advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Georgia official: Recount should be finished Wednesday, most results 'spot on' with original tallies
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 17, 2020 02:52PM
however: Once Georgia has certified its election results, the Trump campaign may request an official recount.

Georgia official: Recount should be finished Wednesday, most results 'spot on' with original tallies

Georgia elections officials say the state's 2020 presidential election recount should be completed Wednesday, adding that most of the results have been "spot on" with the initial tallies reported.

Only 300,000 ballots remain to be hand-counted in Georgia out of the nearly 5 million that were cast in the Nov. 3 general election, according to Gabriel Sterling, Georgia's voting systems implementation manager, CNN reported.

Officials from 29 of the state's 159 counties told CNN that their election audits found no discrepancies with results initially reported.
-
Additionally, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperer (R) on Tuesday said that the audit of the state's voting machines has finished and found no signs of foul play, further quashing the president's theories about Dominion and its software.
-
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Georgia official: Recount should be finished Wednesday, most results 'spot on' with original tallies
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 17, 2020 02:53PM
Not surprised, but also won’t be surprised when they make us count the votes yet again. RollingEyesSmiley5

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: Georgia official: Recount should be finished Wednesday, most results 'spot on' with original tallies
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 17, 2020 03:15PM
If the incumbent requests a recount, it will just be a machine recount - i.e., they just feed the ballots back through and rescan them. Much easier and faster than a hand recount.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 17, 2020 03:56PM
rjmacs
If the incumbent requests a recount, it will just be a machine recount - i.e., they just feed the ballots back through and rescan them. Much easier and faster than a hand recount.

I know, but those ballots will be threadbare after all the handling. Lol

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 17, 2020 04:47PM
I'm fine with a careful going over of the Dominion system -- but I'm assuming that multiple states have already done so. I'm wondering if it's the same machine that I used here in Los Angeles County, because I tapped names on the touch screen, then the machine printed out the votes on the paper ballot (which I had previously inserted in the machine) and then, when I tapped the final part that invited me to finish my voting, it sucked the ballot back into the machine.

I have no problem with an open, multi partisan investigation of every part of the election system, but I think it's long since time to also deal with the rampant voter suppression that was used in Texas, Florida, and other places. Florida limited the voting by felons that had been legalized by previous ballot initiative, and Texas messed with people's ability to do drive up voting. Over the years, multiple southern states have demanded photo IDs (just to mess with the elderly poor) and of course we have gross gerrymandering.

So if the Trumps want to investigate our citizens' ability to vote openly and honestly, let's do it all the way.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 17, 2020 04:48PM
Deplorables won't believe any of it until they can count the votes themselves. That count wouldn't take long though, since they'd have to stop as soon as they ran out of fingers.

The truly genius among them might get a little farther but would still have to stop after they ran out of toes.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 18, 2020 09:00AM
In related news, in Wisconsin, the canvassing (recheck) of votes is done, and the net was that Biden gained something like 50 votes statewide.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020