was disappointed (as I'm sure you were) when Arafat walked away from agreements twice and Abbas once. As well as the Palestinians odd failure to form their own state when the West Bank and Gaza were "Jew-free' from 1948-1967.

I don't see how you can label my concern about cold-blooded murder attempts as racist or bigoted. You seem to be implying that is okay to kill Jews for some convenient reason. That is racist and bigoted.
Date: March 08, 2016 03:02PM
"You seem to be implying that is okay to kill Jews"

Where exactly did I do that, racist?

You seem to be implying that only Jews are real Israelis.
Date: March 08, 2016 03:07PM
cbelt3
Refugee populations who are segregated from their host country and put in hopeless socio-economic conditions often rise up violently. History is filled with such revolts. Israel's relationship with their conquered territories and the resultant refugee population is one of the longest duration situation in modern history. I can only think of the situation of North American indigenous populations as being longer in duration. If my ancestor had been kept in servitude when he arrived in 1632, his descendants would be feeling uppity too.

Sounds great, if you ignore the Arafat and Abbas walk-aways and other attempts at setting up a Palestinian state.
The Israelis went into the West Bank and Gaza when faced with the THIRD major war to destroy them on the part of the Arab nations. There is no excuse for this continuing series of cold-blooded murder attempts by individuals and shootings, violent rioting, mass rocketings and tunnel invasions by organized terror groups.

Your historical examples are inappropriate and inaccurate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 03:09PM by Steve G..
Date: March 08, 2016 03:13PM
btfc

You seem to be implying that only Jews are real Israelis.

I'm reporting that Jews are the targets of these murderers and you are saying that calling it bad is somehow bigoted and racist.

And since you seem to fancy yourself some kind of expert on these matters. Can you tell me why Arafat and Abbas have each walked away from a finalized peace agreement which would have yielded a state for the Palestinians?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 03:17PM by Steve G..
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 08, 2016 03:59PM
G-

I'll diffidently disagree. In fact the parallels are there if you take a view that is not as aggressively one sided as yours appears to be.

Remember the attempts at setting up larger 'reservations' for American Indians ? And how the rejection of those by tribal groups (because they wanted ALL the land back, dammit) became Casus Belli for the operations resulting in things like the Trail of Tears, and further restrictions and reductions in 'reservations' ?

Reality is always relative. From the perspective of the conqueror, it's the conquered's 'fault' that they are in the situation they are now. Quite the opposite for the conquered.

Do I celebrate the current random knife-bearing Intifadah ? No. I don't. I mourn the deaths of those attacked, as well as the hopelessness and meaningless deaths of their attackers.

Nor do I celebrate the hopelessness of any refugee society, the Palestinians included.

Steve, it's quite possible for a person to wish for hope for the Palestinian people, and NOT be an 'Anti Semite'. I would hope you have the same hopes. Because peace for the Palestinians means peace for the Israelis as well. At least in that channel.

Ed: why did Arafat and Abbas walk away ? I'd point at interference from third parties like freaking Iran.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 04:00PM by cbelt3.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 08, 2016 04:13PM
> ...if you take a view that is not as aggressively one sided as yours appears to be.

That's not going to happen in our lifetime. smiley-signs006

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: March 08, 2016 06:23PM
cbelt3
Ed: why did Arafat and Abbas walk away ? I'd point at interference from third parties like freaking Iran.

Exactly how do you think that happened? Did Iran threaten to invade the new State of Palestine?

I'd love to see two states living side by side. One day, the Palestinians are going to negotiate an agreement and not back out.
Date: March 08, 2016 06:32PM
btfc

I'm sure you'd like me to join you in celebrating the martyrdom of the jihads who recently struck hard at Imperialism, Zionists and Crusaders in San Bernadino. Not cheering their cause is obviously racist and bigoted to you.
I choose not to join you.
Date: March 08, 2016 06:41PM

Date: March 08, 2016 06:48PM
btfc

As I above, because only Jews are targeted in these attacks and you think the attacks are just peachy. Of course, the American West Point graduate slain today was probably not Jewish...but he was American, that's close enough for your poor oppressed heroes from Hamas.

The American was identified as Taylor Force, 29, a student at the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University, the school said in a statement. He was on a school trip to Israel to study entrepreneurship and Israeli start-up companies. His LinkedIn profile said Mr. Force had served as an Army officer from 2009 to 2014, including tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was a graduate of West Point.

...Luba Samri, a police spokeswoman, said 12 others were injured before the attacker was shot dead by the police. The assailant was identified as Bashar Masalha, a 22-year-old Palestinian from the West Bank and a member of the Islamist group Hamas, the group said in a statement posted on Twitter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 06:50PM by Steve G..
Date: March 08, 2016 06:52PM
Dishonest and racist.
Date: March 08, 2016 07:01PM
btfc
Dishonest and racist.
Please explain how stopping active attacks on Israeli Jews is racist. (You can't, can you?)
Date: March 08, 2016 07:11PM
Sure bigot boy, once you answer MY question. You can't can you? You are just reading things into my statement that aren't there. Because that is what racists do. Lying about what I said just further illustrates how unhinged you can become.
Date: March 08, 2016 07:14PM
btfc
Sure bigot boy, once you answer MY question. You can't can you? You are just reading things into my statement that aren't there. Because that is what racists do. Lying about what I said just further illustrates how unhinged you can become.
Thanks for the explanation.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: March 08, 2016 07:17PM
This is getting ridiculous Steve. Mac users and members of MRF are largely sympathetic to Jewish causes. Yet that doesn't seem to be enough for you. You seem to be intent on spamming this forum with your own propaganda routine. We are all sick of it. I personally like you, but you have serious issues. I and most others around here wouldn't mind seeing you take a vacation from the forum. Your behavior is not welcomed.
Date: March 08, 2016 07:18PM
cbelt3
G-
Remember the attempts at setting up larger 'reservations' for American Indians ? And how the rejection of those by tribal groups (because they wanted ALL the land back, dammit) became Casus Belli for the operations resulting in things like the Trail of Tears, and further restrictions and reductions in 'reservations' ?

Nice story, but don't you have it backwards? The Indians, forcibly exiled from their homeland by a great imperial power and kept away by armed force for centuries, finally manage to regain a part of their North American land. They are then condemned by anti-Indian bigots who resent them wanting to live on their ancestral lands.

[edit] Sorry forgot this>: The indians accomodate up to 20% of their population of the White Americans who chose to live there. In the whit American area, all the Indians are instantly murdered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 07:23PM by Steve G..
Date: March 08, 2016 07:35PM
Carnos Jax
This is getting ridiculous Steve. Mac users and members of MRF are largely sympathetic to Jewish causes. .

Let's see, the last thread I posted about these Palestinian murder attacks was 23 days ago and you go nuts?
I'm sorry if you don't like my threads on the Oxford Labour Youth being denounced by their own party...or your confusing my criticism of the Iranian deal (so despised by most Sunni Arabs), but they are valid topics and as I pointed out, my last stabbing/shooting mention was 23 days ago. You seem to be the one getting carried away. (Would putting your posts on an ill-defined quota be good?)
Date: March 08, 2016 07:47PM
How long ago was it that you disrespected and insulted the entire forum by dragging your crap over to the other side?
Date: March 08, 2016 08:46PM
@ Carnos Jax

I don't want to impose, but I would like you to join me in a project. This forum has been absolutely choked for week upon week upon week with obsessive posts about this 'Trump person'. I'd like you to join me in reproving, admonishing and otherwise embarrassing these 'Trump people' into leaving the forum to find some other place to rant and rave about their pet prejudices.

You can PM me about this. I'd hate to think anyone would be under the impression we ganging up on them for topics in which they hold a personal interest.

@btfc
The killing of the American tourist has been the second-most viewed topic on Google News for some time now. I think you should send them a stern note. All 50 million of them.
Date: March 08, 2016 08:56PM
Iran fires ballistic missiles, U.S. hints at diplomatic response.
[www.reuters.com]

Oh, dear, my rabid and bigoted anti-Iran nuke deal responses seem to have provoked the Revolutionary Guard into firing multiple missiles defying the sanctions. We all hope the peaceful Iranians will not become subject to UN and U.S. punishments for their totally appropriate response to my disapproval.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 08:56PM by Steve G..
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: March 08, 2016 09:06PM
You are not doing yourself any favors by continuing this dialogue.
Date: March 08, 2016 09:13PM
Maybe you should confine your remarks to the subject and not your personal grudges.
Date: March 08, 2016 09:25PM
Yeah, I'm sure you start these threads based on your sympathy and concern for ALL the victims of the horrible violence in the Middle East, and this is not just more of your usual race baiting.
Date: March 08, 2016 10:38PM
Someone was interested in the subject of this thread for it to be featured on every networks newscasts today. (As well as the wave of interest on Google News). I'm sorry you disagree. There didn't seem to be much interest when I posted about the 270,000 people mercilessly slaughtered in Syria. I'm surprised you haven't mentioned anything about the millions displaced, wounded and killed in that horrific 5 year massacre.

[added]
And any time I've tried to post about happenings in sub-Saharan Africa, it wasn't even greeted by a yawn. So thanks for your warm-hearted concern for the difficulties facing humanity.
Most of the focus seems to be on the Trump person's struggles with his sexuality, which I'm sure is MUCH more interesting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 11:05PM by Steve G..
Posted by: Wild eep
Date: March 09, 2016 12:12AM
Wow.
Date: March 09, 2016 09:28AM
Wednesday:

Israel: 2 Palestinians carry out shootings in Jerusalem
Published March 09, 2016 Associated Press
JERUSALEM – Israeli police say two Palestinian gunmen who carried out shootings in Jerusalem were shot and killed by police. One Palestinian man was shot and seriously wounded by the gunmen, police say.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld says initially, passengers on a bus spotted the two gunmen and heard shots fired. A motorist responded by shooting toward the suspects, who fled by car. Police began searching for the gunmen's vehicle. When it approached one that matched the description, shots were fired from the vehicle toward other cars. Police officers shot and killed the two gunmen outside Jerusalem's Old City.

The incident follows a rash of Palestinian assaults on Tuesday, including a stabbing spree that killed an American student near where Vice President Joe Biden was meeting with Israel's former president.
Date: March 09, 2016 10:06AM
JERUSALEM (AP) -- Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday criticized Palestinians for a "failure to condemn" a stabbing spree that killed an American student and war veteran the day before, after Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' political party posted a statement online praising the stabber.
--
Abbas' Fatah party posted a cartoon on its Twitter account of a hand holding a knife over a map of Israel and the Palestinian territories, and calling the Palestinian stabber from Tuesday's attack a "hero" and "martyr."
Posted by: Manlove
Date: March 10, 2016 07:52AM
Steve G. you are utterly obsessed. No one here wants to see killings from either side of this conflict. Yet you, in only ever posting details and defending the Israeli angle, have convinced yourself that anyone who is able to see the other side, you know, the side that is causing half the world to condemn Israeli aggression and the stealing of Palestinian territories, is anti-Semitic.
That is pretty much the definition of a bigot. Someone unable and more to the point, unwilling, to listen to anything that challenges their deeply held beliefs, beliefs being the operative word, because factually, a lot more Palestinians have died or been displaced as a result of Israeli land grabs and policies than have Israelis due to the Palestinians.

The world, and history are not on your side. They see that Israel has a right to exist, but not at the expense of the lives and the land of the Palestinians.
Date: March 10, 2016 12:11PM
@manlove
I want to see a Palestinian and Israeli state living side by side. presumably with democracies in both.
I think Netanyahu's government and its policies should be rejected by Israeli voters.
I also don't think people have a right to stab, shoot, and ram cars into bus stops to 'express themselves'.
You must accept the fact that the Palestinians and their genocidal Arab allies have tried to exterminate the Jews of Israel with large armies, tens of thousands of rockets and terror since at least 1948. They have blown it, yet that does not stop Iran from firing ballistic missiles two days ago with 'Death To Israel' written on them.
You should be directing your comments for a peaceful negotiation to the Palestinians. (When's the last time the British/European Left did that, by the way?) The Israelis would not even be in the West Bank if they had not had Arab armies massed against them for murder in 1967. They would not be there if Arafat and Abbas had not walked away from the two-state agreements you obviously favor.

But let's get back to the main point. You are defending the actions of incidents such as this:
On the afternoon of 22 May 2013, a British Army soldier, Fusilier Lee Rigby of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, was attacked and killed by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale near the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich, southeast London. Rigby was off duty and walking along Wellington Street when he was attacked. Adebolajo and Adebowale ran him down with a car, then used knives and a cleaver to stab and hack him to death. The men dragged Rigby's body into the road and remained at the scene until police arrived. They told passers-by that they had killed a soldier to avenge the killing of Muslims by the British armed forces.
Go ahead, tell me that this act was okay with you. You accept the same rational for the recent wave of Palestinian attacks.

While trying to exorcise the ghost of colonial guilt, you should instead be writing to Mahmoud Abbas. He's easy to find, he's in the 10th year of his 4 year president term. Perhaps if the Palestinians had a working democracy instead of old-fashioned mono-parties ruling them, it would be easier to achieve peace?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2016 12:12PM by Steve G..
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 10, 2016 01:02PM
26-year-old beachfront busker crushed his guitar over the head of a terrorist Tuesday night on the Tel Aviv-Jaffa promenade.

“Guitar Hero” Yishay Montgomery’s 15 minutes of fame may end soon, but for now he just wants to sleep.

The 26-year-old beachfront busker who crushed his guitar over the head of a terrorist the previous night on the Tel Aviv-Jaffa promenade said Wednesday morning he’d hardly slept since because he’d been busy fielding call after call from reporters and loved ones, as well as being stopped by random people on the street.

Returning on Wednesday to the scene of Tuesday night’s attack, Montgomery was carrying a brand new 12-string “Guild” acoustic guitar he was given minutes earlier by the Halilit music store a few doors down. An employee said they had decided to reward his heroism (and a little product placement couldn’t hurt).

Montgomery was also given a guitar by rocker Aviv Geffen and is now the subject of a GoFundMe page that is collecting money to replace his guitar or, it now seems, to buy a storage space for all the replacement guitars that keep coming in.
[www.jpost.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020