advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Would Prezinator Arnold have been a Two-Term President?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 07, 2020 11:25AM
If the pesky birther thing weren’t an issue could/would we have avoided Cheeto McTweeto?

I thought from the beginning, that l’Orange Doofant really wanted to play kingmaker, and pull the strings of who he installed as President, rather than assume the mantle himself. When the R’s imploded and Dastardly Donny couldn’t play the role he really desired, his true character was exposed for the whole world to see. I think had Arnold been available, and still had political aspirations, 45 would rather have had his hand up Arnold’s butt, controlling The Prezinator from arm’s length, rather than taking the fire that he ended up taking.

Now that he’s out, Dethroned Donny can try to play the kingmaker role he desired for 2016.
Or not.
Good riddens.
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Would Prezinator Arnold have been a Two-Term President?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 07, 2020 11:37AM
I think you underestimate Arnold. But then again, I don't really care.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 07, 2020 01:52PM
Ahnalt learned what governing really means while he did his thing here in Cali. He's said many times that he had no idea how difficult it was to get anything of importance, and he was actually somewhat of a success at getting different sides to at least listen to each other. He may well be best know as the last GOP governor in the state of Cali.

With the large urban areas in play now, the conservative fringers who live in the outskirts of the state will be outnumbered forever. They'll still be able to enact a certain level of local control, but it won't mean much in the overall direction of state government.

He'd have never gotten along well enough with Dumbf to be any kind of puppet. OTOH, his three kids have plenty of room up their arses for his tiny orange hands.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 07, 2020 03:12PM
bfd
Ahnalt learned what governing really means while he did his thing here in Cali. He's said many times that he had no idea how difficult it was to get anything of importance, and he was actually somewhat of a success at getting different sides to at least listen to each other. He may well be best know as the last GOP governor in the state of Cali.

With the large urban areas in play now, the conservative fringers who live in the outskirts of the state will be outnumbered forever. They'll still be able to enact a certain level of local control, but it won't mean much in the overall direction of state government.

He'd have never gotten along well enough with Dumbf to be any kind of puppet. OTOH, his three kids have plenty of room up their arses for his tiny orange hands.

I was mightily opposed to Arnold being Governor and still resent the whole recall effort that was funded and spearheaded by Darrell Issa.

But I warmed up to Arnold when I realized that has a good sense about political things. He had to learn some things the hard way but he's a guy that knows how to defer to intellect and ability. Plus, he's a guy that genuinely wants to help people.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 08, 2020 08:05AM
I think he was a good Governor that would have been infinitely better than His Orangeness as President. Enough said.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020