advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Biden just took the lead in Michigan.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 04, 2020 08:05AM
Already took the lead in Wisconsin. It's looking promising.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Biden just took the lead in Michigan.
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 04, 2020 08:24AM
Where is that fingers crossed emoji when you really need it?

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 04, 2020 08:30AM
Date: November 04, 2020 08:31AM
S. Pupp

Thank you very much!

Posted by: August West
Date: November 04, 2020 08:32AM
jest smiley

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Posted by: hal
Date: November 04, 2020 08:43AM
vision63

holy @#$%&! I go to bed last night defeated... but I just ran the numbers. If all states end where they are at right now, Biden wins 270-268
Date: November 04, 2020 08:47AM
hal
vision63

holy @#$%&! I go to bed last night defeated... but I just ran the numbers. If all states end where they are at right now, Biden wins 270-268

If that does happen, then the real :poop emoji: hits the fan.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 04, 2020 08:52AM
as a side note, as of 10am, biden is up by 2.5 million votes. Too bad it doesn't mean anything.

Let's get rid of the Electoral College. It has given us too many presidents who don't truly represent our citizens.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 04, 2020 08:53AM
Yep, the blue wave is hitting now.

Arizona, Nevada, WI, MI with GA all reasonable shots at Biden winning.

NC is still possible, but a longer shot.

PA is unclear to me - we do not have the data.

At this time, we could end up with literally the only state going red that was predicted blue to be Florida, and Biden outperformed Clinton in every county except one - Miami Dade.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 04, 2020 08:56AM
hal
vision63

Yup. And that’s giving Trump Pennsylvania...which is definitely not solid at this point. By the time that count is done (maybe Thursday, maybe Friday) it may be academic if WI and MI continue to hold.

Well, certainly nowhere near what I (or others) were expecting, and the Senate didn’t flip, but I think Biden pulls out a close one...which of course will make Trump’s head explode.
Date: November 04, 2020 08:58AM
sekker

At this time, we could end up with literally the only state going red that was predicted blue to be Florida, and Biden outperformed Clinton in every county except one - Miami Dade.

I wouldn't call it a Blue Wave. More like delayed wave. No Jill Stein to interfere too. It's a very disappointing outcome so far overall.
Date: November 04, 2020 08:59AM
sekker

Don't count on us here in GA bailing us out, we do not have a good track record pulling out win in the last minutes of anything. You have seen our sports teams play, right? cry smiley
The two counties that are holding things up could well go blue, but Fulton is the biggest mess ever for EVERY ELECTION. It is so discouraging. We lived there for 27 years, and it has always been a huge mess. Dekalb, the other one not complete, is a close second in ineptitude.

Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 04, 2020 09:01AM
That would be something else though if George I did go for Biden. It would be a hell of an indictment on Trump.
Me through the night (I haven't slept).

vision63
sekker

I wouldn't call it a Blue Wave. More like delayed wave. No Jill Stein to interfere too. It's a very disappointing outcome so far overall.

Isn't it? I was so hoping this vote would give me hope that most people had come to their senses, but no. Some of the reasons I have heard for people voting for T are just too much to believe. Very disappointing inded.

Date: November 04, 2020 09:02AM
rgG
sekker

Don't count on us here in GA bailing us out, we do not have a good track record pulling out win in the last minutes of anything. You have seen our sports teams play, right? cry smiley
The two counties that are holding things up could well go blue, but Fulton is the biggest mess ever for EVERY ELECTION. It is so discouraging. We lived there for 27 years, and it has always been a huge mess. Dekalb, the other one not complete, is a close second in ineptitude.

Georgia is still in play. Biden may not need it though.
Date: November 04, 2020 09:03AM
Yes, even if Biden wins, it appears it would be by a narrow margin. A narrow margin is not what you would like to see as a repudiation of Rump’s presidency.
Date: November 04, 2020 09:05AM
Carnos Jax
That would be something else though if George I did go for Biden. It would be a hell of an indictment on Trump.

At least our new county went blue, and this is a fairly recent change for formerly bright red Cobb county.
And Karen Handle, well deserved first name BTW, was sent home for a second time. Thank goodness for that.

Date: November 04, 2020 09:08AM
rgG
Carnos Jax

At least our new county went blue, and this is a fairly recent change for formerly bright red Cobb county.
And Karen Handle, well deserved first name BTW, was sent home for a second time. Thank goodness for that.

That was important to me. I've given Lucy lots of money. Your county is extra important right now. We'll know better around noon or so.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 04, 2020 09:24AM
Handle losing is one event I wished I could have witnessed as a resident (we got hammered by Democrats there texting us the last few weeks despite not having lived in GA for 3 years.)

Now, if CHEROKEE ever goes blue then I’ll know the “Commies” have truly won. When I was there they wouldn’t even offer up a Democratic challenger for the state legislature.
Date: November 04, 2020 09:52AM
deckeda
Handle losing is one event I wished I could have witnessed as a resident (we got hammered by Democrats there texting us the last few weeks despite not having lived in GA for 3 years.)

Now, if CHEROKEE ever goes blue then I’ll know the “Commies” have truly won. When I was there they wouldn’t even offer up a Democratic challenger for the state legislature.

Yeah, not much hope for Cherokee County.
There are a lot of new people moving into Woodstock, but I still wouldn’t hold my breath.

And, if I never see Karen Handle again, I would be very happy about that.

Posted by: ArtP
Date: November 04, 2020 09:59AM
S. Pupp

I'll throw up a few of those for my State. I hope all those early voters like me still to be counted are all for Biden.

CNN is on as i type this - how can it be that close? i thought more Michiganians were smarter???
Date: November 04, 2020 10:07AM
ArtP
S. Pupp

I'll throw up a few of those for my State. I hope all those early voters like me still to be counted are all for Biden.

CNN is on as i type this - how can it be that close? i thought more Michiganians were smarter???

Wayne County is everything. Michigan looks good. If Biden wins, we'll have to buy Detroit and Milwaukee fine meals.
Posted by: Z
Date: November 04, 2020 10:08AM
ArtP
S. Pupp

FUD with a side of grievance is apparently a strong motivator.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: November 04, 2020 10:25AM
ArtP
S. Pupp

Yeah, me too. But look at the county breakout map and Michigan is mostly red. If it wasn't for the Detroit area, Michigan would be a solid red state. All the Trump and James signs and flags attest to the right-wing-ness of the yahoos here.

The James/Peters senate race is what bothers me. Michigan has been solidly Democratic with senators for years. If Peters loses, there is really no chance of the Senate flipping. Democrats will have lost two Senate seats - Jones and Peters.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: PeterB
Date: November 04, 2020 10:42AM
Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to work out the way you all seem to think it will.

I predict a 269-269 tie, and then we all know what happens.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 04, 2020 11:16AM
....tie me up.....tie me down.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: November 04, 2020 11:44AM
Biden lead in Michigan and Wisconsin is continuing to grow slowly. I think they are getting close to calling both of those states for Biden.

Nevada will not report any more results today, I think they are going to be waiting for additional mail in ballots to come in. That should favor Biden right, especially since he has the lead there?

If Nevada goes Biden’s way, then it doesn’t matter what the remaining states like Pennsylvania do.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 04, 2020 11:48AM
The incumbent has already announced that he will seek a recount in WI, where it looks like the margin of victory is well under 1%.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: November 04, 2020 11:51AM
Yes, but in the past these sorts of recounts haven’t changed the results much. And if the pundits are to be believed, that is what they are saying about Wisconsin.
Date: November 04, 2020 11:55AM
Carnos Jax
Biden lead in Michigan and Wisconsin is continuing to grow slowly. I think they are getting close to calling both of those states for Biden.

Nevada will not report any more results today, I think they are going to be waiting for additional mail in ballots to come in. That should favor Biden right, especially since he has the lead there?

If Nevada goes Biden’s way, then it doesn’t matter what the remaining states like Pennsylvania do.

Let's not forget the single electoral vote from the city of Omaha that Biden won.
Date: November 04, 2020 11:56AM
Did those previous recounts come accompanied by maximum scrutiny applied to discount the greatest number of votes cast before the recount?

rj
AKA
Date: November 04, 2020 11:56AM
Oh, does Nebraska split electoral votes?
Date: November 04, 2020 11:58AM
rjmacs
Did those previous recounts come accompanied by maximum scrutiny applied to discount the greatest number of votes cast before the recount?

I presume call such a recount attempt to do that. But I get what you’re saying, the orangutans followers are looking to play dirty, and steal the election if they can.
Date: November 04, 2020 12:01PM
vision63
Carnos Jax

Let's not forget the single electoral vote from the city of Omaha that Biden won.

Sadly looks to be offset by district 2 in Maine.... But a win is a win!!

rj
AKA
Date: November 04, 2020 12:07PM
from twitter:

Wisconsin Elections Commission Administrator says on @NBCNews

“All of the ballots have been counted.” Joe Biden has won Wisconsin by 20,697 votes.
Date: November 04, 2020 12:09PM
hal
from twitter:

“All of the ballots have been counted.” Joe Biden has won Wisconsin by 20,697 votes.

Might as well start the recount then.

Date: November 04, 2020 12:11PM
It’s looking almost, and I stress almost, that it doesn’t look like Trump can win Nevada and Arizona from a mathematical point of view. It is very tempting to call the election for Biden at this point.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 04, 2020 12:12PM
PeterB
Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to work out the way you all seem to think it will.

I predict a 269-269 tie, and then we all know what happens.

Barring 1) a change in results in AZ (already called for Biden by 2 orgs, but not all), or 2) some hanky-panky in WI, MI or NV, where Biden is ahead by close but apparently pretty safe margins, that’s 270.

PA (or GA, unlikely IMO) would just be a cushion. A welcome cushion, certainly, but I’ll take a two-EV win. (Biden also just became the biggest popular-vote candidate in history, FYI)..

Elections have consequences; both this one and the one in 2016 were close, but that only counts in horseshoes.
Date: November 04, 2020 12:14PM
rgG
hal
from twitter:

Might as well start the recount then.

If That putrid stinking pile of @#$%& called Trump and his team manages to throw out some of those votes, and thereby steal the election, we need a coup. This is the same thing that was denied to Gore in 2004
Date: November 04, 2020 12:23PM
rjmacs
vision63
Carnos Jax

Sadly looks to be offset by district 2 in Maine.... But a win is a win!!

No, because Biden will win the other 3 Maine votes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2020 12:26PM by vision63.
Date: November 04, 2020 12:34PM
Carnos Jax
If That putrid stinking pile of @#$%& called Trump and his team manages to throw out some of those votes, and thereby steal the election, we need a coup. This is the same thing that was denied to Gore in 2004

Settle. We're not at Threat Level Coup yet.

smiley12

rj
AKA
Date: November 04, 2020 01:15PM
rjmacs
Carnos Jax

Settle. We're not at Threat Level Coup yet.

smiley12

If Biden can win Pennsylvania then we don't need Wisconsin. BUT, Wisconsin is in good hands with Governor Tony Evers. Michigan with Governor Whitmer and Pennsylvania with Governor Tom Wolf.
Date: November 04, 2020 01:16PM
All major news sites are calling Wisconsin for Biden now.
Date: November 04, 2020 01:31PM
Wapo.com headline: Biden camp projects confidence while Trump team prepares legal challenges
Date: November 04, 2020 01:34PM
In WI, the Libertarians took 38k votes from Trump :-)
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 04, 2020 01:34PM
Sam3
ArtP
S. Pupp

Yeah, me too. But look at the county breakout map and Michigan is mostly red. If it wasn't for the Detroit area, Michigan would be a solid red state. All the Trump and James signs and flags attest to the right-wing-ness of the yahoos here.

You forgot Flint, East Lansing and Ann Arbor which are all true blue. thumbs up

Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 04, 2020 02:25PM
I think that Michigan and Arizona have pretty substantial leads for Biden. Right now I am fretting over Nevada due to that microscopic 8000 vote lead. There are still votes left to count in the big counties (Clark, mainly) but a lot of small counties.

Somebody please explain to me that Nevada is largely in the bag. It would help my blood pressure and digestion.

But --- I think a razor thin 270 electoral vote victory for Joe Biden would be absolutely delicious, and because it would be due to a flip of Arizona, I would be laughing my head off at Trump for weeks.

Plus --- I wonder if Trump fighting over recounts and lawsuits would distract him for a few weeks and reduce the amount of trouble he creates in his lame duck session.
Date: November 04, 2020 02:30PM
From what I understand the vast majority of votes yet to be counted are in heavily democratic counties, in Nevada. And as it is mail in ballots tend to favor Biden. So really it seems like Biden should win Nevada.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 04, 2020 02:37PM
Ca Bob

Somebody please explain to me that Nevada is largely in the bag. It would help my blood pressure and digestion.

Maybe this:

[www.vox.com]

Nevada is still too close to call, but the bulk of the ballots left to be counted come from that state’s Democratic stronghold of Clark County.

e pluribus unum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020