advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Hospitals Get Paid More to List Patients as COVID-19 and Three Times as Much if the Patient Goes on Ventilator
Posted by: Buck
Date: April 09, 2020 01:57PM
[uk.news.yahoo.com]

[rightedition.com]

Last night Senator Dr. Scott Jensen from Minnesota went on The Ingraham Angle to discuss how the AMA is encouraging American doctors to overcount coronavirus deaths across the US.

This was after Dr. Scott Jensen, a Minnesota physician and Republican state senator, told a local station he received a 7-page document coaching him to fill out death certificates with a COVID-19 diagnosis without a lab test to confirm the patient actually had the virus.

Dr. Jensen also disclosed that hospitals are paid more if they list patients with a COVID-19 diagnosis.
And hospitals get paid THREE TIMES AS MUCH if the patient then goes on a ventilator.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 02:00PM by Buck.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hospitals Get Paid More to List Patients as COVID-19 and Three Times as Much if the Patient Goes on Ventilator
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 09, 2020 02:00PM
Oh, just stop.
Re: Hospitals Get Paid More to List Patients as COVID-19 and Three Times as Much if the Patient Goes on Ventilator
Posted by: Pam
Date: April 09, 2020 02:07PM
Uh huh.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: April 09, 2020 02:07PM
Buck - are you familiar with the political side of the forum?

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 09, 2020 02:08PM
When it comes to covid-19 disinformation and unsourced news, MRF Tips and Deals is 100% Bucked.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 02:12PM by rjmacs.
Posted by: Buck
Date: April 09, 2020 02:11PM
Matt, I'm not making a political point here.
This is a video of a doctor describing medical issues. And facts about costs.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: April 09, 2020 02:11PM
I would hope they get paid more for an illness that has expensive isolation measures. Ventilators are expensive to operate, and respiratory techs and ICU beds are not cheap. Of course they get paid more when these measures are taken.

Hearing assumptions that physicians and hospitals are dishonest money-grubbing rogues gets tiresome after a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 02:13PM by S. Pupp.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 09, 2020 02:15PM
Oh, just stop.

Actually his posts bring to the forum a sense of what the right wing noise machine is feeding their followers. Most of us would not probably be aware of their propaganda efforts if it weren't for these posts, maybe I shouldn't say most but I know I certainly wouldn't be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 02:16PM by RgrF.
Date: April 09, 2020 02:15PM
Buck
Matt, I'm not making a political point here.

...then whats your point.

RollingEyesSmiley5

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 09, 2020 02:47PM
RgrF
Oh, just stop.

Actually his posts bring to the forum a sense of what the right wing noise machine is feeding their followers. Most of us would not probably be aware of their propaganda efforts if it weren't for these posts, maybe I shouldn't say most but I know I certainly wouldn't be.

I agree
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: April 09, 2020 03:34PM
OK, hospitals get paid more for work on covid-19 people. Makes sense as it can be considered hazard pay.
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 09, 2020 03:48PM
I believe the implication of the OP is that hospitals may be classifying patients as COVID who may not be, just for the cash. The right-wing-o-sphere assumes everyone (but the right) has the worst intentions.
Posted by: davester
Date: April 09, 2020 03:58PM
I actually like reading Buck's posts. It gives a perfect view into the sausage-making part of how right wing conspiracy theories are developed. I do however think it is impolite to continuously post blatantly political posts to the Tips and Deals forum.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 09, 2020 04:02PM

I agree with Buck. We're all faking it here.
Date: April 09, 2020 04:04PM
davester
I actually like reading Buck's posts. It gives a perfect view into the sausage-making part of how right wing conspiracy theories are developed. I do however think it is impolite to continuously post blatantly political posts to the Tips and Deals forum.

agreed.
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 09, 2020 04:04PM
This particular Senator has been called out by external medical experts as not sharing the best of current medical practice under the pandemic.

Just annotating the source a bit.
Posted by: GGD
Date: April 09, 2020 04:28PM
If there was a shortage of tests at the time a person died, they might prefer to use the tests on live patients, since the test result isn't going to influence the treatment of the dead person.
Posted by: Janit
Date: April 09, 2020 04:31PM
Doesn't all that spinning make you dizzy?
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: April 09, 2020 04:34PM
Acer
I believe the implication of the OP is that hospitals may be classifying patients as COVID who may not be, just for the cash. The right-wing-o-sphere assumes everyone (but the right) has the worst intentions.

Of course. I'll slightly disagree with your last statement and instead offer another perspective:

The right-wing-o-sphere recognizes all the potential points of financial abuse because they do it all the time at every opportunity. However they don't see it as abuse when they do it, it's just "making the most of the opportunities you're given." But when someone else has a similar opportunity, they assume that those people are as corrupt as they are.

IOW, takes one to know one.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 09, 2020 04:39PM
Is it a scam by Walmart* Associates to demand more money for hazard pay now that they are dying due to having higher incidents of COVID-19?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 09, 2020 05:15PM
Lew Zealand
Acer

Of course. I'll slightly disagree with your last statement and instead offer another perspective:

The right-wing-o-sphere recognizes all the potential points of financial abuse because they do it all the time at every opportunity. However they don't see it as abuse when they do it, it's just "making the most of the opportunities you're given." But when someone else has a similar opportunity, they assume that those people are as corrupt as they are.

IOW, takes one to know one.

Well said. Something about golfing trips comes to mind.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: April 09, 2020 07:01PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 07:01PM by Ted King.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 09, 2020 07:04PM
N/m

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 07:04PM by mrbigstuff.
Posted by: bfd
Date: April 09, 2020 07:45PM
What's even scarier than the Covid-19 virus is these dumbbucks who believe everything they hear on the "right side" news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 07:48PM by bfd.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 09, 2020 10:24PM
What's even scarier than the Covid-19 virus is these dumbbucks who believe everything they hear on the "right side" news.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020