advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
out of the blue?!......Chris Matthews quits 'Hardball' today....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 02, 2020 06:59PM
......retiring.......on air.....today is last show.......of course, he was just accused of........

Chris Matthews Retiring, Hardball to End on MSNBC

.....Chris Matthews is done playing Hardball. At the top of his show on Monday, the embattled MSNBC anchor announced that he is retiring.

Getting straight to the point, he told viewers, “Let me start with my headline tonight: I’m retiring. This is the last Hardball on MSNBC.”

He continued, “Obviously this isn’t for a lack of interest in politics. I’ve loved every minute of my 20 years as host of Hardball. Every morning, I read the papers, and I’m gung-ho to get to work. Not many people have had this privilege.”

Watch video of his on-air announcement below:

This news comes just days after GQ columnist Laura Bassett alleged that Matthews sexually harassed her in 2016. Among other instances, Bassett recalled Matthews speaking with her in the makeup chair before an appearance on Hardball to discuss allegations brought against Donald Trump. “Why haven’t I fallen in love with you yet?” she recalled Matthews asking, at which point he allegedly told the makeup artist, “Keep putting makeup on her. I’ll fall in love with her.”

Matthews addressed these allegations on Monday: “Younger generations out there are ready to take the reins. We see them in politics and the media and fighting for their causes. They’re improving the workplace. We’re talking here about better standards than we grew up with — fair standards. A lot of it has to do with how we talk to each other. Compliments on a woman’s appearance that some men, including me, might have once incorrectly thought were OK were never OK. Not then and certainly not today. For making such comments in the past, I’m sorry.”

Matthews began hosting Hardball on CNBC in 1997, eventually moving the show to MSNBC in 1999, where it held strong for more than two decades. The program got its name from Matthews’ 1988 book Hardball: How Politics Is Played Told by One Who Knows the Game.

wish.....I could.....quit you......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: out of the blue?!......Chris Matthews quits 'Hardball' today....
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 02, 2020 07:01PM
It was long past time. He’s said many things over the line lately, as well as saying things that did not make sense. Sometimes retirement comes too late.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 02, 2020 07:14PM
Pam
It was long past time. He’s said many things over the line lately, as well as saying things that did not make sense. Sometimes retirement comes too late.

agree smiley long past time

e pluribus unum
Posted by: hal
Date: March 02, 2020 07:18PM
Plus he probably want to run for Senator or something...
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 02, 2020 07:22PM
[twitter.com]

Daily Show nailed him pretty well.

Hope he's replaced by Joy Ann Reid.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 02, 2020 07:47PM
Lemon Drop
[twitter.com]

o god - that was yucky!
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 02, 2020 07:50PM
Lemon Drop
[twitter.com]

I hope not. She is great as a guest. But not as a host.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: March 02, 2020 08:02PM
hal
Lemon Drop
[twitter.com]

o god - that was yucky!

yea, it's sorta yucky and sorta 1 dimensional. there's worse @#$%& t around than Chris getting a load of himself. But im not a fan of setting aside people because of their conventional good looks..I've always said to my wives, and to my friends,and to the wives of my friends and the wives of the butcher, "Give me a crappy looking news set with a table and some chairs, marginal lighting and NO red white and blue BULL @#$%&, Some ugly, smart people, a looker, some average bores.. , men and women, sitting around that set and discussing politics, teaching us politics, teaching everyone the issues, wouldn't bother me if one of them nodded out, right on set..and im good with all of that

. Im overstimulated by today's news cultures..and Chris Mathews is a hyper little boy with a twitch and is probably spattering that set with bits of spit flying out of his mouth..must drive the roadies nuts..

Truth is, i think they took this Corona opportunity to quarantine him on general principle and reactive strategy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2020 06:57AM by Kraniac.
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 03, 2020 05:20AM
Pam

I have been wondering if his mind is fading. I have stopped watching him but noticed his words and thoughts were stumbling and wondered if something was happening mentally with him. His retirement will not be a loss for me. Never really liked him or his approach to news. Surprised he lasted so long.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 04, 2020 08:09PM
Chris Matthews never had much of a filter and recently he's had none at all. That is a very bad situation for someone on television. Buh bye.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020