advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Vox poll: 73 percent of Republican voters are questioning Biden’s victory"
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 18, 2020 03:45PM
There's the meta issue of whether or not to trust polling on these kinds of things, but the poll probably isn't way off:

[www.vox.com]

According to a new survey from Vox and Data for Progress, 73 percent of likely Republican voters say that the allegations of voter fraud have made them question Joe Biden’s victory, a statement that 44 percent of all likely voters agreed with as well. Similarly, 75 percent of likely Republican voters said they believed voter fraud took place during the election that benefitted Biden, something that 43 percent of likely voters overall also stated.

Trump’s refusal to concede the election has significant support from members of his party, too.

A majority of likely Republican voters — 65 percent — agreed with Trump’s decision not to concede despite the fact that media outlets have called the election for Biden. And 69 percent of likely Republican voters felt that Trump doesn’t need to concede until the legal challenges he is levying about voter fraud have been resolved. (Many such cases have already failed, but Trump has vowed to continue additional contests.)

Uhg.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Vox poll: 73 percent of Republican voters are questioning Biden’s victory"
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 18, 2020 03:54PM
Doesn't this work out to about the same level of support as the floor of his approval rating.

He got 47% of the vote, 75% of that is about 35% of voters. That seems to be about the level that blindly approved of anything that he did.
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 18, 2020 04:10PM
When will this dream be over? Will we wake up soon and find the trump thing was just a nightmare and not real?
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 18, 2020 04:20PM
samintx
When will this dream be over? Will we wake up soon and find the trump thing was just a nightmare and not real?

I think so. About 60 days and counting.

Trump isn’t just going to disappear, of course, but he also won’t be in a place where he can do any particular damage (ie the White House). I’m sure he’ll continue to tweet and complain about fraud and the unfairness of it all, and snipe at Biden and Harris and the new administration endlessly.

...which is, unfortunately, the way it should be. People like Trump are best at inane criticism; we’ve learned (if we didn’t know before) that when you actually put such people in charge, it turns out they have no clue of what to do other than follow random, day-to-day urges and stick with their well-ingrained prejudices and memes.

I personally can’t wait until sometime next year when Covid finally recedes, and Trump and his supporters say, see, Trump was right!
Posted by: davester
Date: November 18, 2020 04:55PM
pdq
Trump isn’t just going to disappear, of course, but he also won’t be in a place where he can do any particular damage (ie the White House). I’m sure he’ll continue to tweet and complain about fraud and the unfairness of it all, and snipe at Biden and Harris and the new administration endlessly.

...which is, unfortunately, the way it should be. People like Trump are best at inane criticism; we’ve learned (if we didn’t know before) that when you actually put such people in charge, it turns out they have no clue of what to do other than follow random, day-to-day urges and stick with their well-ingrained prejudices and memes.

Exactly. Hopefully he'll just become another Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannitty/Glenn Beck, bleating inanities at their followers.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 18, 2020 05:09PM
So the majority of Americans are NOT questioning Biden's victory.

Posted by: vision63
Date: November 18, 2020 05:14PM
Joe Biden: As President, "I will work to enact the John Lewis Voting Rights Act."

That alone can be key in putting the lid on right win nonsense. We need those Georgia seats badly.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 18, 2020 05:37PM
GGD
Doesn't this work out to about the same level of support as the floor of his approval rating.

He got 47% of the vote, 75% of that is about 35% of voters. That seems to be about the level that blindly approved of anything that he did.

Yep
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 18, 2020 05:51PM
vision63
Joe Biden: As President, "I will work to enact the John Lewis Voting Rights Act."

That alone can be key in putting the lid on right win nonsense. We need those Georgia seats badly.

No pressure, right? Lol

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: SteveO
Date: November 19, 2020 09:26AM
AllGold

This.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 19, 2020 02:06PM
SteveO
AllGold

This.

Sadly, I believe Trump is working on a coup. Block certifications and faithless electors.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 19, 2020 02:41PM
vision63
SteveO
AllGold

This.

Sadly, I believe Trump is working on a coup. Block certifications and faithless electors.

At least in his mind he has nothing to lose by doubling down on his double downs because the Republicans in Congress are cowards and let him keep doing it. He will keep doing it until they tell him to stop. They don't have enough motivation yet to tell him to stop. They keep hoping that he'll stop himself without them intervening. They are all delusional. They are not going to steal this election. It's just a matter of who chickens out first - Republican Congresscritters or Trump. And Trump is nuts, so...
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 19, 2020 03:10PM
vision63
SteveO
AllGold

This.

He.

Will.

FAIL.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020