advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
1 of 2 Trump pours gasoline on the fire. Either “...bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right.....” and “...when the looting starts, the shooting starts.”
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 29, 2020 05:26AM
Will Trump get even a single African American vote now come the election?

The first tweet and bannered follow up.

The follow up revealed.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 1 of 2 Trump pours gasoline on the fire. Either “...bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right.....” and “...when the looting starts, the shooting starts.”
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 29, 2020 06:30AM
“What have you got to lose?”
Re: 1 of 2 Trump pours gasoline on the fire. Either “...bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right.....” and “...when the looting starts, the shooting starts.”
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 29, 2020 08:10AM
Cheeto, are you happy yet? Our country is in turmoil.

The context: Eddie Glaude, chair of Princeton's Department of African American Studies, said the violence reflected distrust of government and police, as the nation copes with a pandemic that has brought massive unemployment and loss of life.

"We’re on the cusp of a kind of desperation in this country," he said on MSNBC during live coverage of the pandemonium.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2020 08:18AM by samintx.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 29, 2020 08:52AM
I saw that this morning, and all I could think was: ughhhhh, so not my President! Never was, never will be. 45's legacy will be one of bloodshed, violence, bigotry, and hatred.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: May 29, 2020 09:09AM
I thought the state already asked for the National Guard to be deployed.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 29, 2020 09:17AM
Bill in NC
I thought the state already asked for the National Guard to be deployed.

Tump seems to be threatening to federalize the Minnesota Guard.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 29, 2020 10:21AM
samintx
Cheeto Putin, are you happy yet? Our country is in turmoil.

FTFY
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 29, 2020 10:36AM
.....he wants to exercise his 'absolute' power........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 29, 2020 11:56AM
Remember when the President approved a drone strike on an American citizen who was an active enemy combatant in a war zone ?

Now realize that the President just threatened to have the Army shoot civilians in an American City.

Peak Dictator right here.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 29, 2020 12:02PM
what happened to 'good people on both sides'?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 29, 2020 12:17PM
PeterB
I saw that this morning, and all I could think was: ughhhhh, so not my President! Never was, never will be. 45's legacy will be one of bloodshed, violence, bigotry, and hatred.

Is it that easy to be rid of all of what he's wrought? I find it harder to purge myself of all responsibility, as though all of this happened around me without my participation, benefit, or assent (if not consent).

I disagree with him, and I loathe what he does too. But he claims me, and he claims you, in his imagined Great America - whether we like it or not. Not politically, of course - he condemns us there. But we've got the right goods to be good, loyal, productive Americans, and that carries a weight of its own. For me, anyhow.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 29, 2020 02:01PM
It is a distraction from the distractions. The Minneapolis riot posts dilute the COVID-19 posts.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 29, 2020 02:13PM
Filliam H. Muffman
It is a distraction from the distractions. The Minneapolis riot posts dilute the COVID-19 posts.

Sure is. CNN removed their Covid case and death count graphic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020