advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Georgia recount uncovers 2,600 new votes in presidential race
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 16, 2020 05:19PM
[www.ajc.com]

A recount in Georgia’s presidential race found more than 2,600 ballots in Floyd County that hadn’t originally been tallied, likely helping President Donald Trump reduce his 14,000-vote deficit to Joe Biden.

Trump could gain about 800 net votes from the newly discovered ballots, said Luke Martin, chairman of the Floyd County Republican Party.

The problem occurred because county election officials didn’t upload votes from a memory card in an ballot scanning machine, according to the secretary of state’s office.

“The secretary, since this was such an amazing blunder and they had issues in August, would like to see that elections director in Floyd county step down from his position,” Sterling said during a news conference Monday evening.

It won’t change anything, but I can just hear the furor over this and how this means that the election was for sure stolen.
Apparently the had issues during the primary in Floyd county, too, so Raffensperger has rightly called for the elections official to step down. I have no idea what party the screw up is affiliated with.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Georgia recount uncovers 2,600 new votes in presidential race
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 16, 2020 05:42PM
This is bad, it will strengthen their arguments that the election was stollen. I don’t even want to think what Tucker Carlson will say about this.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 16, 2020 05:42PM
SEE!!!!! WE TOLD YOU!!!!!!
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 16, 2020 05:44PM
This doesn't bother me at all. It won't change anything and it's good to have all votes counted.

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 16, 2020 05:50PM
space-time
This is bad, it will strengthen their arguments that the election was stollen. I don’t even want to think what Tucker Carlson will say about this.

Your election was stollen, you say?

Talk to these guys.....

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: November 16, 2020 05:51PM
Next they will try to throw the GA SoS under the bus for cozying up to dems (in other words, counting votes)
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 16, 2020 06:11PM
The people have a right to know what the vote count is. The fact that the Trump side has made claims that are untrue and downright paranoid is a public relations problem, but it was going to be a problem no matter what. For some people, this should be an indication that the recount is thorough and honest.
Date: November 16, 2020 06:23PM
Ca Bob
The people have a right to know what the vote count is. The fact that the Trump side has made claims that are untrue and downright paranoid is a public relations problem, but it was going to be a problem no matter what. For some people, this should be an indication that the recount is thorough and honest.

For some people an 'honest' recount can only end with a Trump victory. These are insane people.
Date: November 16, 2020 06:41PM
They should have known there was a problem because the vote tally and the number of people who came through to vote didn’t match. Sounds like it was just gross incompetence rather than anything intentional, but it still will fuel the fires.

Posted by: Acer
Date: November 16, 2020 08:15PM
2600 overlooked out of 159.8 million cast.

That's 0.00163% of the national vote.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 16, 2020 09:45PM
Acer

Oh, but just wait until the kookbiscuits decide that this kind of error happened in EVERY SINGLE PRECINCT!

No wonder Dump-o lost!! It was RIGGED! HE WON!!!!!

Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 16, 2020 10:40PM
bfd
Acer

Oh, but just wait until the kookbiscuits decide that this kind of error happened in EVERY SINGLE PRECINCT!

No wonder Dump-o lost!! It was RIGGED! HE WON!!!!!

This is what my locally based radio talker is pushing regarding PA. “Look, there are precincts in Philly that went 100% for Biden. Obvious fraud. They have to throw out all the Philly votes.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 17, 2020 06:35AM
Proud of Georgia for doing a painstaking, highly transparent hand recount and audit. Confirm for once and all that Biden won the state. End of story.
Date: November 17, 2020 08:00AM
Lemon Drop
Proud of Georgia for doing a painstaking, highly transparent hand recount and audit. Confirm for once and all that Biden won the state. End of story.

After the results are certified on Friday, or before if they finish early, since the vote difference will be less than .5%, the loser can still ask for another recount. RollingEyesSmiley5
If they do, and why would any of us think they won’t, that third count would be done by machine.
No one has said how much this is costing us GA tax payers. I can stomach what has already been/being done, but if they call for another recount, I will be pissed. That won’t do me any good, but I will be anyway.
I’ll keep you guys posted, but this is a heads up that we may be counting, yet again.

Posted by: space-time
Date: November 17, 2020 08:42AM
Hypothetical question:

first count, candidate A is ahead

recount, A is still ahead

second recent, now candidate B is slightly ahead.

who wins?
Posted by: Sam3
Date: November 17, 2020 09:01AM
space-time
Hypothetical question:

first count, candidate A is ahead

recount, A is still ahead

second recent, now candidate B is slightly ahead.

who wins?

Isn't that what got us into the Gore/Bush mess? Florida was counting and recounting?

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 17, 2020 09:27AM
Facts don't matter, it's all in what you want to believe.
Date: November 17, 2020 09:32AM
I hope Bloomberg throws some money towards the poorer, Blacker counties in GA that have to shell out tons of overtime dollars for the recounts. I feel like this is another stealth method of draining resources from election districts that will be important to Democrats in January.

rj
AKA
Date: November 17, 2020 09:50AM
No one has said exactly how all this is paid for, since it is technically a state wide audit of the new system.
I was shocked that Fulton county, the largest and the one that has had so many problems over the years, actually got their recount done early.

Date: November 17, 2020 10:52AM
rgG
No one has said exactly how all this is paid for, since it is technically a state wide audit of the new system.
I was shocked that Fulton county, the largest and the one that has had so many problems over the years, actually got their recount done early.

In a news conference, Raffensberger said that the state may explore grants for counties that need assistance, but there's no mechanism in state law for the state to pay counties for the recounts (without the legislature acting).

rj
AKA
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 17, 2020 11:19AM
I suspect Raffensberger is pissed off enough at this point that he's ready to jettison his GOP affiliation, they've all effectively knifed him -- have they not?
Date: November 17, 2020 12:13PM
RgrF
I suspect Raffensberger is pissed off enough at this point that he's ready to jettison his GOP affiliation, they've all effectively knifed him -- have they not?

Pretty much everyone except the Lt. Gov. He must not have gotten the memo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020