advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
GA SOS Raffensberger’s wife tests positive and he is in quarantine.
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 13, 2020 07:57AM
I feel sorry for this guy. Even when he was running for office, he seemed to be a basically decent person. I didn’t vote for him, but I don’t remember rabid attack ads from him, and hey, he had to be better than Kemp, who he replaced. His own people are throwing him under the bus for trying to do his job and now he needs to quarantine. Wow.
Of course, maybe he will be happy to quarantine, so he can stay away from his crazy party members. Makes you wonder why some of these people don’t try to change the party from the inside.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2020 07:57AM by rgG.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: GA SOS Raffensberger’s wife tests positive and he is in quarantine.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: November 13, 2020 08:14AM
Yeah that was also my thought - from the outside here in KS, from what I've seen thus far since early November, he seems like a decent fellow. Thus far, seems to be standing up to the Trumpers who want to steal the election. I haven't read much on how this election went down there vs the primaries where people were left standing in line for hours for no good reason - I'm still wondering how that happened and if it was a deliberate effort to suppress D voting.

?
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 13, 2020 08:39AM
SteveO
Yeah that was also my thought - from the outside here in KS, from what I've seen thus far since early November, he seems like a decent fellow. Thus far, seems to be standing up to the Trumpers who want to steal the election. I haven't read much on how this election went down there vs the primaries where people were left standing in line for hours for no good reason - I'm still wondering how that happened and if it was a deliberate effort to suppress D voting.

?

GA got all new voting machines this year and of course the worst possible thing was to test a new system with a record turn out.
Most of the problems were in Fulton county, the largest county in the state population wise, and they have had voting problems for decades. We lived there for 27 years, and it was always something.
I think most of the issues were simply from a new system and not enough polling places, in the primary. The problem with the early voting was the new system, there were still multiple problems, combined with the fact that it seemed everyone tried to vote on the first day. In the middle of early voting and on actual Election Day the wait times we normal.
If “someone” hadn’t talked people out of doing absentee ballots, which were super easy to apply for and you didn’t need a special reason to ask for one, then things would have been much, much easier.

Not to say Raffensberger couldn’t have done better, but I don’t think he was doing the type of voter suppression that Kemp seemed to be doing during his term. Raffensberger comes from an engineering background, IIRC, and seems to be doing a decent job. Why he got into politics, I have no idea. I wonder if he is questioning that decision about now.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2020 08:43AM by rgG.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 13, 2020 09:16AM
I hope his wife recovers and he doesn’t get COVID. He’s been a great public servant from what I can see.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 13, 2020 01:30PM
Now the Repubs will attack him for not being onsite. Dereliction of duty BS

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020