advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Sad interview with SD nurse describing patients last words as, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real.’
Posted by: hal
Date: November 16, 2020 01:25PM
People dying with their final thoughts being filled with anger and resentment instead of sharing time with family.

So sad - video interview: [twitter.com]

Brought to CNNs attention from this twitter thread the nurse started: [twitter.com]

(I'll transcribe it for you...)
I have a night off from the hospital. As I’m on my couch with my dog I can’t help but think of the Covid patients the last few days. The ones that stick out are those who still don’t believe the virus is real. The ones who scream at you for a magic medicine and that Joe Biden is going to ruin the USA. All while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm (meaning that O2 assistance is at maximum and they still can't breathe - death is not far away).

They tell you there must be another reason they are sick. They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that “stuff” because they don’t have COViD because it’s not real. Yes. This really happens. And I can’t stop thinking about it. These people really think this isn’t going to happen to them. And then they stop yelling at you when they get intubated. It’s like a @#$%& horror movie that never ends. There’s no credits that roll. You just go back and do it all over again.

Which is what I will do for the next three nights. But tonight. It’s me and Cliff and Oreo ice cream. And how ironic I have on my “home” Hoodie. The South Dakota I love seems far away right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2020 04:13PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sad interview with SD nurse describing patients last words as, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real.’
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 16, 2020 03:30PM
The final enlightenment of a South Dakota Republican.

Dang! I guess it wasn’t a hoax after all....
Re: Sad interview with SD nurse describing patients last words as, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real.’
Date: November 16, 2020 03:52PM
I thought this photo and headline were made for each other:

With pandemic raging, Republicans say election results validate their approach

Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds of Iowa called her party’s down-ballot victories “a validation of our balanced response
to covid-19, one that is mindful of both public health and economic health.”

Pandemic? What “pandemic”? And why are they chanting “We’re number 3! We’re number 3!”

Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 16, 2020 05:40PM
There are liars, damned liars, and Republicans.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 16, 2020 06:36PM

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 16, 2020 06:38PM
It's so sad. My county had infections start to blow up after Labor Day. More have died in the last two week than the previous 8 months. cry smiley

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: November 17, 2020 09:10AM
pdq
I thought this photo and headline were made for each other:

With pandemic raging, Republicans say election results validate their approach

Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds of Iowa called her party’s down-ballot victories “a validation of our balanced response
to covid-19, one that is mindful of both public health and economic health.”

Pandemic? What “pandemic”? And why are they chanting “We’re number 3! We’re number 3!”

Credit where credit is due:

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds issues mask mandate after disparaging it as 'feel good' measure

The three-week proclamation, which goes into effect on Tuesday, limited social gatherings to no more than 15 people indoors and 30 outdoors. The directive also restricted the operating hours of bars and restaurants between 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., while permitting takeout and drive-through services outside of that time window.

Just basic public health in the midst of the pandemic of the century. I guess the old “balanced response” wasn’t doing the trick, with cases and deaths soaring, and their hospitals filled to the brink.

Better late than never.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 17, 2020 09:32AM
Ms Reynolds is exempt from any sort of cognitive ability exam?
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 18, 2020 03:53AM
This is just the worst president.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020