You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Politico: 'Another pro-Trump ad uses footage from Russia'
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 13, 2020 06:46PM

Russia man, woman playing with baby

Belarus old woman looking out window

Another pro-Trump ad uses footage from Russia
[www.politico.com]

A new pro-Trump super PAC ad uses stock footage from Russia and Belarus in a major ad buy that’s airing in three swing states. It’s the fourth time in three months that an ad promoting President Donald Trump’s reelection has used footage from Russia.

America First Action last Thursday launched an ad called “Pandemic Tax” in Florida, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin as part of a $10 million ad campaign slamming Joe Biden for supporting bad trade deals and arguing that he would raise taxes on “all of us.” But some of the people featured in the ad were actors in stock footage from Russia and Belarus.
-

This is the fourth time a Trump-affiliated group has used Russian footage in an ad. A digital ad last month released by a fundraising arm of the Trump campaign called on people to “support our troops” but used a stock photo of Russian-made fighter jets and Russian models dressed as soldiers.

Another Trump campaign ad also used footage of a conveyor belt with cardboard boxes saying “MADE IN THE USA” that was created by a Russian photographer and illustrator, and a pre-recorded video at the Republican National Convention used stock footage of a factory in Moscow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2020 08:55PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Politico: 'Another pro-Trump ad uses footage from Russia'
Posted by: hal
Date: October 13, 2020 06:47PM
"A new pro-Trump super PAC ad uses stock footage from Russia and Belarus in a major ad buy that’s airing in three swing states. It’s the fourth time in three months that an ad promoting President Donald Trump’s reelection has used footage from Russia."

what is up with that??

As one republican pol said a while back, 'why does everything come back to Russia?'
Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 13, 2020 07:23PM
Can't see the images, Firefox is protecting my from shady website.

=wr=
Date: October 13, 2020 07:44PM
wave rider
Can't see the images, Firefox is protecting my from shady website.

Images not linked to the website. Images are snapshots I originated and put through my usual posting site.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 13, 2020 07:45PM
Steve G.

Russia man, woman playing with baby

Belarus old woman looking out window

Another pro-Trump ad uses footage from Russia
[www.politico.com]

A new pro-Trump super PAC ad uses stock footage from Russia and Belarus in a major ad buy that’s airing in three swing states. It’s the fourth time in three months that an ad promoting President Donald Trump’s reelection has used footage from Russia.

Interesting. The images Steve linked to were a right click on my browser -- that right click brought me not to the image but to a warning page that FF didn't trust the site. I'd need to override the warning to get to those pages.
Date: October 13, 2020 08:54PM
this should work

Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 13, 2020 09:19PM
Steve G.
this should work

Not really a problem, I could get there if I wanted -- just found my nanny browser response interesting.

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to i.postimg.cc. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.
It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely.
What can you do about it?
i.postimg.cc has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.
The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: October 13, 2020 09:39PM
Trump is running a very nasty tv ad here in Los Angeles that shows a woman holding up a card with writing; she gradually tosses away successive cards, with the overall message implying that Biden is a bad guy who will do bad things to us. It's an official Trump campaign ad. Meanwhile, Biden is running a few ads about how he will support health care etc. The question is why either is spending a penny in this market, considering that California is a Biden lock, like 20 points or so. Maybe these are polite gestures to the big donors from the area?
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 13, 2020 10:52PM
Ca Bob
Trump is running a very nasty tv ad here in Los Angeles that shows a woman holding up a card with writing; she gradually tosses away successive cards, with the overall message implying that Biden is a bad guy who will do bad things to us. It's an official Trump campaign ad. Meanwhile, Biden is running a few ads about how he will support health care etc. The question is why either is spending a penny in this market, considering that California is a Biden lock, like 20 points or so. Maybe these are polite gestures to the big donors from the area?

I've seen the same ad in Michigan and it made me crazy. I could only watch it once because it's all lies.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 14, 2020 01:42AM
Orangutan needs his base to turn out in the few California House districts that still have a change to elect a deplorable.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020