advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
This is kind of embarrassing. Anyone watching the debate tonight?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 30, 2019 04:48PM
I've seen no mention of anyone planning to watch the first squad Democratic candidates debate tonight. I'm debating it myself. the last ones didn't do much for me.

Anyone planning to watch them?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: This is kind of embarrassing. Anyone watching the debate tonight?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 30, 2019 04:50PM
Dates: Tuesday, July 30 & Wednesday, July 31
Time: 8 to 10 p.m. ET

How to watch the second 2020 Democratic debate

TV broadcast: CNN
Free online stream: CNN.com, CNN apps, or on fuboTV - start a free trial
Additional coverage: Watch CBSN for live coverage of the debates before, during and after
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 30, 2019 05:24PM
I'll watch. The secret is to have some games on the smart phone or tablet in your lap, on mute, which will entertain you during dull parts should they occur while still allowing you to listen.

Posted by: vision63
Date: July 30, 2019 06:00PM
I didn't watch the first ones. I really don't care who wins ('cept for Bernie and Gillibrand, but I'll support them if'n they get the nod). I'm already set to vote for Kamala but I didn't like her picking on Biden. I've given money to most of the nominees to honor the PROCESS. I'm completely uninterested in any of their anger or upset. I'm also not interested in any of their ambitions or promises.

Win first muthaphucka. The most vague candidate will win this. Then just do what makes sense. Stop kissing the public's butts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2019 06:04PM by vision63.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 30, 2019 06:08PM
I pre-voted for v63, was that wrong? What if he’s not nominated?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 30, 2019 06:18PM
I won't be watching. My take on Biden still being in the race is because 45-TV viewers think he's the least objectionable (most racist).

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 30, 2019 06:41PM
I'll be watching and yes multi-tasking. I missed therapy this week but Marianne Williamson will be on so that should cover it.
Date: July 30, 2019 07:02PM
deckeda
I pre-voted for v63, was that wrong? What if he’s not nominated?

Thank you for your support. One America. Update coming soon.
Date: July 30, 2019 07:10PM
Watching now. It's like an episode of Star Search, America's Got Talent or Showtime At The Apollo...

D & C
Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 30, 2019 07:25PM
i listen (TuneIn app) rather than watch. helps me to hear them without visual distraction.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 30, 2019 07:42PM
I'll wait until they weed it down to 3 dozen or so candidates.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: July 30, 2019 08:13PM
Lively so far!

Moderators trying to enforce time limits has given me the most laughs so far…

=wr=
Date: July 30, 2019 08:54PM
I’m not a Bernie fan but he’s killing it tonight.

I can’t wait until the bottom tier candidates are gone. There are too many people on that stage. It’s absurd.

Date: July 30, 2019 09:00PM
Agree. He's also working hard to make nice with "Elizabeth."

Really did not like Klobuchar's answer on race. She sounded like a Republican, I guess that's why she gets so many GOP voters.

Hate the split screen format where I have to watch one candidate waving and gesticulating while the other talks.
Date: July 30, 2019 09:04PM
"So called Christian Republican Senators..."

tell 'em Pete!
Date: July 30, 2019 09:05PM
John Delaney:
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 30, 2019 09:07PM
The Republican primary debates for 2016 were a clown car at this stage, too. (I'll leave the requisite follow-up joke as an exercise for the reader.)
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: July 30, 2019 09:37PM
There just seems to be no point to pay attention to a debate at this point. I also keep ignoring the pleas for money from so many candidates. Its time to slim this race down so we can get down to seriously debating the finer points of healthcare and guns...more importantly, who can beat the Orange Menace.

Worse yet today was to get a plea from billionaire Steyer for $1 so he could join the race and qualify for the next debate.....yeah, we need another candidate.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 30, 2019 10:44PM
Reading The Steep Approach to Garbadale and thoroughly enjoying it. Unfortunately the Scottish author, Iain Banks, is some six years dead, so we'll no be seeing anything more from him.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 31, 2019 03:35AM
Markintosh
Worse yet today was to get a plea from billionaire Steyer for $1 so he could join the race and qualify for the next debate.....yeah, we need another candidate.

I sent billionaire Steyer $25. I like him but I doubt if he will get enough support to make the debate stage.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: July 31, 2019 02:33PM
Speedy
Markintosh

I sent billionaire Steyer $25. I like him but I doubt if he will get enough support to make the debate stage.

He really hates Trump and he's an impatient man who is used to getting his way in life. Trump winning of course ruined all of his work to stop the Keystone pipeline. He hath fury. Nobody is really talking about energy so I'm guessing that's why he's hell-bent on participating.
Date: July 31, 2019 05:01PM
Nobody is really talking about foreign policy, either. It's beginning to bug the hell out of me. I know it's not easy to come up with facile sound bites about Syria, Yemen, Cuba, Sudan, North Korea, etc. but I'm not seeing much of anything on the topic except from Warren, Sanders (who both managed to make it an economic issue of course), Buttigieg, and of all people Hickenlooper. And even then their opinions were a one-off, either a speech or an essay.

The media is happy to go along with pretending that whether or not we stay in Afghanistan is the only foreign policy that needs to be addressed.

Date: July 31, 2019 05:33PM
$tevie
Nobody is really talking about foreign policy, either. It's beginning to bug the hell out of me. I know it's not easy to come up with facile sound bites about Syria, Yemen, Cuba, Sudan, North Korea, etc. but I'm not seeing much of anything on the topic except from Warren, Sanders (who both managed to make it an economic issue of course), Buttigieg, and of all people Hickenlooper. And even then their opinions were a one-off, either a speech or an essay.

The media is happy to go along with pretending that whether or not we stay in Afghanistan is the only foreign policy that needs to be addressed.

I was cringing when Gov. Bullock tried to answer a question about No First Use policy and nuclear proliferation, he really botched it.
We're only hearing about foreign policy in the context of trade and immigration. Our failure to safeguard our elections against Russia and others is a foreign policy I'd like to hear a lot more about. The erosion of our long standing partnerships with our European allies is another.
Doesn't seem Trump has really done anything in the Middle East except appease the Saudis and move the embassy to Jerusalem and antagonize Iran.
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 01, 2019 02:22PM
Lemon Drop

Doesn't seem Trump has really done anything in the Middle East except appease the Saudis and move the embassy to Jerusalem and antagonize Iran.

Not to mention continuing to bang hard on the Syrians on the down low...
Date: August 03, 2019 01:17PM
Lemon Drop
$tevie

I was cringing when Gov. Bullock tried to answer a question about No First Use policy and nuclear proliferation, he really botched it.
We're only hearing about foreign policy in the context of trade and immigration. Our failure to safeguard our elections against Russia and others is a foreign policy I'd like to hear a lot more about. The erosion of our long standing partnerships with our European allies is another.

The last election suggests that being adept at the intricate, specific details of weaving a productive foreign policy doesn't win you the chip.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020