advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Congratulations DNC!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 04, 2020 10:08PM
Your evil plan of flooding the field with candidates to dilute Bernie's appeal worked. He looked like he was begging for alms on Rachel's show after she had previously shown a clear preference for Clinton/Biden and similarly oriented candidates.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Congratulations DNC!
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 04, 2020 10:12PM
Yep, like Elizabeth Warren, or crazy moderates like Senator Booker... Don't forget the anti-gun candidate, Beto...

I think Bernie is amazing. He resurrected a campaign I thought was dead due to his heart attack. But he's got to expand his coalition and embrace others, not keep drumming his one note.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 04, 2020 10:21PM
Win or lose Bernie has almost single handily reversed the rightward swing Dems were taking in an effort to compete for votes. For that alone he deserves respect.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 04, 2020 10:26PM
It is a shame Warren is so far behind. I would much rather see her than Biden.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 04, 2020 10:33PM
Something went really wrong in the mid 1990's. It has snowballed since then. We have arrived at an incoherent spewing orange fool and 'don't touch your face'.

Take comfort that the rest of the world is even dumber.
Posted by: gabester
Date: March 04, 2020 11:23PM
Steve G.
Something went really wrong in the mid 1990's.

I mean the internet started to catch on and has grown in approximately the same rate and timetable... could it be that, when no one knows you're a dog on the internet, all you end up finding on the internet are morons masquerading as dogs, and then we upvote those cute puppy memes posted by propaganda machines which end up fooling many of our friends who don't really pay attention to such things into thinking hoaxes like the earth is flat and vaccines cause asexual cuckoldry and alternative facts are equally valid to actual data presented in research and logically consistent argument and moral judgement?
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 04, 2020 11:31PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Your evil plan of flooding the field with candidates to dilute Bernie's appeal worked. He looked like he was begging for alms on Rachel's show after she had previously shown a clear preference for Clinton/Biden and similarly oriented candidates.
Man, your paranoia is becoming out of control. Is this the same reason that 17 people ran for the Republican nomination in 2016? The only thing worse than the contempt Bernie followers have for everyone but themselves is the incredible inability to face reality.

Posted by: vision63
Date: March 05, 2020 02:36AM
RgrF
Win or lose Bernie has almost single handily reversed the rightward swing Dems were taking in an effort to compete for votes. For that alone he deserves respect.

I remember Bernie voting no on Universal Health Care in 1994. I remember Bernie introducing an Amendment to reduce funding for CHIP. I remember Bernie voting for the Crime Bill. I remember Bernie decrying immigrants flooding the country taking away jobs from the white working class and even voting against Ted Kennedy's Immigration Reform Bill in 2007. I remember Bernie voting to send toxic waste from his state to poor Latino communities in Texas.

Why do you think this man's hands are so clean or that he's so "progressive?" So influential that he's the only human being with a helpful idea?

I reject your assertion, sir. In Anthony Davis' name I pray, Amen.
Date: March 05, 2020 02:39AM
Your not old enough to remember any of that kid. The Dems were being led by the nose down the path to Republican light, many of them still are.
Date: March 05, 2020 02:40AM
$tevie
Filliam H. Muffman
Man, your paranoia is becoming out of control. Is this the same reason that 17 people ran for the Republican nomination in 2016? The only thing worse than the contempt Bernie followers have for everyone but themselves is the incredible inability to face reality.

She merely asked through questions. First time in ages.

[edit] First time "he" has been thoroughly questioned by an interviewer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2020 09:13AM by vision63.
Date: March 05, 2020 08:46AM
meanwhile, back in New York

Posted by: August West
Date: March 05, 2020 09:31AM
Biden's love of segregationists and his take down of Anita Hill ought not to be forgotten either. If he is the nominee, I'll vote for him, but I'll be holding my nose, as I would for most of the rest. His time is long past and I was hoping for newer blood this time around.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Posted by: August West
Date: March 05, 2020 09:39AM
As I move on the the NY Times, there is this headline regarding the Senator from Mastercard.....

==========================================
Wall Street, Encouraged by Biden’s Wins, Breaks Out Its Checkbooks

Fearful of the more progressive candidates, some finance executives had sidelined themselves from the elections until Mr. Biden surged.

==========================================

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 05, 2020 10:15AM
August West
Biden's love of segregationists and his take down of Anita Hill ought not to be forgotten either. If he is the nominee, I'll vote for him, but I'll be holding my nose, as I would for most of the rest. His time is long past and I was hoping for newer blood this time around.

I’m with you. This is a weird election cycle due to a long ramping up of the extreme right, including right wing media, and this person as president who is wholly unqualified. Being nice here.

My hope is dems keep the house, win the senate, and the presidency. Biden knows his time is up. I hope he surrounds himself with younger staff and helps to elevate them. I suspect he will be a one term president.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: March 05, 2020 10:22AM
vision63
RgrF

I remember Bernie voting no on Universal Health Care in 1994. I remember Bernie introducing an Amendment to reduce funding for CHIP. I remember Bernie voting for the Crime Bill. I remember Bernie decrying immigrants flooding the country taking away jobs from the white working class and even voting against Ted Kennedy's Immigration Reform Bill in 2007. I remember Bernie voting to send toxic waste from his state to poor Latino communities in Texas.

Why do you think this man's hands are so clean or that he's so "progressive?" So influential that he's the only human being with a helpful idea?

Bernie voted 'no' because it wasn't single payer...he was and still is, correct, still. do your diligence. The way you stick this out there is lame.
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 05, 2020 10:33AM
Pam

My hope is dems keep the house, win the senate, and the presidency. Biden knows his time is up. I hope he surrounds himself with younger staff and helps to elevate them. I suspect he will be a one term president.

Which would be fine. My dream is that Biden is seen by Dems and the reasonable middle as a healer - almost a caretaker - after the last 4-year-abberration. Then he could pass the torch after 4 years, or less, if it came to that.

I think he has an important choice to make for a VP, since it would be his vision of the future. I hope it isn’t a “safe” choice, like we had last time. Kaine was a nice enough guy, but his pick was all about locking down one state (VA), I think, not necessarily building for the future.

For me, Kamala Harris, Klobuchar, or Buttigeg would be examples (not an exhaustive list) of picks that Biden could make that could inspire.
Date: March 05, 2020 11:10AM
Kraniac
vision63
RgrF

Bernie voted 'no' because it wasn't single payer...he was and still is, correct, still. do your diligence. The way you stick this out there is lame.

I know why he did what he did. He pulls his excuses off the shelf like on sale corn.
Date: March 05, 2020 11:18AM
pdq
Pam

Which would be fine. My dream is that Biden is seen by Dems and the reasonable middle as a healer - almost a caretaker - after the last 4-year-abberration. Then he could pass the torch after 4 years, or less, if it came to that.

I think he has an important choice to make for a VP, since it would be his vision of the future. I hope it isn’t a “safe” choice, like we had last time. Kaine was a nice enough guy, but his pick was all about locking down one state (VA), I think, not necessarily building for the future.

For me, Kamala Harris, Klobuchar, or Buttigeg would be examples (not an exhaustive list) of picks that Biden could make that could inspire.

According to the Bernie Bots, Harris and Klobuchar were "Cops" that mass incarcerated Black men, corporate shills backed by billionaires and didn't offer pure enough healthcare solutions. Harris wasn't even Black according to them and she slept her way to the top. Warren was a Bernie usurper feasting on his ideas. The media bought it and perpetuated it ad nauseum and now we have no women running at all. They were worse in 2016.

There was nothing wrong with Tim Kaine. Voter suppression was just a fantasy and Russian interference was a non-factor too.
Date: March 05, 2020 12:12PM
vision63
RgrF

In your litany of Bernie sins you forgot to mention his personal collaboration with Lenin and all those secret conclaves with Black Masses, the drinking of babies blood and you forgot the CAPS.

(don't you think you're getting a bit shrill?)
Date: March 05, 2020 12:16PM
RgrF
vision63
RgrF

In your litany of Bernie sins you forgot to mention his personal collaboration with Lenin and all those secret conclaves with Black Masses, the drinking of babies blood and you forgot the CAPS.

(don't you think you're getting a bit shrill?)

I know I am and I apologize. I'll tone it down (some).
Date: March 05, 2020 12:22PM
Convenient setting aside of the actual history. Hillary herself...swing it , baby.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 05, 2020 12:35PM
Now sending a polite note with a photo is considered evidence of deep and abiding allegiance and/or affection?

We're running out of cherries to pick.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: March 05, 2020 12:42PM
We tried to emphasize that Hillary and Bernie voted exactly the same way 93% of the time.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 05, 2020 12:50PM
vision63
We tried to emphasize that Hillary and Bernie voted exactly the same way 93% of the time.

Yep. Bernie has caucused with Dems very consistently and would be nothing but a sideshow if he didn't elevate himself on their national stage all the while trying to tear that stage down. I get that his supporters feel the system has let them down and it has, but Bernie is not the leader who can get the stuff done that must be done.
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 05, 2020 12:56PM
Lemon Drop
vision63

Yep. Bernie has caucused with Dems very consistently and would be nothing but a sideshow if he didn't elevate himself on their national stage all the while trying to tear that stage down. I get that his supporters feel the system has let them down and it has, but Bernie is not the leader who can get the stuff done that must be done.

That would have been Warren. Even Bernie knew that.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 05, 2020 01:02PM
Pam
Lemon Drop
vision63

That would have been Warren. Even Bernie knew that.

SIGH. I agree. But here we are with the 2 old white guys.

Everybody is doing the postmortem on Warren's campaign. I wish she could have framed herself more with her childhood and early adult stories rather than Harvard professor, senator from MA and pretend Cherokee. She was amazing at connecting with people and inspired a lot of young girls with the pinkie promises. She felt authentic to me. I think she has a lot of leadership still to offer us.
Date: March 05, 2020 01:06PM
I don't think Liz did anything wrong. I think America is just too racist and sexist to support the best candidates.

rj
AKA
Date: March 05, 2020 01:08PM
rjmacs
Now sending a polite note with a photo is considered evidence of deep and abiding allegiance and/or affection?

We're running out of cherries to pick.

LOL...you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Date: March 05, 2020 01:13PM
vision63

SIGH. I agree. But here we are with the 2 old white guys.

You forgot Trump. Make that THREE old white guys.
(okay, orange, but still old)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2020 01:14PM by Steve G..
Date: March 05, 2020 01:51PM
rjmacs
I don't think Liz did anything wrong. I think America is just too racist and sexist to support the best candidates.
Yes.

Date: March 05, 2020 01:53PM
They put a racist in the White House and are willing to put him back, in part because he is a racist.
Date: March 05, 2020 03:29PM
Kraniac
Convenient setting aside of the actual history. Hillary herself...swing it , baby.
I could counter with the Bernie's breast cancer baloney but you'd say that he's changed since then. The sword cuts both ways.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 05, 2020 06:02PM
I consider this next week to be the last test of Senator Sanders. Will he listen to the outcome of the vote next week?

In other words, if he wins next week - that's all great. That would mean he's the front-runner.

But if he loses massive ground at any rate like he did on the 48 hours before Super Tues, he should move to unify the party.

He has never, in my knowledge, unified ANYTHING. Again, I like Bernie. But if it's him being petulant, he needs to retire.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 05, 2020 06:58PM
sekker
I consider this next week to be the last test of Senator Sanders. Will he listen to the outcome of the vote next week?

In other words, if he wins next week - that's all great. That would mean he's the front-runner.

But if he loses massive ground at any rate like he did on the 48 hours before Super Tues, he should move to unify the party.

He has never, in my knowledge, unified ANYTHING. Again, I like Bernie. But if it's him being petulant, he needs to retire.

I'd agree that he deserves to take his shot, but if he misses, he HAS to end it
Posted by: Sam3
Date: March 06, 2020 04:10AM
I'll bet that if he loses, he'll do the same thing he did to Clinton in 2016, keep on being angry and campaigning until close to the convention. And the Bernie Bros will stay home come November.

Speaking of which, where were his Bernie Bros on Super Tuesday? The young, millennial turnout was weak. It seems that all they want to do is complain and tear things down, instead of working to get things done. You want Bernie to be President? Then get off your damn ass and vote. Is it really that hard?
Date: March 06, 2020 12:47PM
Sam3
I'll bet that if he loses, he'll do the same thing he did to Clinton in 2016, keep on being angry and campaigning until close to the convention. And the Bernie Bros will stay home come November.

Speaking of which, where were his Bernie Bros on Super Tuesday? The young, millennial turnout was weak. It seems that all they want to do is complain and tear things down, instead of working to get things done. You want Bernie to be President? Then get off your damn ass and vote. Is it really that hard?
The enormous youth vote that Bernie promises will propel him into the White House has so far been vaporware. 1 out of 8 votes on Super Tuesday was 18 to 29. That's not very much movement from his Movement.

Date: March 06, 2020 01:51PM
$tevie
That's not very much movement from his Movement.

It's some kind of movement! smiley-laughing001

rj
AKA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 55
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020