advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Jim Acosta nails it
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 13, 2020 11:12PM
"We have to pay attention to those tweets now because he's the president, but after January 20th, he just goes back to being another crackpot on the internet."

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Jim Acosta nails it
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 13, 2020 11:28PM
A crackpot with 60+ million followers is a step up from James Woods or that backfence guy.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 14, 2020 12:02AM
I wish his followers saw it that way.

Posted by: hal
Date: November 14, 2020 12:23AM
RgrF
A crackpot with 60+ million followers is a step up from James Woods or that backfence guy.

but what he says does NOT have to be covered by the press
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 14, 2020 12:42AM
He proved that mainstream press is not relevant -- if you can master social media, the lamestream press will follow. I suspect that is what we will see for the next few years.

Hopefully the distractions they will invent won't keep the next administration from focusing on a COVID solution. A solution to the pandemic will lead to a solution of macroeconomic woes as well.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 14, 2020 08:14AM
KK has 189million followers on Instagram.

Noon on Jan 20, 2021 - The Orange Idiot gains massive competition for the attention of his followers.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 14, 2020 09:08AM
I’m still thinking this has upsides. The first through tenth upsides will be Trump will be out of office. But it he continues his looniness (which I think will likely worsen, not abate), the remaining bulk of the GOP will start to rethink its obsequiousness toward this Orange aberration.

The downside risk is looney-right-wing violence, ala Timothy McVeigh. But we may always have that.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 14, 2020 04:42PM
hal
RgrF

but what he says does NOT have to be covered by the press
But isn’t ignoring what’s resonating with 60 million voters a huge part of what left the door open for a Trump in the first place?

Coverage doesn’t have to be relentless, but hearing, understanding and helping the community at large stay aware so they can engage it remains important.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 14, 2020 07:21PM
Most of their demands aren't worth the Covid-19 super spreader breath they're made on…
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020