advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Say calming things
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 04, 2020 10:23AM
Because I'm losing my stuff here!

Seriously, thanks to you folks I do feel slightly better, even if the outcome means the end to any progress of the last 50 years. Ah, see, I'm back to feeling schitty.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Say calming things
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 04, 2020 10:30AM
Right there with you.

I am sitting outside in the sun.
The sun is still shining, no matter how I feel inside.
That warms my soul, a little.
Still, a warm tear finds its way down my cheek.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: p8712
Date: November 04, 2020 10:38AM
I’ve had a migraine and nausea since last night.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 04, 2020 10:39AM
No election can stop me from loving my neighbor and the stranger.

Politics is bigger than elections, and life is bigger than politics.

The privilege to grieve the loss of a better America means knowing it was better for me.

One day, one election, one breath at a time - paralysis from overload is no fun.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: PeterB
Date: November 04, 2020 10:52AM
OK, at this point, I've decided to try to be very Zen-like about it.

If Dump wins, yes, we will have to endure another four years of this. But that will not be the end. The Dems still control the House (and might get the Senate too, though that looks unlikely), and anything Dump tries to do now will be under extreme scrutiny -- particularly if it's a close electoral vote (which it looks like it will be) and he loses the popular vote as he did in 2016. He may think he has a mandate, but he doesn't, and we all know that.

He's already been impeached once (maybe he'll make a record as being the only President in history to be impeached twice, if that's even possible?) and life will go on.

Sometimes life is about making the best of a terrible situation, and the struggle itself is what's important and worthwhile. Anyone who voted to get this guy out of power should be very proud of themselves, regardless of the outcome. You voted for love, freedom, and democracy, rather than hatred, oppression, and tyranny.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2020 10:56AM by PeterB.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 04, 2020 11:08AM
Any world containing fluffy bunnies can’t be all bad.

Date: November 04, 2020 11:12AM
S. Pupp

Or these:

Posted by: Diana
Date: November 04, 2020 11:17AM
S. Pupp

And can flip the switch to “Killer Rabbit.” smiley-shocked003
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 04, 2020 11:21AM
Sometimes life is about making the best of a terrible situation, and the struggle itself is what's important and worthwhile. Anyone who voted to get this guy out of power should be very proud of themselves, regardless of the outcome. You voted for love, freedom, and democracy, rather than hatred, oppression, and tyranny.

This. We have all done our best, and now the outcome is beyond our control. If Biden should lose, we cannot afford to despair - that will only prolong our misery. In the end, truth will win out. It will take courage to keep moving towards our goal. And that will be true even if Biden wins.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 04, 2020 12:28PM
My mindset took about 3 years to develop. In 2018 I was tired of the continual WTF - Happened -This - Time? In 2019 we all learned about one political party’s total conversion to cultism, which left me open to realizing I’m 2020 there were things I could personally affect and many more I could not, enabling me to stay more focused on anything non-political, including the real possibility of 45’s re-election.

I remember thinking in 2016 it wasn’t possible for him to win. Sound familiar, today?

The first person to argue, “Yes, but here’s why this time is different ... “ isn’t paying attention.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 04, 2020 12:33PM
rjmacs
No election can stop me from loving my neighbor and the stranger.

Politics is bigger than elections, and life is bigger than politics.

The privilege to grieve the loss of a better America means knowing it was better for me.

One day, one election, one breath at a time - paralysis from overload is no fun.

That's cuz you're a sweet person to your core.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 04, 2020 12:34PM
Correct, even if Biden wins, we have to figure out why was the election even this close?
Posted by: btfc
Date: November 04, 2020 01:12PM
Change sometimes happens slowly, but is inevitable due to changing demographics. Democrats need to continue to up their game, but Repugs have weaseled themselves into an inexorably shrinking corner.

And baby animals!

Posted by: vision63
Date: November 04, 2020 01:17PM
Carnos Jax
Correct, even if Biden wins, we have to figure out why was the election even this close?

I know why. They're not going to pay attention to me.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 04, 2020 01:17PM
Thanks for the post(s). I'm fairly close to losing it. This is a major source of stress. The really sad part is it shouldn't be.

Posted by: bfd
Date: November 04, 2020 01:37PM
Did anyone honestly think this was going to be easy? (besides the idiot pollsters)

It's just exactly what many predicted. A split nation, an antiquated election system - despite the technology to do it far better, and enough corruption from top to bottom to make the whole process stink and sink.

What's not to like?
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 04, 2020 01:48PM
Yeah, don’t know what to think, looks like we’ll lose seats in the house, make no games in the Senate, I just barely win the presidency. Far from what was expected. But at least the presidency will be saved, hopefully.
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 04, 2020 02:12PM
Carnos Jax
Yeah, don’t know what to think, looks like we’ll lose seats in the house, make no games in the Senate, I just barely win the presidency. Far from what was expected. But at least the presidency will be saved, hopefully.

Luckily our house seat stayed blue here is GA.
smiley-music039

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 04, 2020 02:24PM
[www.youtube.com]
Date: November 04, 2020 02:54PM
bfd
Did anyone honestly think this was going to be easy? (besides the idiot pollsters)

It's just exactly what many predicted. A split nation, an antiquated election system - despite the technology to do it far better, and enough corruption from top to bottom to make the whole process stink and sink.

What's not to like?

You forgot:

- voter intimidation

- holdup of ballots by the USPS

- manipulation of voters through social media and "influencers"

- interference by foreign actors (for all we know, some of the counts in these states are grossly wrong, their polling machines/computers were hacked)

- certain loony tunes claiming the election was rigged, which itself could have affected the results

Posted by: Sam3
Date: November 05, 2020 04:42AM
cbelt3
[www.youtube.com]

Thanks!

That was really nice. The Golden/Collie made the video all the more special.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020