Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Sadly, it's looking like...
Posted by: PeterB
Date: November 04, 2020 12:24AM
... it's coming down to six or so states:

PA, NC, GA, WI, MI, AZ, NV.

Of these, the one that I predict will be the tipping point: PA.

NC, GA, WI, NV will all go to Dump. MI, AZ will go to Joe.

And unfortunately, I think PA will go to Dump... that state is pretty much looking like it did in 2016.

I'm rapidly losing faith in humanity. I just can't understand how anyone would sentence all of us to four more years of what we've all just experienced.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sadly, it's looking like...
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 04, 2020 12:31AM
Hang in there cuz.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 04, 2020 12:32AM
One thing's clear. The calm appeal to moderates was naive. Another thing's unchanged: the electorate wants to hire people who energize them instead of the other way around. That's a central flaw.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 04, 2020 12:38AM
A Dumbf victory will mean riots. Gaur-on-teed.

Whether or not he prevails, it's become quite clear tonight that the USA has become just one more s-hole country.smiley-signs006
Date: November 04, 2020 12:40AM
deckeda
One thing's clear. The calm appeal to moderates was naive. Another thing's unchanged: the electorate wants to hire people who energize them instead of the other way around. That's a central flaw.

I'm not so convinced of that. I think what this election shows is how incredibly polarized this country has become, such that every election is now coming down to just a few states. Also, while Joe was definitely not an ideal candidate, it's not clear to me that a Bernie or other far left candidate would have done so much better. Remember that we've had incredibly qualified candidates who've lost, and so it seems like it's come down to bread and circuses of whoever the proles find the most entertaining.

Posted by: vision63
Date: November 04, 2020 12:54AM
deckeda

I think it was good. It just got undermined by Trump gaming the protests etc.

This isn't over.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 04, 2020 01:11AM
NV looks interesting for Biden so far.

WI will depend on Milwaukee votes yet this AM.

Not counting on MI going to Biden.

Might well fall to PA.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 04, 2020 01:15AM
Arizona, 1 electoral vote in Nebraska, Wisconsin and Michigan wins it for Biden without Pennsylvania. That means that any 2 of the midwestern states wins it, but Pennsylvania depends on some awfully good luck, like 2.5 million mail-in ballots turn out mostly for Biden.
Date: November 04, 2020 01:25AM
I'm going to sleep.

They were just showing Dump, who apparently was making such patently untrue statements about which states he had won (he was discounting all the votes that haven't been counted yet, including the early and mail-ins), that the network had to actually cut him off and correct him.***

What a sad day, and new low, for our democracy.

***Edit: I didn't catch all of what Dump said, but apparently he's already more or less claiming victory, and made allusions to it going to the SC if necessary, also fueling the conspiracy theories. I predicted that this would all end up in the hands of Amy Creepy, and it looks like I might be right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2020 01:34AM by PeterB.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 04, 2020 01:53AM
GA is now trending blue.

Count every vote, then we will know who won.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 04, 2020 03:36AM
Trump is not going to win Michigan. There are a shitton of absentee ballots that haven't even begun to be counted yet.

Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 04, 2020 04:32AM
AllGold
Trump is not going to win Michigan. There are a shitton of absentee ballots that haven't even begun to be counted yet.

45 is ahead, but does not have so big a lead in MI at 5:30am that absentee ballots couldn't shift it.

Same for NC and Georgia.

45 has a big lead in PA, about 700,000 votes, but only 74% of the ballots counted (about 1.7 million votes not yet counted). They say Biden is running about 66% of the absentee ballots in PA, which would give him roughly 1.15 million more in PA vs Drumpf's 595,000 more when it's all counted. This would bring it roughly to a draw. In other words, we can't call PA for ANYONE yet.

Tentatively, looks like Dems have a one-vote majority in the Senate.

Posted by: Sam3
Date: November 04, 2020 04:52AM
AllGold

I sure hope that you are correct. Same with the Peters/James Senator race.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: Michael
Date: November 04, 2020 04:54AM
Sarcany
AllGold

45 is ahead, but does not have so big a lead in MI at 5:30am that absentee ballots couldn't shift it.

Same for NC and Georgia.

45 has a big lead in PA, about 700,000 votes, but only 74% of the ballots counted (about 1.7 million votes not yet counted). They say Biden is running about 66% of the absentee ballots in PA, which would give him roughly 1.15 million more in PA vs Drumpf's 595,000 more when it's all counted. This would bring it roughly to a draw. In other words, we can't call PA for ANYONE yet.

Tentatively, looks like Dems have a one-vote majority in the Senate.

Georgia is interesting. Real Clear Politics shows that only Dekalb and Fulton counties (both very democrat) are not 100% reporting. If Biden takes all the remaining votes in those counties he'd get about 12,000 more votes, based on the percent and actual number reported. But Trump is ahead by 102,000 votes at this point. Same thing with Purdue, except he's ahead by 185,000 votes at this point. I don't know why they're not calling the elections unless it's the runoff issue with 3rd candidates. I dunno how they decide to call these things...

Edit: I think I answered my own question. Apparently the percentage counted doesn't count uncounted mail in ballots for Fulton and Dekalb. According to CNN, Dekalb county has 79,000 uncounted mail in ballots and Fulton county has 48,000 uncounted mail in ballots. That's why they're not calling them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2020 05:48AM by Michael.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 04, 2020 08:21AM
My comment above re: moderates was not a condemnation of Biden’s nomination in any way. For that reason, a “Bernie” or anyone else supposedly far-left wouldn’t make any difference when it’s PERSONALITY voters cling to. That alone can sell any ideology, which is why rational people “can’t figure out” conservative talking points. We all know the issues do not matter to them ... that’s what’s known as a clue.

The country elected a clown last time; they’re trying to keep him. Whatever he’s done or not done is immaterial to them.

What’s different this time is that “the jig is up” but still not enough people have apparently paid attention, or they just do not care.

Sure Biden could win, but if so it should have been massive, history-breaking stuff.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 04, 2020 01:14PM
Sam3
AllGold

I sure hope that you are correct. Same with the Peters/James Senator race.

I am about the presidential race. I don't know about the Peters/James senate race. I hope that follows the same path but I don't know.

(I also don't know why ANYONE would vote for John James. What a waste.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020