advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Bezos sells some Amazon stock
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 06, 2020 06:27AM
(Bloomberg) -- The numbers are eye-popping: 1 million Amazon.com Inc. shares offloaded for more than $3.1 billion. And yet for the seller, Jeff Bezos, it barely puts a dent in his stake in the e-commerce giant.

The disposal, disclosed Wednesday in Securities and Exchange Commission filings, adds to a $4.1 billion sale earlier this year. The proceeds are a fraction of the amount that Bezos’s holdings have increased this year as the Covid-19 pandemic forced people to stay at home and created a surge in demand for Amazon’s e-commerce services.

For Bezos, 56, this year has been a reversal from years of relative restraint in reducing his stake in Amazon. He still holds more than 54 million shares and is worth $189.8 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. His net worth has surged by $74.9 billion this year with Amazon stock rising 73%

I wonder if he holds any other stock....?? Posted here in case any controversy developed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 06:30AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bezos sells some Amazon stock
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 06, 2020 06:35AM
Seems like a normal portfolio diversification strategy but in this case by an extremely unusual investor. smiling smiley

OT: I'm very impressed with the philanthropy of his ex-wife, McKenzie Scott. It's not just that she is giving big amounts; she is doing it in a socially responsible way that is deeply respectful of the organizations she chooses to support (i.e. she's not telling them how to spend the money, she trusts them to do it.) The focus of her support is on organizations that work for racial and gender equity.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 06, 2020 08:01AM
.....nice especially since she married a....cheater......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 06, 2020 09:30AM
He already announced plans to sell >$1B/year to support his space company.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 136
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020