advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Remember Two weeks ago?
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 18, 2020 05:12PM
The day after elections thing we’re looking pretty bad... I couldn’t even think about it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Remember Two weeks ago?
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 18, 2020 05:58PM
Going to bed the night before was even worse.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 18, 2020 06:38PM
I remember it well. I thought the Deplorables had it in the bag. House, Senate and four more years of Pres. Trump.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 18, 2020 06:46PM
Speedy
I remember it well. I thought the Deplorables had it in the bag. House, Senate and four more years of Pres. Trump.

I was planning my move...
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 18, 2020 06:48PM
Still not over....

Posted by: vision63
Date: November 18, 2020 06:50PM
I couldn't allow myself to not keep faith.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 18, 2020 06:52PM
I watched what was going on in Florida because I thought it - even though it has a lot of unique elements - would be a pretty good bellwether of what was going to follow. When it became clear fairly early on that there was no blue tide in Florida and it looked likely Trump would win there, I mostly quit watching the race. If Trump was going to win Florida then I figured it was going to come down to Pennsylvania and because Penn only started counting absentee ballots on election day, I assumed it was going to be a long haul. I was taken aback some by how large Trump's lead in Penn was the day after the election, but I had tried to steel myself for the long haul and that helped maintain my hopes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2020 06:55PM by Ted King.
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 18, 2020 06:58PM
I refused to watch any news at all on Tuesday.
Wednesday morning, after seeing the news, I was not feeling good at all.
Mood improved as the day/night went on.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: November 18, 2020 07:10PM
I stayed up 2 nights in a row. I remember the moment in the middle of the night when Steve Kornacki said "Biden has taken the lead" in either Wisconsin or Michigan. I threw my arms up to the ceiling and screamed out loud.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 18, 2020 07:15PM
I was celebrating...because I knew that Herr Trump's amazing cost-cutting health plan would be kicking in right now=> two weeks as promised!
Date: November 18, 2020 07:33PM
I remember gong to bed Tuesday night thinking, how could this be? Especially after last year and the lessons learned by the pollsters taken into account, and this year the polls predicting Biden by twice the margin Clinton had last year. I thought they can't be wrong, we're missing something. But I had that defeated feeling in my stomach. Was thinking/hoping my brother would wake me in the middle of the night if things changed. No such luck, but at 5:00 in the morning he hollered that Biden might win. I said to myself "I knew it, the polls can't be this wrong!" As Wednesday noon approached, it looked to me a mathematical certainty that Biden would end up winning. I tell you, that's been one of the most tumultuous 24 hours of my life.

vision63
I stayed up 2 nights in a row. I remember the moment in the middle of the night when Steve Kornacki said "Biden has taken the lead" in either Wisconsin or Michigan. I threw my arms up to the ceiling and screamed out loud.

Wish I could've seen that!
Posted by: hal
Date: November 18, 2020 07:48PM
Carnos Jax
vision63

I was about to say the same thing - I wonder if 63 is one of those weirdos that videos himself while he watches TV... because that would be worth it :-)
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 18, 2020 07:50PM
Steve G.
I was celebrating...because I knew that Herr Trump's amazing cost-cutting health plan would be kicking in right now=> two weeks as promised!

He's still working on it, he has not been doing anything else since elections. just give him a few more days.
Posted by: Don C
Date: November 18, 2020 08:01PM
Guess I had been watching too much MSNBC because they had been saying for weeks that the mail in vote which would likely be primarily Biden ballots would be counted late in the process.

That was the whole substance of T's insistence that only votes counted on Tuesday should be included. I was ready to wait it out.

That said, it was a sigh of relief when WI and MI were called blue.
Date: November 18, 2020 08:07PM
Don C
That was the whole substance of T's insistence that only votes counted on Tuesday should be included. I was ready to wait it out.

Absolutely! What kind of idiots are Trump and his supporters, to say @#$%& like that? It's like they failed civics class and think being a dictator is okay.
Date: November 18, 2020 08:08PM
hal
Carnos Jax
vision63

I was about to say the same thing - I wonder if 63 is one of those weirdos that videos himself while he watches TV... because that would be worth it :-)

Here I am with my arms raised showin off muh guns.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 18, 2020 08:09PM
I knew also from reading and listening to too much public radio that the late vote count would swing back but I was having dark dreams for a couple of days there.
Posted by: davester
Date: November 18, 2020 08:30PM
Carnos Jax
Absolutely! What kind of idiots are Trump and his supporters, to say @#$%& like that? It's like they failed civics class and think being a dictator is okay.

Um, actually they never went to civics class and they do think dictators are OK.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 18, 2020 08:39PM
vision63
hal
Carnos Jax
vision63

Not bad for a 60+ something physique - must be the diet huh?
Posted by: davester
Date: November 18, 2020 09:22PM
It wasn't until November 7th that I felt confident enough to post this on my Facebook page:

"What do I feel today? Relief. Catharsis. Elation. Gratitude."

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 18, 2020 09:33PM
I knew about the in-person vs mail-in ballot thing. Even so, I was still pretty uptight Tuesday and into Wednesday.

I knew Biden would win Michigan--I was sure of it. So even while behind I had hope. What really made me depressed was the how much of a lead John James had over Gary Peters in the Michigan senate race. It was a much closer race than the presidential race in Michigan but Peters finally pulled ahead and won.

I wouldn't say it out loud or write it, but my hope was for Biden to take Nevada, Arizona and Georgia in addition to the "blue wall" states of Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. I'm happy that turned out to be true.

On the other hand, I'm very disappointed at how many @#$%& Republican senators kept their seats. Of those, Joni Ernst hurts the most.

Posted by: samintx
Date: November 18, 2020 09:52PM
Steve G.

Haven’t you heard his Rose Garden spreader? I’m sure it must have been announced. He wouldn’t leave that important matter incomplete...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 18, 2020 09:56PM
....week....in the knees....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: November 18, 2020 10:20PM
RgrF
vision63
hal
Carnos Jax
vision63

Not bad for a 60+ something physique - must be the diet huh?

Check out my awesome neck veins for transporting nutrient-rich power blood.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 18, 2020 11:05PM
samintx
Steve G.

Haven’t you heard his Rose Garden spreader? I’m sure it must have been announced. He wouldn’t leave that important matter incomplete...

What I heard was pretty much what you should spread on rose gardens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 73
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020