advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Wednesday: Saudi Defense Ministry to hold press event to show Iranian involvement in attacks
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 17, 2019 07:07PM
This should put Trump on the spot BIGLY.
(personal note, I root for neither side)

A Saudi Defense Ministry spokesman will hold a press conference on Wednesday to provide information about last week's attack on Aramco, state TV said early on Wednesday.

The conference will show evidence on Iran's involvement in the Aramco attacks, state TV added. It will also show Iranian weapons that were used in the attacks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2019 07:10PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wednesday: Saudi Defense Ministry to hold press event to show Iranian involvement in attacks
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 17, 2019 07:33PM
Steve G.
The conference will show evidence on Iran's involvement in the Aramco attacks, state TV added. It will also show Iranian weapons that were used in the attacks

The thing is, literally every non-governmental militant organization for a thousand miles uses Iranian weapons. And most of the governments, too.

They're arms dealers. Tracing the weapons back to Iran demonstrates nothing about Iranian involvement in the attack. Sure, they're tangentially responsible, in the same way that the U.S. is responsible for the atrocities in Yemen by selling weapons to the Saudis.

The Saudi's had better have more than that. The U.N. and E.U. certainly won't put any credence to a specious claim. Anyone stupid enough to believe that Iran did it solely on the basis of the origin of the weapons would have to be a total imbecile or madman or both. And what kind of country would ever put such a creature in office?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2019 07:37PM by Sarcany.
Re: Wednesday: Saudi Defense Ministry to hold press event to show Iranian involvement in attacks
Date: September 17, 2019 09:04PM
Sarcany,

It's not where the armaments were made but where they were launched from. I find it highly likely that the US has spy satellites over Iran 24/7 and were able to gather info on the drones and cruise missiles launched. Israel too. Don't think for a minute the Israel's don't have spy satellites and sharing the info with the US. Note I mentioned cruise missiles. I'm not 100% positive but I'd say low flying cruise missiles were launched to fly below the Saudis defense radar. Just a guess as the damage done seemed quite severe for the drone armament capacity. I'm no drone expert so anything is possible. Now of course the Iranians know they are being spyed upon so they would have done everything possible to mask the launches. But our satellites (& Israel) are pretty damn good. Trump got himself in a little trouble when he 'leaked' a photo of a failed Iranian missile launch a week or so ago. Hah! That was nothing compared to the detail of what those spy satellites are capable of. I know, I worked on them. And that was 20 years ago. The new ones must be amazing. Probably be able to read the serial numbers off the side of that failed missile. Yup, that good.

I find it also very likely that both Yemen and Iran launched drones and or missles. Now that's a guess. It would make it more believable to place the blame from Yemen.

Anyway, no matter the evidence Iran will deny it. The Houthis will attempt to take the credit as it makes them appear stronger then they are in their stalemated war with Saudi Arabia. Iran's dangerous game of disrupting the Gulf to have sanctions eased or removed will continue. Well, maybe, maybe not. Will there be a military retaliation or a diplomatic approach at the UN? Heck if I know, I'm still waiting for the NSA or Mossad to call me (just kidding if any of you work for the government). This will get interesting, history in the making.

Caught between a rock & a hard place; How to stop Iran from disrupting the world's oil supply without going to war with them? Lift sanctions? Oh c'mon, that makes too much sense and Trump would piss off a few nations. And if you think about that you would reward Iran for bad behavior. North Korea take note.

D & C

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2019 09:20PM by Dazed & Confused (Mobile).
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 17, 2019 09:09PM
I can answer that one. Honor the deal Obama and the EU made originally. Stop letting the Saudis draw us into their pissing match with Iran.
Date: September 17, 2019 09:17PM
"I can answer that one. Honor the deal Obama and the EU made originally. Stop letting the Saudis draw us into their pissing match with Iran."

Don't forget Israel. I don't remember they being big fans of the deal. For what it's worth I thought it was a mistake to leave the deal. It was the best worst deal we could've gotten. It's a moot point now, the damage has been done. And as I mentioned above, lifting the sanctions now would reward Iran for bad behavior.

D & C

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2019 09:23PM by Dazed & Confused (Mobile).
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 23, 2019 11:23PM

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 81
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020