advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Manhattan Fifth Avenue Street Report-nervous
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 04, 2020 03:27PM
Had an annual checkup at my doctor's a block or so away from Trump Tower in Manhattan. I emerged from the subway and my first reaction was "Holy Cow, they really have boarded up most of the stores!" (we're looking at you, Cartier) It was surprising because in Queens, ain't nobody boarding up stores. In fact, hereabouts it's what passes for normal nowadays (99% masks).
However, in famously bustling midtown Manhattan there were relatively few people on the street, light traffic and plenty of plywood.

So yes, those pictures are true. Whether or not the fortifications are merited is dubious. Please keep in mind this wisdom...Midtown Manhattan is NOT New York City. Apropos of this, I was talking to a cameraman from Spectrum TV (owned by the despised Charter Communications). He was walking up Fifth Avenue, stopping and shooting footage of the boarded up stores one by one. That's so they can drop it into their newscasts to make you think the NYCPocalyse is neigh. It ain't.

My doctor says I should get out and walk more every day. That's my report. (no pictures, you can see them on the panic-next-time news. They have better cameras, anyway.)

Everyone at the langone Medical Center wanted Dump Trump and Traitor Trump buttons. They wiped out my supply of 23 in a flash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2020 03:32PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Manhattan Fifth Avenue Street Report-nervous
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 04, 2020 03:36PM
Steve G., you do good work! Maybe you can make some Trump 20/20 buttons for the indictments and trials. Maybe a ‘Make President Trump a Lifer.’

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Manhattan Fifth Avenue Street Report-nervous
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 04, 2020 03:37PM
Speedy
Steve G., you do good work! Maybe you can make some Trump 20/20 buttons for the indictments and trials. Maybe a ‘Make President Trump a Lifer.’

If it didn't bring up unfortunate allusions to lynching, I'd prefer "Hang The Bastard".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 52
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020