advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
C Christie jumps from the Orange Ship
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 22, 2020 11:24AM
trashing His Highness's legal team and stating the obvious - there is no voter fraud.

I wonder if the Orange Horde will attack him like they are doing Tucker.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: C Christie jumps from the Orange Ship
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 22, 2020 12:12PM
sekker
trashing His Highness's legal team and stating the obvious - there is no voter fraud.

I wonder if the Orange Horde will attack him like they are doing Tucker.

Maybe he had a "come to Jesus" moment after getting Covid from his little orange buddies. Too little, too late, CC.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 22, 2020 12:18PM
"Is it finally time for this end?" Stephanopoulos asked.

"Yes," Christie responded. "The president has had an opportunity to access the courts. And I said to you, you know, George, starting at 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning, if you've got the evidence of fraud, present it. And what's happened here is, quite frankly, the conduct of the president's legal team has been a national embarrassment."

"Sidney Powell accusing [Georgia] Gov. Brian Kemp of a crime on television yet being unwilling to go on TV and defend and lay out the evidence that she supposedly has. This is outrageous conduct by any lawyer, and notice, George, they won't do it inside the courtroom," said Christie, a former federal prosecutor. "They allege fraud outside the courtroom, but when they go inside the courtroom, they don't plead fraud, and they don't argue fraud."

"I've been a supporter of the president. I voted for him twice. But elections have consequences, and we cannot continue to act as if something happened here that didn't happen. You have an obligation to present the evidence. The evidence has not been presented," Christie added.

"I said it on election night, and I hope more say it going forward because the country is what has to matter the most, as much as I'm a strong Republican and I love my party," Christie said. "It's the country that has to come first."
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 22, 2020 12:36PM
Parse his quotes again.

Christie has jumped nowhere. His criticism is of Trump’s legal team, as if they are the problem, doing things “wrong.”

He is dancing all around the fact that the only reason this circus exists is because of the person demanding it. People keep saying obsequious things like it-shouldn’t-be-happening or whatever but they remain unable to rebuke Trump specifically.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 22, 2020 01:09PM
....for Christ(ie).....sake.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: November 22, 2020 01:11PM
deckeda
Parse his quotes again.

Christie has jumped nowhere. His criticism is of Trump’s legal team, as if they are the problem, doing things “wrong.”

He is dancing all around the fact that the only reason this circus exists is because of the person demanding it. People keep saying obsequious things like it-shouldn’t-be-happening or whatever but they remain unable to rebuke Trump specifically.

This is The Way.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 22, 2020 01:18PM
Whatever Christie thinks, he makes sure everyone knows he thinks it. This is who he is.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 22, 2020 03:15PM

I prefer the more direct method
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 22, 2020 03:26PM
deckeda
Parse his quotes again.

I think the fact that he said "The country must come first" rather than "Trump must come first" is evidence that he's jumped ship. After all, how is Trump going to take that?
Date: November 22, 2020 04:55PM
Steve G.

I prefer the more direct method

What an amazing moment! I still relish the feeling I get when I first saw this clip.
Date: November 22, 2020 04:55PM
S. Pupp
deckeda
Parse his quotes again.

I think the fact that he said "The country must come first" rather than "Trump must come first" is evidence that he's jumped ship. After all, how is Trump going to take that?

Yes, and that elections have consequences.
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 22, 2020 05:16PM
Steve G.
"I've been a supporter of the president. I voted for him twice. But elections have consequences, and we cannot continue to act as if something happened here that didn't happen. You have an obligation to present the evidence. The evidence has not been presented," Christie added.

So is he saying that he voted for 45 even after catching COVID from him and winding up in an ICU for a week, or is he admitting voter fraud saying that he voted twice in 2016?
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 22, 2020 06:39PM
Christie periodically jumps ship, but he always wears a bungee cord so he can bounce back in right away.

Posted by: hal
Date: November 22, 2020 06:48PM
that poor, poor bungee cord...
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 22, 2020 09:37PM
S. Pupp
deckeda
Parse his quotes again.

No one ever says out loud Trump must come first. But most never say he must come last, which more closely identifies the problem and not the symptom.

The "country must come first" is wonderful theory which begs the question of exactly what needs to be done to get there, such as getting Trump to back the EFF off and be somewhat of a statesman for once.

Trump can ignore Christie's comment because Trump wasn't rebuked. To Trump's base, Christie and everyone else who does not specifically call out Trump is just another nobody to be ignored. They won't pay any attention to Christie talking about "country must come first" and what that directly implies.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 23, 2020 01:00AM
Trump knows he lost. Now he's playing his version of the long game which is throw grenades and plant land mines that will hamper the new administration from reaching any sort of effectiveness before the next midterms.

That combined with the political warfare emanating from the Senate, wreckage from COVID and a decimated economy ought to be enough for them to hold the Senate and recapture the House.

I suspect Trump may see that as a path back to the White House.
Date: November 23, 2020 01:07AM
RgrF
Trump knows he lost. Now he's playing his version of the long game which is throw grenades and plant land mines that will hamper the new administration from reaching any sort of effectiveness before the next midterms.

That combined with the political warfare emanating from the Senate, wreckage from COVID and a decimated economy ought to be enough for them to hold the Senate and recapture the House.

I suspect Trump may see that as a path back to the White House.

He has to be worried that NY Attorney General Letitia James has 67 indictments on him ready to be unsealed on January 21st.
Date: November 23, 2020 01:18AM
It then becomes a game of leverage, Junior (if he lives long enough) can be made into a substitute.

Just had a thought, as much as it's beyond improbable and if the NY DA and AG did actually nail his ass and he is assigned incarceration, where would they house his permanent Secret Service detail while he did his jail time? Rent the top two floors of one of his hotels? Would they have to sleep on the floor so as to be near him? and weapons would they need to surrender them.

Enough delusion for one night.
Date: November 23, 2020 01:28AM
RgrF
It then becomes a game of leverage, Junior (if he lives long enough) can be made into a substitute.

Just had a thought, as much as it's beyond improbable and if the NY DA and AG did actually nail his ass and he is assigned incarceration, where would they house his permanent Secret Service detail while he did his jail time? Rent the top two floors of one of his hotels? Would they have to sleep on the floor so as to be near him? and weapons would they need to surrender them.

Enough delusion for one night.

But it's pleasurable to think about. I don't even need him to go to prison. I just need him detained and booked, which should include a satisfying perp walk.
Date: November 23, 2020 01:50AM
I don't think a former POTUS should be jailed either but this time if they allow the down line lawbreakers, the apparatchiks, to walk like they allowed with bankers - the country will never again have faith in justice or government - and with good reason.
Date: November 23, 2020 02:27AM
RgrF
I don't think a former POTUS should be jailed either but this time if they allow the down line lawbreakers, the apparatchiks, to walk like they allowed with bankers - the country will never again have faith in justice or government - and with good reason.

He had a chance to bargain. I don't care if people "trust" government. There will be "government" no matter how they feel. Those people will be easier to defeat. If a year from now, he's bogged down and actually has to do time or lose all of his businesses, he'll regret having not been more cooperative. Even if he doesn't act like it.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 24, 2020 05:35PM
I don't really want to see Trump in jail. The optics for the world would be bad, and the logistics would be difficult. What I want is for him to be ruined, ruined, ruined, no money, no property, no swagger.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 24, 2020 06:35PM
$tevie
I don't really want to see Trump in jail. The optics for the world would be bad, and the logistics would be difficult. What I want is for him to be ruined, ruined, ruined, no money, no property, no swagger.

I want that too, but I also want him to do prison time.

The optics would be bad--are you kidding me? How could that be worse than the shitshow of Trump's presidency?

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 25, 2020 08:55AM
AllGold
$tevie

I want that too, but I also want him to do prison time.

The optics would be bad--are you kidding me? How could that be worse than the shitshow of Trump's presidency?

The optics aren't about Sweet Potato Saddam personally. It's about opening the Pandora's box of federally prosecuting former presidents. It's impossible for such a prosecution to be non-political.

If you want the chants of "Lock [_____] Up!!" to become the new reality, this is one sure way to push us closer.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020