advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Oy. The cognitive dissonance is strong with these ones....
Posted by: PeterB
Date: April 24, 2020 09:30PM
Comments on a Fb post (from one of my local news stations) about fact-checking Trump's suggestions of using UV and ingesting disinfectants to help with infections -- a somewhat random sampling:

(I'm leaving the names of the commenters out for privacy reasons, but their comments kinda say it all -- I am writing exactly what they wrote, no editing on my part, except to leave out emojis and such.)

"If anyone would watch the press conferences they would know that Homeland is doing many studies and one is the effects of heat, humidity and sunlight has on the virus. The gentleman from Homeland said the results were promising but were not conclusive yet. Stop listening to the media and listen to the people that are actually saying it when they say it. All the news media will either twist it to their own narrative or will not give the complete story."

"Great minds think outside of the box. That's Trump. He wasn't supporting use of bleach, he asked what if and leaving the answer to the scientist. Get your story straight."

"I strongly agree with the sunlight and fresh air. I just found out through a friend that when Trump spoke of the disinfectant, he was actually being kind of smart Alec about it because he was dealing with some reporter he had a problem with. Apparently he wasn't serious when he said something about the disinfectant injections"

"He was asking doctors if this was a possible solution he was not saying to do it. He pacifically said it would have to be left up to medical doctors that would know what could be done."

"What an awful society we live in when you can't ask 'what if?' I wonder how many inventions and medical solutions started with that same expression? Throughout history some theories have been more absurd than others, however, they made us think and advance."

"It just doesn't stop. Let's twist the words to fit our narrative."

"Disinfectants is no worse than what's in vaccines."

"No he did not suggest it, he just asked about it. FAKE NEWS AGAIN!!!"

"I for one am tired of the media... don't know it they are telling the whole truth!!!!!"

"Lies! People don't have sense enough to listen! Always taking things out of context!"

"Fake news! Of course it was taken out of context as most all the fake news media does. Couldn't tell the truth if their life depended on it!"

"Dr. Oz said sunlight and heat kills it. So there"

"Well, my president, you did it they fell right into the trap. You let them prove just how big of idiots they are. How they can not think for themselves or just that they don't have a brain. Well done my president well done."

"Only those with no sense understood it as house hold disinfectant But that's how dumb the mainstream media wants y'all to be. Sheeple"

"Because people are idiots!! He was speaking about a medical procedure most people know nothing about!! Ugh.. people are so dumb!!"

"Actually the virus is heat resistant so sun shine on clothes and stuff makes sense. The sun kills a lot of germs"

"This proves that liberals have no sense of humor and that they totally don't understand sarcasm. Please please use common sense"

"Fake news he did not suggest that. He is not a doctor and stated he wasn't. He asked his team to ask the medical professional if that was somehow possible. He is thinker outside the box and that is in fact how things get invented. Sunlight does kill the virus. With the Spanish flu in 1918 doctors ordered for the patients to go into the sunlight. The media is so full of twisted lies. Go listen to the President before you believe this garbage Some people make me sick"

facepalm facepalm facepalm

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Oy. The cognitive dissonance is strong with these ones....
Posted by: GGD
Date: April 24, 2020 09:34PM
So most of them didn't think he was being sarcastic either.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: April 24, 2020 09:42PM
GGD
So most of them didn't think he was being sarcastic either.

No, many of them apparently believe that he's some sort of underground medical wunderkind. eye popping smiley

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: CW2V
Date: April 24, 2020 10:13PM
"What an awful society we live in when you can't ask 'what if?' I wonder how many inventions and medical solutions started with that same expression? Throughout history some theories have been more absurd than others, however, they made us think and advance."

"What if the moon was the sun at night?"

"What if D-O-G spells cat?"

"What if 'pacifically' spells 'specifically'?"

CW2V
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 24, 2020 10:15PM

and his assistant 'Pency'
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 24, 2020 10:58PM
The Maga-plorables have been doing this since he was nominated at the convention. They don't take him literally but they take his statements seriously, and the lamestream media takes him literally but can't/won't take him seriously because his literal statements are insane.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 24, 2020 11:30PM
This reminds me of when the guy from one of the late night shows went to a Trump rally and interviewed a bunch of MAGA idiots about the Ukraine thing.

Everyone he talks to said "Read the transcript." Yet, NONE of them had actually read the transcript.

Posted by: GGD
Date: April 24, 2020 11:47PM
AllGold
This reminds me of when the guy from one of the late night shows went to a Trump rally and interviewed a bunch of MAGA idiots about the Ukraine thing.

Everyone he talks to said "Read the transcript." Yet, NONE of them had actually read the transcript.

[youtu.be]
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 25, 2020 02:28PM
I happened to catch The Idiot saying this live.

No rational person thought anything except - he was serious, and he wanted the idea to be tested, and he asked his medical team to see that it was tested, and they said they would.

Anything else, we are seeing how people's minds are warped by cognitive dissonance, as the OP noted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020