advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
the PENn_IS mightier than?!......Trump suing to stop vote counting in Pennsylvania....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 04, 2020 02:30PM
.....what the.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2020 02:30PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the PENn_IS mightier than?!......Trump suing to stop vote counting in Pennsylvania....
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 04, 2020 02:33PM
LOL, it looks like the betting sites might have been onto something as they are lately trending for Biden!
Re: the PENn_IS mightier than?!......Trump suing to stop vote counting in Pennsylvania....
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 04, 2020 02:42PM
Wow, trumps lead in Pennsylvania is decreasing.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 04, 2020 02:49PM
Trump Campaign says they are appealing to SCOTUS to stop any further vote count in Pennsylvania. The court earlier turned down the request but left open the right to revisit the subject.

“The time has come. Given last night’s results, the vote in Pennsylvania may well determine the next President of the United States,” Jay Sekulow, a lawyer for the President, said in the new filing.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: gabester
Date: November 04, 2020 02:52PM
Saw a NYT fantasy piece from this morning extrapolating that, at that time while down 700k votes there were twice that left to be counted and splitting 80-20 for Biden, which if that held would mean he'd come out on top with just a few thousand more votes and claiming PA.

It's no wonder the President doesn't want the counting to continue. Without NV in the bag, and the President's campaign requesting extensions in NV, I have a very sick to my stomach feeling this is how democracy ends - in America, in 2020.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 04, 2020 02:53PM
In 2000 Florida, SCOTUS had adequate cover for their partisan butts, but the cover is mighty thin here yet.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: November 04, 2020 02:55PM
Ombligo
Trump Campaign says they are appealing to SCOTUS to stop any further vote count in Pennsylvania. The court earlier turned down the request but left open the right to revisit the subject.

“The time has come. Given last night’s results, the vote in Pennsylvania may well determine the next President of the United States,” Jay Sekulow, a lawyer for the President, said in the new filing.

I just don't understand how even the Supreme Court can stop a legit vote count. These people legally voted. To say otherwise is a travesty.

Posted by: gabester
Date: November 04, 2020 03:15PM
bazookaman
I just don't understand how even the Supreme Court can stop a legit vote count. These people legally voted. To say otherwise is a travesty.

But you know...

IOKIYAR! MAGA!
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 04, 2020 03:22PM
Michigan too:

President Donald Trump’s campaign said Wednesday that it had filed suits to halt the counting of ballots in Michigan and Pennsylvania, as the campaign demanded increased access to observe the tallying process at numerous locations in those battleground states.

The Trump campaign [also] said that its in Michigan lawsuit demands that the campaign be allowed to “review those ballots” ... “which were opened and counted while we did not have meaningful access.”

...and right on cue, a new Brooks Brothers riot:

NBCNews reporter tweet

#BREAKING: Large, animated crush of “stop the count” protestors trying to push their way into TCF hall in #Detroit where ballots are being counted.

They’re being blocked by guards at the door.

... It’s tense.

These people suck. Trump’s desperation is palpably increasing.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 04, 2020 03:32PM
I’ve got enough ammo.

Our neighbor across the street who we are friendly with hollered over, “It’s looking good, keep your fingers crossed!” We had yard signs so she knew who we were backing but they didn’t and we always thought she was a Republican. There were as many Democratic signs as there were Republican in our neighborhood although our state senator and representative are both Republicans and easily won re-election. There was a boatload of money dropped on the senate race.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 04, 2020 04:22PM
and we always thought she was a Republican.

That’s because she is but doesn’t like Trump. Would just as soon vote [R] next time, I wager.

Bring champagne (or something stronger) over to the house this weekend and see if I’m proven wrong.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 04, 2020 05:26PM
.....PENnE.....pasta.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 05, 2020 10:44AM
Civil War?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020