advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
What’s the worst thing that could happen to our country during the presidential election?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 04, 2020 05:00AM

[www.washingtonpost.com]

On the morning of Election Day, false stories appear online claiming that Biden has been hospitalized with a life-threatening heart attack and the election has been delayed. Every mainstream news organization reports that the rumors are unfounded, but many Biden supporters, confused by the bogus claims, stay home.

Still, by late that night, most major networks have called the election for Biden: The former vice president has won key states and has a slender lead in the national popular vote, and polling experts predict that his lead will grow substantially as Western states count an unusually high number of mail-in ballots. The electoral college looks secure for Biden, too.

But Trump refuses to concede, alleging on Twitter that “MILLIONS of illegal ALIENS and DEAD PEOPLE” have voted in large numbers and that the uncounted ballots are all “FAKE VOTES!!!” Social media fills with posts from Trump supporters alleging that the election has been “stolen” in a “Deep State coup,” and Trump-friendly pundits on Fox News and OAN echo the message.

Soon, Attorney General William P. Barr opens an investigation into unsubstantiated allegations of massive vote-by-mail fraud and ties between Democratic officials and antifa. In Michigan and Wisconsin, where Biden has won the official vote and Democratic governors have certified slates of pro-Biden electors, the Trump campaign persuades Republican-controlled legislatures to send rival pro-Trump slates to Congress for the electoral college vote.

The next week is chaotic: A list of Michigan and Wisconsin electors for Biden circulates on right-wing social media, including photos, home addresses and false claims that scores of them are in the pay of billionaire George Soros or have been linked to child sex-trafficking rings.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What’s the worst thing that could happen to our country during the presidential election?
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 04, 2020 06:43AM
Not the worst case scenario at all. Adding in the Barr Gestapo to induce violence on the streets is my biggest fear.
Re: What’s the worst thing that could happen to our country during the presidential election?
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 04, 2020 09:36AM
sekker
Not the worst case scenario at all. Adding in the Barr Gestapo to induce violence on the streets is my biggest fear.

AT A VOTING PLACE my worry. Blame on Dems.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 04, 2020 11:55AM
samintx
sekker

Everything is always the Democrat’s fault, even when the Republicans controlled both houses of Congress, the presidency and the SCOTUS.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 04, 2020 02:41PM
Speedy
samintx
sekker

Everything is always the Democrat’s fault, even when the Republicans controlled both houses of Congress, the presidency and the SCOTUS.

Yep, the Dems didn't work hard enough to hold the GOP accountable!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 04, 2020 03:26PM
The worst thing that can happen is that people who can, won't vote.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 04, 2020 03:54PM
RgrF
The worst thing that can happen is that people who can, won't vote.

smiley-score010
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 64
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020