advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
U.S. Central Command says they have video of Iran re: oil tanker
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 13, 2019 09:56PM
Says they removed an unexploded mine.

Iran says WTF we didn’t do any of that mess.

It appears we may now have the desired excuse to escalate this. And right on time, as Trump launches his official campaign. Anyone got a “satellite picture showing trucks moving WMD” to share?

[www.washingtonpost.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: U.S. Central Command says they have video of Iran re: oil tanker
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 13, 2019 10:12PM
deckeda
Iran says WTF we didn’t do any of that mess.

That's usually enough for 45 to say "and I believe them".
Date: June 13, 2019 10:36PM
"Says they removed an unexploded mine."

The story is still fresh so details will take time. CBS news reported that the Iranian boat took off with the unexplored mine thereby making off with any evidence. If so this could be a smoking gun of sorts especially if the US has film.

I think we are still in the Fog of War stage where important details will take time to surface and the news we do hear will not be accurate.

D & C

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2019 10:38PM by Dazed & Confused (Mobile).
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 13, 2019 10:45PM
It's important to get to the truth of this. The House intelligence committee should make it a priority to find out what the intelligence community really thinks about who is doing what.

e pluribus unum
Date: June 13, 2019 10:49PM
And they are heavily relying on that fog to not clear until we’re comfortably at war again.

None of this passes the sniff test. How would Iran attack a ship to discourage us and then say, hey man we didn’t do it. How does that work? They only want “those in the know” to know? Why?

Isn’t the whole point of retaliating against the U.S. to take credit for it, so that the U.S. knows it?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 14, 2019 12:19AM
deckeda
Isn’t the whole point of retaliating against the U.S. to take credit for it, so that the U.S. knows it?

The whole point is that various interested parties now have an excuse to raise oil prices and trade arms under the premise of a pending war.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 14, 2019 06:32AM

Melania's got her Gucci boots all picked out.
Posted by: max
Date: June 14, 2019 06:40AM
deckeda
Nope, it is not to take credit, the credit will be given.
It is not America out there, the Big Game is not played for simple minded naifs...

deckeda
How would Iran attack a ship to discourage us and then say, hey man we didn’t do it. How does that work? They only want “those in the know” to know? Why?
Yep, the legal netherland of Middle East, reminding us that the Persian Empire is still somebody, still an indispensable factor, yet without any legal hook we can hang our 7th fleet on....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 14, 2019 08:44AM
Saddam was just saber-rattling, but The Haliburton Regent gladly accepted the cover.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 14, 2019 09:06AM
I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but times have changed -

What proof is there that it is an Iranian gunboat and not US Special Ops working under Presidential orders?

I want unbroken video tracking the boat from the ship back to an Iranian port, and even then I have some doubts. It seems pretty convenient that a US plane just happened to be filming the ship when a fully loaded Iranian gunboat would pull up in daylight to remove the mine, all but waving a flag and mooning the camera.

Who is likely to be stupider - the Iranians for returning to the scene of the crime, or the American public for accepting this unquestionably?

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 14, 2019 09:12AM
I miss clarity of communication. This administration specializes in the fog of propaganda and lies.

Could the damage have come from undetected mines ? The waters in that area have been heavily mined over the years. Heck, I worked on a project in the 90's to build up a fleet of minesweepers for the Saudis. It's totally believable that mines run adrift and are wandering around all the time.
Date: June 14, 2019 09:15AM
The “American public” will be the answer there.

We need the space of time for the intelligence leaks to verify what the military is claiming.

But Trump is reliably and predictably already on Full Alert Emergency Status, You Bet. So the bullets and bombs are due any time now. He just need to gauge if there’s blowback sufficient to slow it and prevent the Easy button from being pressed.
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 14, 2019 09:17AM
I think 45 is a coward. I doubt he’d pull the trigger unless Faux News tells him to.
Date: June 14, 2019 09:46AM
So I watched the video. I’m not convinced crappy video depicting turban-wearing dudes on a boat = “Iranians”.

Congress has better demand better before authorizing a CENT for whatever he wants to do.
Date: June 14, 2019 10:00AM
deckeda
So I watched the video. I’m not convinced crappy video depicting turban-wearing dudes on a boat = “Iranians”.

Congress has better demand better before authorizing a CENT for whatever he wants to do.

In Trumpworld, Congress doesn't matter anymore. If he wants to go to war with Iran he'll just declare an emergency of some kind or another and take money from some program the Democrats favor and the a few Republicans will wring their hands a bit and off we go. That said, I don't think Trump actually wants a war with Iran. Unfortunately, he can easily let himself get manipulated into one, though. Hopefully, this will be one instance where what little sense he has left prevails.

e pluribus unum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2019 10:01AM by Ted King.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 14, 2019 10:02AM
sekker
I think 45 is a coward. I doubt he’d pull the trigger unless Faux News tells him to.

His cowardice isn’t an issue here. HE’S not personally going into physical danger. He can direct others to do that (they’re “losers” anyway if they didn’t avoid military service as he did.)
Date: June 14, 2019 10:14AM
Ted King
deckeda

In Trumpworld, Congress doesn't matter anymore. If he wants to go to war with Iran he'll just declare an emergency of some kind or another and take money from some program the Democrats favor and the a few Republicans will wring their hands a bit and off we go. That said, I don't think Trump actually wants a war with Iran. Unfortunately, he can easily let himself get manipulated into one, though. Hopefully, this will be one instance where what little sense he has left prevails.

Wars require far more cash than moving a few accounting ledgers around can accomplish. He can declare whatever he wants but without Congress and to some extent the public behind it, his upcoming war will fizzle just like everything else he’s apart of.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 14, 2019 10:23AM
I don't think Putin will allow him to start a war with Iran. I am a little surprised they allowed the sanctions. Maybe it's only enough sanctions to drive oil prices up for Rosneft...

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: June 14, 2019 10:49AM
We need a deep fake video zooming in on the 'Iranian boat' to show John Bolton's face removing the mine.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: June 14, 2019 11:11AM
President Trump wants a legacy, and that is saying to his adoring minions that he has kept his promises. So far he has 1 1/4 - the tax cut and the battle for a wall. One of his election promises was to not get into any conflicts outside of a direct attack on the US, so I don't think he'll bite and go to war with Iran. He wants to be able to tell the voters going into the 2020 election that he is keeping his promises. It's partially an ego thing. Though Bolton and Pompeo are making it difficult for him to keep that promise.
Date: June 14, 2019 11:13AM
I keep reading how neither side wants a war, how “few” think provocation will come, while in the same breath an accidental escalation is imminent.

Are we that effing stupid to think we can’t control what WE do? I just love how “no one” can figure out how to not bomb people. GOP leadership is nonexistent.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: June 14, 2019 11:18AM
Steve G.
We need a deep fake video zooming in on the 'Iranian boat' to show John Bolton's face removing the mine.

If we're going to that much trouble, just make one showing him placing the mine.
Date: June 14, 2019 11:42AM
deckeda
Ted King
deckeda

Wars require far more cash than moving a few accounting ledgers around can accomplish. He can declare whatever he wants but without Congress and to some extent the public behind it, his upcoming war will fizzle just like everything else he’s apart of.

Yeah, I was too glib about just being able to move money around to fund a longer conflict with Iran. But, he could start one and pay for it that way for awhile and then dare Congress to "not support the troops" by allocating funds. I'm hoping, though, that Trump is still skeptical of this kind of involvement so that he manages to not go to war with them.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 14, 2019 12:50PM
What were those ships doing in the Gulf of Tonkin in the first place?
Date: June 14, 2019 03:07PM
WMD-Weapons of Marine Destruction
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 14, 2019 04:37PM
War expenses were off-budget for Afghanistan and the Iraq war until Obama, right?. Just take the charge directly against the national debt now then blame the illegals using benefits later.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020