advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
VOTE VOTE VOTE
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 03, 2020 05:22AM
If your state has primaries today VOTE !

I voted at 7 a.m. for BIDEN and other Dems

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2020 07:50AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 03, 2020 08:19AM
I voted early (we could do that here) for Klobuchar.

I’m not too upset about it. I think she deserved my vote, and it’s basically an A.B.S. vote anyway.

(Obligatory repetition - if Sanders wins the nom, I will indeed vote for him - not sure about my wife, though, who would otherwise vote Dem)
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 03, 2020 10:27AM
not sure about my wife, though, who would otherwise vote Dem

Don't feel bad, politicians have been getting people to either not vote or vote against their own best interests since before Reagan.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 03, 2020 12:03PM
I was only the 26th person to vote in my (very red) county precinct. I voted on solitude. Me and four election workers.

There were more names on that ballot than voters.

Well, it was only 9 AM.
Date: March 03, 2020 12:13PM
Wonder how fear of the virus will play into voter turnout, candidates with a dedicated following will probably be ok - those needing an extra large turnout maybe not so much.
Date: March 03, 2020 01:25PM
...also Texas has closed over 750 polling places since 2012 - most of them in minority voting areas.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 03, 2020 03:34PM
samintx
If your state has primaries today VOTE !

You could have wished for more wishes!!

(Done.)

Posted by: timg
Date: March 03, 2020 03:47PM
i voted on sunday.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 03, 2020 05:26PM
I just mailed my ballot today. First time I've voted in many years.

BRAVO California for moving the election up to Super Tuesday. For the first time in a long time, this vote really means something. In the past, the nomination was pretty well wrapped up by the time CAL got its chance to say anything.

I was still pretty well undecided days ago and thought that I'd probably skip the election AGAIN, but the then the dems consolidated. It's now a pretty clear choice between Sanders and Biden. I was leaning hard toward Klobuchar, but I voted for Biden today because I don't want Sanders to rep the Dems - I don't think he can win it all and I'm not thrilled with his campaign.

I haven't been in Bidens camp the whole campaign season, but I'm there now. I gotta say that after the SC aftermath, I'm feeling a lot better than before.
Posted by: steve...
Date: March 04, 2020 12:09AM
Voted this afternoon. My polling place is down at the harbor here. When I finished and walked outside, there were hundreds of harbor seals chasing herring in the harbor. I've never seen anything like it.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 04, 2020 11:41PM
RgrF
...also Texas has closed over 750 polling places since 2012 - most of them in minority voting areas.
Well, according to Bernie's Twitter gang, those polls were closed to stop Bernie! Even though he wasn't running when they started doing it! I'm flabbergasted at the nonsense these folks fall for. They're like Trumpers.

Date: March 05, 2020 12:25AM
That's plain dumb. Polling places were closed in GOP controlled areas. You're repeating a lot of campaign rhetoric I don't hear elsewhere - you don't like his supporters - I get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2020 12:26AM by RgrF.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 05, 2020 02:00PM
You must not use Twitter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 138
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020